Chit chat #11

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m so glad today is over. You know when your tights don’t line up with your toes properly and the seam ends up wonky/under your toes? I’ve had that ALL DAY 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Surely it’s not normal for a 26 year old to be this tired all the time! I could just go to sleep now 😴

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m a bit annoyed. My mil keeps robbing my present ideas for the baby for xmas

so I wanted to get him a toy trolley and food cos he loves pushing stuff & putting food in the fridge 😂 been saying it for months I wanna get it - she went and ordered it

she overheard me and my fella saying we should get him a toy dog you can walk. She just rang saying ‘I’ve ordered him a toy dog you can walk’

and I said I wanted to get him some personalised Thomas pjs… she went and ordered some

and she said she’s gonna order bits for the kitchen like the pots n pans,get him a tea set etc. I had to say no cos I was gonna get them 🥲

like fair enough buy stuff for your grandson but get your own ideas !? Not when she’s heard me saying I was planning on getting them? Or am I over reacting lol

• Wow
  • Sad
  • Angry
@watermelon sugar bloody hell how much does she want to buy?! I’d be really peeved if someone was stealing all my present ideas.
could you tell her the baby wants a sims 4 expansion pack?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
@watermelon sugar the fact that she’s taking ALL your ideas is a pisstake. Usually when my mum asks I say well this is what I’m gonna get and she’ll pick one thing from there and it helps me out. I’d be furious if she got the whole list cos then I’ve gotta come up with new ideas!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Good news baby watermelon wants a playdate with Jack Grealish and all the fondant fancies then.

Your mil is a plonker. I know it matters to you but baby watermelon is too wee to know who got what.

• Heart
  • Haha
that’s what I thought lol but basically she’s won money on the lottery or something like that so she’s a pure 💰 💰 but the first year of his life she got him nothing. Like we didn’t get a present when he was born, she’s never bought him any little odd bits here n there. She got him presents last xmas but they were a bit rubbish (they were all over for 3+ when he was only 11 months). Dunno if she’s trying to over compensate but don’t rob my ideas!!
If she was poor when your boyfriend was growing up then it's quite possible she's overcompensating with mini now that she can afford it.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
If she was poor when your boyfriend was growing up then it's quite possible she's overcompensating with mini now that she can afford it.
im not saying she shouldn’t do that though. I was poor growing up I get that. But I’m annoyed she’s robbing all my ideas

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@watermelon sugar wow I wonder why she’s suddenly decided to contribute now. It’s frustrating because it would probably be more helpful if she chipped in with bits and pieces he needs during the year, like new clothes and stuff, rather than going OTT at Christmas when he’s already going to get lots of presents.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
im not saying she shouldn’t do that though. I was poor growing up I get that. But I’m annoyed she’s robbing all my ideas
Oh you're understandably upset, completely.

I wonder if you could phrase it to her that you only want to get him X number of presents so that he doesn't get overwhelmed / doesn't get bored / gets to enjoy each of them fully... then she (hopefully) doesn't take any more of your ideas... and you can always sneak him more gifts when she's not looking.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
@watermelon sugar wow I wonder why she’s suddenly decided to contribute now. It’s frustrating because it would probably be more helpful if she chipped in with bits and pieces he needs during the year, like new clothes and stuff, rather than going OTT at Christmas when he’s already going to get lots of presents.
yeah! I think that’s what is annoying me too like she never helps with bits and pieces even now she’s got the money. Like she’s never just got him a new outfit or bought stuff he needs. I know he is too small to know who’s buying what but it’s more she’s robbed all my ideas and idk what else to get him that he’ll like 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 4
yeah! I think that’s what is annoying me too like she never helps with bits and pieces even now she’s got the money. Like she’s never just got him a new outfit or bought stuff he needs. I know he is too small to know who’s buying what but it’s more she’s robbed all my ideas and idk what else to get him that he’ll like 😅
I would honestly just really limit what you tell her from now on. It sounds like she could do with a little selective information loading.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
@Meangirl815 Thinkingof you, relationships are hard work and it’s miserable if things are difficult at home. Sending you big hugs 💕💕 If it’s any consolation we hit a very rocky patch here and had decided to separate. My husband is patient but couldn’t understand the stress of the menopause and MH issues and I was in a very bad place. Things worked themselves out, granted with a lot of patience and time. Take the Christmas period to think about things and come up with 2 plans. 1 for if you do separate and 1 for if you don’t xxxxxx

• Heart
Morning ❤
I can’t sleep, I’ve got really bad cramps in my belly and I feel rubbish 😔
Hope everyone has a good day x

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I too feel rubbish. It’s afternoon and I’m still in my pyjamas in bed. Just no energy or enthusiasm
Hope you feel better soon @WilmaHun

• Heart
  • Sad
I want to kick your MIL in the back @watermelon sugar she really thinks there are no boundaries when it comes to your son damn. I agree with @WeepingCassandra limit what you say to her/around her. I know it doesn't matter and baby won't really know who got the gifts but sounds like she's trying to win some kind of 'best present' prize from a toddler and to me that makes her a crazy person 😅 The whole thing doesn't sit well with me after her attitude of 'he is my son's son' wtf is that..

Good morning gang, I slept for 11 hours. Went to bed in an awful mood, didn't wake up in a much better mood either. I'll make a good breakfast, do duck all today and go to the concert in the evening. I've ordered a bunch of boxes and stuff fron Ikea and when they arrive, it's sorting out bedroom time. Until then, this person shall remain a potato.

• Heart
My mother used to do the same @watermelon sugar so I feel for you. Christmas is such a precious time for little ones and playing Santa is special. My mother used to go all iffy about it until my brother made a rule for his family that only 3 gifts were allowed and we followed. It wasn’t about being ungrateful, more about creating boundaries

• Heart
Thanks for understanding guys I felt like I was over reacting a bit 💕 it’s not that I’ve told her loads it’s only drips and drabs, like she was in the kitchen in her house and me and my fella were in a seperate room when we were discussing the dog 😅 and she came in like ‘oh you’re gonna get him a toy dog?’ Then went and ordered one! I know he’s only 2 and ‘won’t know who’s give him what’ but that’s not the point lol 😆 thanks anyway everyone 💕

I’ve woken up with a bit of a sore throat 😑 only just got rid of the last one 😩

hope you all have a good Saturday! Anyone got anything nice planned??

• Heart
Morning everyone.

Absolutely miserable here - I was up until the wee hours worrying about my parents and I just can't do this anymore. I'm going to offer to meet them outside of their house instead (in town) but I'm expecting it to be a big falling out later when I say that :(

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Not got a whole lot planned over here. Weather is a bit naff and we need to do the food shopping but I feel in a really good mood today which makes a change recently 🙈

Hope today goes as well as it can do @GladiatorReady 💜

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.