Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so sorry @ordinaryjelly, sounds so tough! You are great though, I believe in you and hope you feel better soon ❤

Is it wrong that I’m actually excited to be doing a big food shop? 😅 I’m probably getting old…

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just browsing the Greggs menu on just eat, saw this and thought of you all
Screenshot_20211212-121530_Chrome.jpg

• Heart
  • Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
My anxiety has been acting up lately, can’t put my finger on why but it’s niggling away in the background and I’m just edgy and can’t fully relax at all.
I've been really bad for the last two weeks. I was sick a couple of weeks ago and had to have a covid test (negative thankfully) and I don't know if that's triggered everything again.

I'm pissed off with my counsellor too. I had an appointment two weeks ago and rang her two days beforehand to tell her I won't be able to come as I was waiting on covid results. She didn't answer (which was fine, she might have been with someone else at the time) and you can't leave a voice message on her phone, so I sent a text which was delivered. I owed her money from the last day as she didn't have any change so she told me to just give it to her next day. I popped it in her letterbox the other day, messaged to let her know and asked her to just let me know if she'd got it and nothing?
The last few times I've been with her, I just feel like she's not listening to anything I'm saying. It feels as though she's had enough of me :(

Everything with Covid is really getting to me again too. It just feels as though there's never going to be any end to it now.

I find Christmas hard anyway due to being estranged from my parents and all of that, their attitude etc is playing on my mind too.

My husband and myself are okay at the moment, but we've been struggling during the year too, mainly due to his family, especially the dreaded MIL.

I'm exhausted all the time and just feel generally crap. I don't know how much of it is due to what ever the flu/bug that's still lingering is, or how much of it is due to anxiety.

My anxiety hasn't been this bad in a long long time. I have private health insurance and it allows for 5 or 6 counselling sessions. At the moment it's over the phone or online. I'm going to ring them tomorrow and see if I can get to talk to someone.

Sorry everyone for the long moan 😓

• Heart
  • Sad
Whats everyone's plans for this afternoon?
Mine is to curl up on the sofa watching the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I feel really anxious today too. My family still aren’t speaking to me. Apart from my Mum texting me the other day saying to spend Christmas with my fellas family instead of mine even though I said I was waiting to hear what their plans were, even though they weren’t talking to me. Last night mil was on the phone going ‘I can’t wait for Christmas can’t wait to see the babies face’ and I know she’s her Grandson and maybe I’m being petty but i just felt a bit of resentment towards her cos my Mum isn’t talking to me and isn’t excited to see the baby. She’s made no effort to see or speak to him. Just the thought of Christmas and the fact it’s getting closer is making me feeling anxious 😞

I feel a bit lonely as well like I’ve got no one to talk to. No one ever texts and is like ‘you ok?’ Seems like I’m the one always texting people asking if their ok. Just feel like no one cares

enough moaning now!

we’re going to mil’s for tea. We’ve not seen her for 2 weeks 😱 been FaceTiming ofc but I bet she’s bound to be even more annoying in person not having seen her for so long 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
Joining the feel like crap club...I can't stop crying. I feel like such an idiot.

• Heart
  • Sad
Whats everyone's plans for this afternoon?
Mine is to curl up on the sofa watching the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
I'm going to watch some Christmas films.

I feel really anxious today too. My family still aren’t speaking to me. Apart from my Mum texting me the other day saying to spend Christmas with my fellas family instead of mine even though I said I was waiting to hear what their plans were, even though they weren’t talking to me. Last night mil was on the phone going ‘I can’t wait for Christmas can’t wait to see the babies face’ and I know she’s her Grandson and maybe I’m being petty but i just felt a bit of resentment towards her cos my Mum isn’t talking to me and isn’t excited to see the baby. She’s made no effort to see or speak to him. Just the thought of Christmas and the fact it’s getting closer is making me feeling anxious 😞

