Childfree by choice #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My cousin almost died giving birth and said that she would never do it again.

It breaks my heart because she always wanted 3 children. I can't imagine the guilt she must feel 😔

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Childfree by choice #6 sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

or

Childfree by choice #6 happily childfree, spending my money on me

or

Childfree by choice #6 living my childfree life while complaints from parents are rife

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Childfree by choice #6 sleeping well at night, petition for childfree flights

or

Childfree by choice #6 happily childfree, spending my money on me

or

Childfree by choice #6 living my childfree life while complaints from parents are rife
i love all of these but i think the third one gets my vote 👏🏻👏🏻

Reactions: 4
Number 2 would piss the mothers from the discontent thread 💀

Let's go for it 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 19
#1 for me!

My SIL was like “I don’t want to scare myself with horror stories”, ended up with forceps and a tear. If you look up on the NHS page about forceps/ventouse, it says 1 in 3 first time mums will need it! One in THREE! Those odds are ridiculous, how would that be accepted for any other medical procedures? I think you should scare yourself with horror stories, surely it’s better to be prepared!

• Wow
Reactions: 9
My hairdresser was in slow labour for 7 days, slowly dilating and eventually when her waters broke they allowed her to come into hospital.
She then suffered a placental abruption, had a haemorrhage and had to be rushed down for a cat 1 section where she was put to sleep. She suffered massive blood loss and her and the baby almost died, but luckily didn’t.

People don’t realise how quickly childbirth can go wrong. I think it’s like a lot of things with children, people are blissfully unaware. I used to work in a nursery and I’ve seen first hand how awful it can be being a parent, no thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: 16
My hairdresser was in slow labour for 7 days, slowly dilating and eventually when her waters broke they allowed her to come into hospital.
She then suffered a placental abruption, had a haemorrhage and had to be rushed down for a cat 1 section where she was put to sleep. She suffered massive blood loss and her and the baby almost died, but luckily didn’t.

People don’t realise how quickly childbirth can go wrong. I think it’s like a lot of things with children, people are blissfully unaware. I used to work in a nursery and I’ve seen first hand how awful it can be being a parent, no thanks.
Not trying to incite debates on abortion or anything but saw an anti abortion protester state that, in a case where like a child (so a teen girl) has been sexually assaulted and left pregnant, she should continue with the pregnancy as the termination would leave her with more trauma. I couldn't believe it. I feel like some people don't realise what can and does go wrong in pregnancy and childbirth and how traumatic it can be.

Again, not saying an abortion can't be traumatic but to try and state that pregnancy and childbirth as the better alternative as though it is devoid of trauma is just naive.

Reactions: 15
Daughter of a woman who was raped and had no right to abort here 🤚

My mother is well into her 60s but the effects of this forced pregnancy are still present.

She is extremely wary of men, when faced with violence her voice turns into the one of a child, she is terrified of men who raise their voices and she is extra kind when she feels threatened because she is scared of being beaten or worse...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.