Childfree by choice #6 Sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I had a child free wedding and I didn’t give two hoots what parents thought. I am friends with you not your kid, I’m pretty vocal about my feelings towards kids as well so I think that helps.

I think it’s pretty pathetic if you’re offended if your kid doesn’t get an invite.

Reactions: 23
My sister in law recently had a baby. I’m really happy for her and he is super cute but when she sends pictures of him in the family group chat she speaks as the baby 😵 it really annoys me when people do that 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 21
I had a child free wedding and I didn’t give two hoots what parents thought. I am friends with you not your kid, I’m pretty vocal about my feelings towards kids as well so I think that helps.

I think it’s pretty pathetic if you’re offended if your kid doesn’t get an invite.
i think it depends on the relationship. if it’s just extended family or a work colleague then yeah that’s a bit pathetic.
i can sort of understand why siblings would be upset that their siblings didn’t want their niece and nephew there.

Our wedding was childfree (I blamed the venue on being a 1000 year old castle so far too dangerous for kids 🤣) and it was bliss, we only had one person who could t come as they had to look after their kid but full attendance other than that.
You only get one day so be selfish and make it about what you want!

Reactions: 9
My sister in law recently had a baby. I’m really happy for her and he is super cute but when she sends pictures of him in the family group chat she speaks as the baby 😵 it really annoys me when people do that 🤣🤣
omg a friend of mine does this! i never know how to respond - when her son was born i sent a little parcel and she texted me a photo of him with something like “thank you auntie lablonde! i cannot wait to use my gifts!!” and then i was like okay am i now replying as if i’m replying to the baby?!! don’t involve me in this!

she also has an instagram for him where she writes the captions as if he’s writing them and, again, i never know how to engage with it 🤣

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Totally agree, this is also one of the other reasons I'm relieved not to have children. I'd be anxious about having a son and ensuring he'd not fall foul of these awful influential men. I'd be terrified if I had a daughter.

I was lucky that I married a man who doesn't see me as a housekeeper, but I know so many 'modern men' who reveal their 1950s father archetype - and it's not until after the children arrive that this manifests.
i have a couple of friends who work, and their husbands work… but because they pay the rent they don’t do ANY housework. None, nothing. Don’t cook….
Every weekend the woman are doing stuff with the kids… and during the week cleaning cooking working kids stuff…the husbands do nothing as they don’t feel they should

🙃

Our wedding was childfree (I blamed the venue on being a 1000 year old castle so far too dangerous for kids 🤣) and it was bliss, we only had one person who could t come as they had to look after their kid but full attendance other than that.
You only get one day so be selfish and make it about what you want!
someone actually suggested to me that I get a bouncy castle for the kids at my wedding …. So they don’t get bored

• Wow
Reactions: 7
i think it depends on the relationship. if it’s just extended family or a work colleague then yeah that’s a bit pathetic.
i can sort of understand why siblings would be upset that their siblings didn’t want their niece and nephew there.
I didn't have my nephews at mine.

It was a weekday so 2 of them were at school anyway and the other was 18 months old and we just didn't want him there 🤣

His mum (my SIL) at first said what am I meant to do with him and I said leave him with your mum (who looks after him 3 days a week anyway) she said OK and that was that!

If she had said she wouldn't come because of it I would have said fine. I doubt Mr HoGi's brother would have missed the wedding because his kid couldn't come, he regularly goes on holiday and leaves his wife at home with the kids!

someone actually suggested to me that I get a bouncy castle for the kids at my wedding …. So they don’t get bored
A friend of a friend got married last year and the venue had a policy if there are more than 10 kids there has to be a children's Entertainer during dinner!! I couldn't think of anything worse during a wedding.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
i have a couple of friends who work, and their husbands work… but because they pay the rent they don’t do ANY housework. None, nothing. Don’t cook….
Every weekend the woman are doing stuff with the kids… and during the week cleaning cooking working kids stuff…the husbands do nothing as they don’t feel they should

🙃

We were going to have a bouncy castle at our wedding but then decided that a load of adults plus a free bar would probably have resulted in some injuries

• Haha
Reactions: 8

It was a weekday so 2 of them were at school anyway and the other was 18 months old and we just didn't want him there 🤣

His mum (my SIL) at first said what am I meant to do with him and I said leave him with your mum (who looks after him 3 days a week anyway) she said OK and that was that!