I feel a bit lonely as well like I’ve got no one to talk to. No one ever texts and is like ‘you ok?’ Seems like I’m the one always texting people asking if their ok. Just feel like no one cares

enough moaning now!

we’re going to mil’s for tea. We’ve not seen her for 2 weeks 😱 been FaceTiming ofc but I bet she’s bound to be even more annoying in person not having seen her for so long 😂
Cant you and your fam make up?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Cant you and your fam make up?
dunno really! Don’t wanna give much away what happened but it’s a bit crappy what my Mum done and the things she’s said. I should be mad at her and not want to talk to her but for some reason it’s the other way round

• Sad
Reactions: 8
I know exactly what you mean. I'm always the one that everyone comes to when they have problems, but it seems like nobody wants to know about mine.

Earlier on this year I had my SIL (BIL's ex wife, but we get on well) in tears on the phone to me over something and I did everything I could to help her, but anytime I've messaged her in the last few months, she's just ignored them. She rang me the other night, but I think it was by accident as it barely rang and went off again. I was cooking dinner at the time so I messaged her and said "Ring you in a bit, let me know if you can talk?" and heard nothing back.

My neighbour who I helped out during the year too when her Mum wasn't well is the same. I've sent her a few messages lately and got no reply, but she messaged me Friday morning asking me to take in a package for her if I was home.

Same with a friend of mine who I rang last week and then she moaned about her job to me for an hour and never once asked me how I was.

I'm seriously beginning to wonder if there's actually something wrong with me. I just feel that nobody cares. I know a lot of that stems from childhood issues, but it just feels like people only contact me when they want something from me or I'm useful to them.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 8
Morning all.

I'm in agony and am miserable. I feel like they are trying to solve one problem (my pressure sores) and causing more issues. My legs are so sore from just going side to side and not being straightened out at all. It is making me want to cry. I just want to be at home and not here, reliant on other people to do everything for me.

Didn't get a shower yesterday so am begging for one now.

Otherwise it will just be reading all day.

Gloomy Sunday really.
Are they doing full rolls/turns every few hours? Can they change it to a roll and then an adjustment of the bed to move your pressure areas slightly? I only ask - not a tissue viability nurse - because this is often something that comes up in my role about QOL with pressure areas and often we end up convincing TVN that shuffling someone from side to side every few hours isn't the best option. Might be worth a conversation if it's getting you down. Skin integrity is such a tricky area though :( Sending you gentle hugs xx

Went into town and got a few bits - some nice fluffy PJs for my sister in law (why does Primark seem to sell 500 pieces with Disney characters on and just one that's plain? Not everyone shopping there is a 10 year old girl...) and now I'm writing some Christmas cards before I go to the gym. Must go today as I cried off yesterday.

Reactions: 3
I’m also not feeling very good lately. Anxiety has been up and down and I can’t quite put my finger on what’s going on. I just keep getting into bed early as I don’t know how else to manage it.

Can’t be bothered with Christmas either. I’m only working 4 days next week and then I’m off but I’m actually dreading it cos work gives me something to focus on other then my weird feelings.

In other news, my car keeps showing this weird sign and saying 0% it’s been doing it for like a week and I can’t get it to go away so today I text my mate like ‘what you know about cars, how can I make this go away’ turns out that it means I have no oil which is apparently not good?!

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Oh no, I feel so sad reading some of these posts. For the last year or so I've been trying to distance myself from a toxic friend and have often felt quite stressed about it but reading some of these posts puts things in perspective and has made me feel I shouldn't let it weigh me down as others are going thru much worse.
Sending hugs to you all 💕

rxOG4OB.gif

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Anxiety at this time of year is exacerbated by busyness and everyone’s stress, especially everyone else’s stress. Most people say they love Christmas but I’ve yet to meet someone who’s not anxious this time of year. Every worry and problem is heightened trying to make December merry and bright and Christmas Day perfect. It be interesting if we did a poll on how people felt last year with the lockdown at Christmas. As sad as it was that families couldn’t meet, it took so much stress away.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.