Chit chat #12

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So the baby is saying blueberries sounds like boobies

saying sleep but it sounds like tit

and now he’s saying bricks but it sounds like witch

so my toddler is roaming round shouting boobies, witch and tit basically 🤣 swear I’ve taught him the proper words not to be rude 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Omg I can’t keep up 🤣🙈 looks like I’m the only one who loves the Heroes tub, Twirls are life *FACTS*

I've never had a real tree because I always think what if it dies before Christmas day and you end up with a sparse tree with baubles hanging on it. :ROFLMAO:
Ditto!! Also the needles will drive me crackers 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve just had a Carvery. I know im normally a hater of roasts but I actually really enjoyed it. 😱I’m now going home to have a hot bath then I Intend to do nothing except lay on the sofa under a blanket

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I've had the loveliest day with MiniGlenCoco but she is having an issue with not eating much for mealtimes at home. She will eat pretty much anything they feed her at nursery but at home she won't touch them at all. I've spent the last hour and a bit making something for her (that I know she eats at nursery) and she won't even try it. I have tried everything and now I just feel really crappy and like a crap mum coz I can't get my child to eat. I've just had enough.

• Sad
I've had the loveliest day with MiniGlenCoco but she is having an issue with not eating much for mealtimes at home. She will eat pretty much anything they feed her at nursery but at home she won't touch them at all. I've spent the last hour and a bit making something for her (that I know she eats at nursery) and she won't even try it. I have tried everything and now I just feel really crappy and like a crap mum coz I can't get my child to eat. I've just had enough.
you are definitely not a crap mum! Don’t feellike that! The fact you’re even going out your way to make something specific for her, and you care so much shows you’re a fab mumma! Hopefully it’s just a phase and she’ll snap out of it soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had my spanakopita for dinner and it was *chef’s kiss*

Feels really good to have a proper dinner for ones, main, salad and afters 😊 Now I’m intending to do nothing and just chill. Might paint my nails but that’s it

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@GlennCoco My child is fully grown (debatable) but from what I remember, kids of that age can be very unpredictable...their favorite things can change on a day to day basis so don't be too hard on yourself!

• Heart
Reactions: 4
You aren't a crap mum. My children are a bit older now and it's a wonder they survived toddlerhood/younger years with their fickle (my phone put fucked here first which also works) eating habits. There is nothing worse than being told they ate all their cottage pie at nursery only for the little pests to turn their noses up at the very same at home. She will eat when she is hungry, and you will let her! Not a crap mum.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
@GlennCoco my son is going through a not eating phase feels like it’s gone on forever!! You’re not a bad Mum it shows how good you are just by worrying and trying different things. What I do is I just distract him with EVERYTHING. I sing to him while he’s eating, let him watch tele, put a book in front of him and the CBeebies app and just let him play and for a bit he’ll nibble by himself and I end up always feeding him but he’s so distracted by everything he ends up eating. Sometimes he just eats but most the time I have to do that, I’m sure she’ll snap out of it though 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I just went through and corrected all the typos on my last post about children reading. You lot are so clever to decipher what I say. I use this swipe keyboard and it is so helpful but so easy to get so wrong. Sorry. I'm not an illiterate fool really.

Children reading indeed, children eating was what I meant.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Thank you you lovely lot. I had a fruustrated cry and I've pulled myself together. Hoping this phase finishes soon 😫

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Accidentally fell asleep - to catch up...

I don't think I ever had a nativity play, even though I was at a CoE school - but there was only 7 of us (including me) in our year group so maybe we didn't have enough people to put on a play.

I did have a play about the solar system in middle school - I remember every single word about the planets to this day - then a couple of days before they told us we weren't allowed to sing it and we just had to stand there in the background while the other half of the class got to sing it. I'm not bitter...but I was then!

I can sing but I can't play the recorder. I once got kicked out of music class for humming instead with the recorder in my mouth - somehow I thought they wouldn't realise 🤦‍♀️

You're not a tit mum @GlennCoco - as the others said, if you were a tit mum then you wouldn't care.

Sending a hug to everyone who feels down and past it tonight. It's a rough time of year for so many reasons but don't ever feel like you're bringing the thread down, we're here for the good times and the bad times.

This thread is basically The Golden Girls in thread form.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
As others have said @GlennCoco fussy eating is one of those pesky phases. My 6yo still turns his nose up at one thing that he ate loads of the week before it’s despairing at times. The fact you care shows you are a great mum ❤

• Heart
Anyone tired of life or is it just me? I can't be arsed anymore.
I’m feeling the same. It’s a difficult place to be.

I hate that I’m tired, I go to bed but then I suddenly get a random pang of anxiety. Then I can’t drift off and it just makes me feel even worse.

• Heart
I’m a fussy eater. Unless it’s a mash potato sarnie, cake or chocolate I dont wanna know

• Haha
Anyone tired of life or is it just me? I can't be arsed anymore.
Yes me. Sending huge hugs. This phase will pass we can all ride it out together 😘😘

The Mr got in from work and i headed straight upstairs and had the longest bath ever. Successfully hid myself upstairs until the kids bedtime came downstairs and every room looks like a bomb has gone off. Literally mess everywhere.

Think I'm just going to turn around and go to bed.....

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.