Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Morning all, aww glad baby watermelon slept through maybe he was waking up because he wasn't very well @watermelon sugar. Whats everyones plans today Ive got a couple of errands to run but thats it. (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been up an hour and OH is already doing my nut in.

For my dads Christmas present - notoriously hard to buy for - I got him a signed print of a football match that Clive Tildsley (???) commentated and has signed on the back with a nice football related message to him. So when I ordered it I said to my OH “can you make a simple hanging frame for that to go in if I get the a3 size?” Knowing that I could easily buy a frame for an A4 size but the writing is a bit small so the A3 looks nicer - And he said yes, no problem.

Then he decided he needed a planer to do it properly, but that’s no problem because they’re quite cheap.

I’ve asked this morning what he’s doing about it and all of a sudden the planer he needs is much more expensive, the wood he wants to use isn’t the wood/look I wanted (I literally want four pieces of plain wood cut diagonally at the ends to make it a rectangle, he wanted to use skirting board?!?) and it’s going to take too long to do because he’ll need to sand it and prime it and paint it.

So I said fine we’ll look for a frame online; the type I ideally want is £60 minimum and bleeping massive to fit the print properly. Then we look at some others and he shows me this acrylic monstrosity straight out of a crappy cinema and I said no, because you can’t see the back where the message is, it needs to be hanging for there to be any point to it being see through. Then we had a long debate about what I meant by a hanging picture frame (you know, one that hangs on a string or chain rather than a picture hook) in which he concluded I was wrong and this was never what he wanted or I needed in the first place.

An hour later and we’re no further forward except he’s stropped off because I said he was being deliberately obtuse about it.

And this is why I hate Christmas present shopping for men.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
We’re not up to much today just staying I think. The babies nose is just dripping with snot 🥴 think the anti biotics are kicking in so just gonna let him chill. My fella is on his Christmas night out straight from work tonight so I’m on my own again tonight! I’ve already done two get fit with ricks this morning cos I’ve not done any all week and I feel well good for it! I’ve decided to turn him down and play music through Alexa instead cos Rick sometimes bangs on abit so I’ve just done a body combat workout to ABBA Gold and tell you what a bit of Voulez Vous didn’t half get me in the mood! Only downside is the baby has figured out how to turn Alexa on and say ‘next’ so every other song kept skipping 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
Had a lovely morning making a Christmas wreath. Feel all chrismasy now. It was smashing. Took my daughter, it was so lovely to do something together

what do you think?
View attachment 917448
Gorgeous :love:

Morning all, haven't done much since I woke up, apart from having a cheesy fried egg for breakfast which was lush. Gonna have another mini mince pie (don't attack me mince pie haters) and contemplate purchasing the cottage living package on sims. My laptop cooler thing isn't working though, I have no idea what's going on but I don't want to play the game without it since it heats up a fair amount. 😭 Still haven't put up the tree, still too meh and tired for it, idk what's going on with me. I feel guilty that I don't want to do anything too.

Got a wax appointment this afternoon, and then off to the opera. Can't be arsed with any of it, I just want to stay home and be quiet but I can't back out now so needs must. Have a good saturday!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Morning all. We’ve got a birthday party this morning and then going to panto this afternoon and after that I plan to chill out.
I just did 2 get fit with Rick Xmas videos which were fun.

• Heart
I'm at work til 11.30..its manic! Plus the heating isn't working so I can see my breath!

Off to the football later, against Man Utd so I'm not expecting a win!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I want to go to the gym later but there's an event on in the town where the gym is and the roads will be absolutely grid-locked for at least two hours when I want to go :(

• Sad
Reactions: 3

For today's foreign language bop, have a bit of Fettes Brot's classic "Jein" :LOL:

ETA - also check this out, if you feel like you can understand German Fettes Brot have news for you...

Last edited:
What on earth is going on? Normally I'm a very light sleeper and get about 5 hours a night but this past week I'm sleeping more and more.

I went to bed early again. I was awake from 5-6.30, before drifting off. I just woke up.

All in all I slept for about 11 and a half hours :oops:

• Heart
We have no food at home so it looks like I’m getting McDonald’s for lunch 🍔🍟 I’m on my period so it would be perfect 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I need to do a food shop, I've picked my mum up from the Asda but as you know I don't shop there so its Aldi for me :ROFLMAO:. Then this afternoon I might wrap some prezzies.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m dog sitting this weekend and I made the mistake of buying him a ball. He won’t leave me alone. Keeps nudging me, dropping the ball in my lap and running off. Wouldn’t mind but I’ve played with him for ages just leave me alone now man 😅

• Haha
  • Heart
We've done some Xmas shopping in town. It is wet and miserable here and it was heaving in town so we literally dragged MiniGlenCoco round 🙈 then we went for a nice but slightly disappointing lunch. I went a few weeks ago and it was amazing but we went today and even though I ordered the same thing it wasn't as good 😔 seeing a friend later for a few drinks and I'm super excited about it 🥂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.