Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s mad they say it’s the most wonderful time of the year but really it’s stressful and over hyped 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Might have a mince pie later, that’ll cheer me up 😂👍❤

I agree it’s the time of year that fuels anxiety. It’s rarely the picture perfect image of Xmas that we are fed that we experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
On a lighter note, husband has a filthy hangover and I just dropped a stainless steel saucepan lid on a stone tiled floor.....his face 😅😅😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Back from Ikea, exhausted doesn't begin to cover it but I'm glad I went. Got a new dish rack, a bottle cleaning brush, a new table cloth and a festive runner, robin baubles for my mum, and I accidentally nicked a mug because I forgot I put it in my tote bag to keep it from rattling in the yellow bag and I just walked out without paying for it 😂 Oh well. I also picked up an apple pie and a box of Annas. I will bully myself into feeling festive this week, mid December and still no tree, it's shocking.

Unintentional heist aside, it was an uneventful day. Having a cuppa now, I'll take a shower and digest the enormous ikea lunch I had to re-energise myself.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’m so sorry to hear so many of you are feeling sad 😞 I wish I could hug you all. I’m here if you need somebody to talk to ❤

I’ve just done a food shop, it was so satisfying 🥰 Finally got some proper food as well fruit and veg 🥦

Coming back to our banana talk, I was buying bananas today (greenish, the only acceptable way to eat then) and this old man comes up to me and goes like “What are you going to do, put them in the microwave to make them yellow?” 🙄 Like what, if I wanted yellow bananas, I would have got them, I just like mine green!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
@coconochanel They are thin ginger biscuits that I like this time of year:

Nd9GcSV08I8YBDtUhMEB5TydH7HIjKuOfTBIcApiw&usqp=CAU.jpg

I agree about the stress and anxiety bduring Christmas. What would your ideal Christmas season be like? Not ideal in the frame of what's considered normal or ideal, but what would you change to make it stress-free? I love the idea of a lowkey holiday, where the number or the cost of presents are pretty much irrelevant. If I had my way, stocking fillers would gladly be The Gift and the main event would just be having your kind of nice time with the people you actually want to see - if that someone is just your pet, so be it. I love the Icelandic tradition of Jolabokaflod, and the want-need-to read gift lists. I enjoy the decorations and wide variety of goods available but the mad consumerism really gives me vertigo. Not even touching the whole 'spending time with relatives from hell' just because it's the done thing.

• Heart
My ideal Christmas would be just me my fella and little peaches at home. We would spend the day just chilling and eating and once little peaches goes to bed me and my fella would get smashed 😂 no stress of additional family. No having to buy additional family gifts. Just the three of us. Never gonna happen though 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m so sorry to hear so many of you are feeling sad 😞 I wish I could hug you all. I’m here if you need somebody to talk to ❤

I’ve just done a food shop, it was so satisfying 🥰 Finally got some proper food as well fruit and veg 🥦

Coming back to our banana talk, I was buying bananas today (greenish, the only acceptable way to eat then) and this old man comes up to me and goes like “What are you going to do, put them in the microwave to make them yellow?” 🙄 Like what, if I wanted yellow bananas, I would have got them, I just like mine green!
I'm totally with you on the banana front. They have to be as close to green as possible for me to eat them. I don't know how anyone eats ripe bananas.
For obvious reasons I hate banana bread :sick:

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I say Tung

Banana - that'll be a seven, I like them slightly over-ripe, not any green on them.

These were sold in Korea - six day bananas, each one-day behind the other in ripeness

e-mart-banana.jpg

In less fun news I want to cry. I met up with my parents today and Christmas is officially cancelled because they're worried about Covid. So I'll be spending the day in bed, in a shared house with people I can't stand, all alone. It's been two years and there's a 99% chance that there will be a lockdown announced before the new year and I just can't take it anymore.

Tattle Chit-Chatters Christmas lunch anyone?

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 13
I say Tung

Banana - that'll be a seven, I like them slightly over-ripe, not any green on them.

These were sold in Korea - six day bananas, each one-day behind the other in ripeness

View attachment 919916

In less fun news I want to cry. I met up with my parents today and Christmas is officially cancelled because they're worried about Covid. So I'll be spending the day in bed, in a shared house with people I can't stand, all alone. It's been two years and there's a 99% chance that there will be a lockdown announced before the new year and I just can't take it anymore.

Tattle Chit-Chatters Christmas lunch anyone?
I'll be spending Christmas on my own and it's highly likely I'll be extremely distraught. My anxiety is already heightened missing my ex and I can't imagine it being any better from Christmas Day to New Years Day. Long winded way of saying I'll be here if you need someone on the day. ❤

• Heart
I'll be spending Christmas on my own and it's highly likely I'll be extremely distraught. My anxiety is already heightened missing my ex and I can't imagine it being any better from Christmas Day to New Years Day. Long winded way of saying I'll be here if you need someone on the day. ❤
what about your younger siblings??

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.