Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
@watermelon sugar You are not a tit mum. Easy to question yourself as there’s such a transition at his age from baby to toddler. It can be overwhelming. Some babies sleep, some don’t. I can guarantee you that you’ll be dragging him out of bed when he’s a teenager!! Hang in there, you are doing brilliant 💕💕💕

@Peaches_xox To quote Nan from Catherine Tate ‘what a f#cking liberty’. The cheek on some people. Good for you!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I completely forgot that I have a work night out for Christmas tomorrow - I don't feel physically or mentally up to it but will have to go as it's such a small team :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So, i have just discovered that the ruin i can see from my side door window is actually a miniature castle! It was built by a soldier who inspired a Shakespeare character..

CASTLE 1 - HISTORIC ENGLAND.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Decided to go to the craft store after work, I'm not in the festive mood but maybe I can drown my sorrows in some new DMC threads. I really want yo get back to embroidery, it kept my hands busy and my mind distracted. I still have a cute few patterns that I can finish. Hopefully my unnecessary purchases will inspire me enough.

Irrelevant edit: Listening to his christmas songs this afternoon and will there ever be a voice smoother than Dean Martin's ✨ *swoon*

• Heart
Update - I cancelled. I've been so up-and-down with my asthma that I don't feel safe picking up another bug in the city centre and putting myself out of commission again. Plus I'm allergic to all the food there, which I honestly don't mind, but the 'oh no, it's fine, I don't mind' conversation is always hard. Plus my mood is just settling down so I'd be on edge being social. Plus cramps. Plus I'd need to buy a new outfit as my smart clothes don't fit.

All in all it makes sense to cancel but I'm feeling pretty down about it, especially as I've been isolated WFH with everyone in the office but needs must. I really can't risk getting ill again.

• Heart
I put a curry in the slow cooker about half 10 and I’ve just walked in and realised I hadn’t turned it on 😑 is it ruined??

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Hey all 👋

I’m with you in wanting this week to end. It’s unbearably slow. If we are being completely honest, I need this year to end. I’m over it. So tired. I’m also about to get my period so all I want is eat my weight in junk food.

@watermelon sugar Don’t blame yourself, I’m sure you are a great mum. My niece was a horrible sleeper at this age but now you just can’t get her out of her bed. Just a phase, I think

• Heart
I think it'll be fine @watermelon sugar

God I'm a right mardy arse this week. I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm really snappy. I need to wear a sign that says "approach with caution" I think. A bit like them signs people have on their front door if they've got a snappy dog.

1639052547739.png

• Heart
Something in the air this week. Im tired and snappy with everyone.

we’ve been told not to come into the office again until govt guidance changes and our xmas dos are cancelled not that I’m that bothered really.

I want to get back into bed. Only 2 more hours of work left to do today though hooray.

the Amazon delivery man had a little flirt on the doorstep with me earlier haha I couldn’t look more rough if I tried today - slippers, xmas jumper, scarf and greasy hair 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Waiting to see if our Christmas do next Friday will be cancelled. Will be a bit annoyed if it is, £40 down the drain because we won't get the money back. When you work for the NHS it makes it especially galling knowing that there's a lot of people out there who've been far less careful and considerate of the rules (including our bloody PM!) than any of us have.

• Heart
  • Sad
I am giddy with excitement, I fed myself 8 Wotsits using the robotic arm!!

I will come back and catch up properly after physio.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Jesus, today IS going slow. I've had same person phone me 3 times. THREE!! I'm not answering the next call I've made a mental note of the number 😂

• Heart
I am giddy with excitement, I fed myself 8 Wotsits using the robotic arm!!

I will come back and catch up properly after physio.
Yesssss. Enjoy your physio!

I'm debating whether to buy more dahlia bulbs for next year. On the one hand, they are absolutely gorgeous and will enhance my life by 5000% percent (this I am sure) and are pre-orders for spring so I'll have a nice surprise in February when they arrive, by which time they'll be sold out, on the other I don't really need them as I don't have enough room for all the dahlia bulbs I currently have.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Hooray @ordinaryjelly !

Half the office is WFH again starting on Monday - the other half can't do their jobs from home so are staying in the office. It's a shame but at least I'll feel less out-of-the-loop because people will stop forgetting to tell me stuff they talked about in person 🤣 I've also agreed to go out with a couple of people from work to a board game café next week so I'm a bit happier about not going out tomorrow.

I think we're certainly heading for a lockdown, starting between Christmas and NYD.

• Heart
I’m standing in next trying to pick up a collection and they’re telling me I already collected it and I didn’t. I collected 1 parcel but there was 2 and the lady never gave me it. They are incompetent in here.

We’ve also had an email about the office but I haven’t even read it properly as I had no intention of doing in this side of Christmas anyway 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Just had a McDonald's festive stack and fries and all I feel like doing now is having a lay down but I've got a work video call at 2pm 😩 Today is dragging, I can't wait for 5pm.

@watermelon sugar - omg I'm sure you're a great mum!!! How is the leak situation??

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.