If she had said she wouldn't come because of it I would have said fine. I doubt Mr HoGi's brother would have missed the wedding because his kid couldn't come, he regularly goes on holiday and leaves his wife at home with the kids!

A friend of a friend got married last year and the venue had a policy if there are more than 10 kids there has to be a children's Entertainer during dinner!! I couldn't think of anything worse during a wedding.
Tbf I wouldn’t have my niece and nephew there either (not bio though just my best friends kids) but I could see why someone would be upset. I think my friend (who is like a sister to me; hence why I call her kids my niece and nephew and spoil them as such) would probably be a bit upset if I said I didn’t want them there but she’d get over it and respect the decision. I don’t begrudge her that either.
i wouldn’t be pissed off if my kids weren’t invited and I also wouldn’t care if people were upset I hadn’t invited their kids but, in the spirit of fairness, could see why someone would be.

Happy new year everyone! We enjoyed a peaceful and relaxed Christmas, sans children.

I did have to facetime with my SIL and her toddler; my MIL kept putting the phone in my face to put me in shot, which was awkward. We get on, but we're not at all close. The kid is 3 and unsurprisingly not interested in an unfamiliar face. (He was in fact, begging for the single chocolate coin he was allowed that day).

Reactions: 4
Perhaps, we are both only children so I can’t really comment but I think I would have still stuck for no kids.

Saw this and thought of you fellow child free guys

Screenshot_20230101_130319_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

I think I've mentioned this before but the worst wedding I ever went to was full of kids and the disco was exclusively kids party dances and games from 1.30pm until 9pm. The food was pulled pork for the adults (no veggie option apart from one quiche for the bride's gran) which I don't like so I had to eat wotsits and party rings from the kids table 🤣 The bride and groom are childfree by choice so I was surprised they had a child friendly wedding.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I am so fed up with the constant posts of ‘a very different NYE this year, we wouldn’t have it any other way’, ‘you never know how special these moments are until you have little ones to share it with’ and ‘our lives would be so boring without children!’

speak for yourselves!!!! I got smashed and I’m still hungover, I wouldn’t have it any other way 😌

then people complain that they’re only seen as one dimensional parents… probably because you talk about nothing else???!!!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
Out of interest, are you married?
I may not be married but I don’t think it invalidates my opinion. Most people on here don’t have children, yet cast their opinion on why being child free is their preference. Same concept when it comes to casting on my opinion on wedding with / without children even if I’m not married myself. I don’t think experiencing something first hand is a pre-requisite, otherwise no one would have an opinion on anything ever.

Reactions: 3
I am so fed up with the constant posts of ‘a very different NYE this year, we wouldn’t have it any other way’, ‘you never know how special these moments are until you have little ones to share it with’ and ‘our lives would be so boring without children!’

speak for yourselves!!!! I got smashed and I’m still hungover, I wouldn’t have it any other way 😌

then people complain that they’re only seen as one dimensional parents… probably because you talk about nothing else???!!!
Sounds like they’re trying to convince myself. I had an amazing NYE, I couldn’t have planned it any better, it was the best one I’ve had so far. And I didn’t write about it on social media or tell anyone in a way that suggested they had a lesser NYE or were missing out on anything, because I don’t believe they did. It was perfect for me, it’s other peoples idea of HELL 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 11
I was looking at all the houses my parents used to live in on Street View with them, and when we got to the one we lived in when I was born my dad started reminiscing about how scared he was when he walked through the door holding me and realised they had to now look after a baby. All very sweet and whatnot.

Then he felt the need to tell me about how they leave a bit of the umbilical cord just chilling there and it’s supposed to fall off but mine was clinging on for dear life by a vein and it started to rot and every time they changed my nappy it stank. No thank you. That is not the life for me. I like my humans not decaying. Fair play to them though, I’d have left me on the steps of the nearest church if I were them.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Being ill the last few days continues to reaffirm my childfree decision. I've honestly felt horrific (and wanted my Mum but alas shes not here anymore) but even just getting up for the cat was horrific and took every inch of energy I had, let alone a child!

I remember when I was younger (maybe like 7/8) my Mum had Pneumonia, I didn't know then of course but she took me and my friend to Thorpe Park still for my birthday. Absolutely F that 🤣🙈 I don't know how she did it tbh and I felt guilt as an adult when I realised this but just no chance!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.