Childfree by choice #7 Parents: not everything is about you

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know someone with kids who insists on posting on social media about the amazing vessel that has allowed her to produce a child. How amazing her body is that she created this creature.

I do wonder if they've ever achieved anything difficult in life that they can be proud of...

giving birth SURELY is like being proud of a particularly large bowel movement? Behold my creation! 😂

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 14
Happy Weekend all! Just cracked open a beer and the only thing I need to worry about is what takeaway we want to order later - bliss!

• Heart
Meeting a friend in the city for dinner and drinks tonight! Otherwise a quiet one catching up on housework etc. another F1 fan here so will settle in for the race tomorrow 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Two of my friends who have young children have got together tonight to have a sleepover including their kids. They keep sending 'cute' photos and videos to the group chat and bloody hell it looks awful. 😂

Meanwhile I'm posting this while waiting for my husband to come back from the bar with our second cocktail of the evening. ☺

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Been to Buxton for the day today. Had a mooch around, coffees, lunch and some lovely alcoholic drinks. Husband has now gone to meet some friends and I’m on here considering having another lovely alcoholic drink and wondering what film to watch. Tomorrow will be somewhere for coffee, a lovely walk around the park and a Chinese takeaway in the evening. Quiet, happy and most importantly, childfree 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm in bed today as I've been off sick with a trapped nerve for a few weeks now.

Luckily, I don't have children so I can just lie here, on some very good drugs, recovering without anyone else to look after. 👍

• Heart
Looked round some garden centres and some fancy shops bought everything I liked and don't feel guilty...meanwhile my friends at her caravan with the kids spending a small fortune on winning plastic crap from game machines wouldn't switch at all

Reactions: 13
I went to the gym then played the piano for a bit then read a new book. Now getting steadily more drunk on Prosecco watching the darts. Utter bliss

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I’ve had a bit of a sad week but I feel a bit better today so I’ve had cake for breakfast, laid in bed til 2pm as a treat and blasted my fav metalcore playlist whilst I finally tidied up my house. The music was also to remind my noisy neighbours that I live here too because I’m petty and they’re annoying 🙃

and now I’m getting drunk on some wine that was at the back of the cupboard (it’s actually fine idk why I was avoiding it) and watching the football 😅

• Heart
Reactions: 15
We've just moved house so my weekend has been spent building flat pack furniture... So glad I haven't got kids under my feet needing stuff as I've literally never stopped. Unfortunately we have no curtains yet so I'm waking up at the crack of dawn every day which coupled with late nights means I'm knackered. Obviously not as knackered as parents though, they have the monopoly on tiredness 🤣

• Haha
We've just moved house so my weekend has been spent building flat pack furniture... So glad I haven't got kids under my feet needing stuff as I've literally never stopped. Unfortunately we have no curtains yet so I'm waking up at the crack of dawn every day which coupled with late nights means I'm knackered. Obviously not as knackered as parents though, they have the monopoly on tiredness 🤣
Get the black sleep mask infused with lavender from Primark £4. I can't sleep without it now. 😄

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Get the black sleep mask infused with lavender from Primark £4. I can't sleep without it now. 😄
I might get a mask, I think that would help but I couldn't do a lavender one... I stayed in an Airbnb once and the pillows had been infused with lavender, which were so overpowering I ended up going to tesco at midnight to buy new ones! I had to leave the old ones in the garden for the rest of the week 🤣 I can't bear the smell anymore🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I might get a mask, I think that would help but I couldn't do a lavender one... I stayed in an Airbnb once and the pillows had been infused with lavender, which were so overpowering I ended up going to tesco at midnight to buy new ones! I had to leave the old ones in the garden for the rest of the week 🤣 I can't bear the smell anymore🤣
Boots 70% off sale in store had some lovely ones (I got about 4 for Xmas presents) 😆

Was mooching around a charity shop yesterday buying more books I already don’t have room for. They had a toy section where these two parents were treating it like some sort of play zone, letting their kid just scatter toys all over the floor.

Then they decided to leave without tidying up or even buying anything. But worst thing was the kid’s reaction, he started to properly scream, absolutely bawling his eyes out from being taken away from the toys.

He was so loud I could still hear him halfway up the road after they left. I don’t know was worse, the head parents for not tidying up or the complete hysteria of their kid.

• Wow
Was mooching around a charity shop yesterday buying more books I already don’t have room for. They had a toy section where these two parents were treating it like some sort of play zone, letting their kid just scatter toys all over the floor.

Then they decided to leave without tidying up or even buying anything. But worst thing was the kid’s reaction, he started to properly scream, absolutely bawling his eyes out from being taken away from the toys.

He was so loud I could still hear him halfway up the road after they left. I don’t know was worse, the head parents for not tidying up or the complete hysteria of their kid.
The scream of children is something that really gets me. My husband thinks im being ridiculous but I have really sensitive ears so as soon as that starts im like ffs give it a rest!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
As I was reading this thread a parent just walked past my house with a toddler who was in one of those push along bikes and it was just crying constantly. So happy not to be having to walk a crying child at 8am and get back into my cosy bed 🥰

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.