Childfree by Choice #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hahaha I get it, I used to babysit and most of the time I couldn't stand the kids. I only like calm really well behaved ones - though I don't want the responsibility of raising them.
I work with kids but I have to say I don't enjoy it for the most part. I like the quiet, well behaved ones but the majority of them are really hard work, and it's just not fun!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Does it count that I have a 2 year old little girl but other than my own child ( she’s soo chill and a happy child) I cannot stand any other children 😖

Reactions: 5
Does it count that I have a 2 year old little girl but other than my own child ( she’s soo chill and a happy child) I cannot stand any other children 😖
If I was a parent that is how I'd be 😀. I have a friend with a child similar description to yours and she can't stand other kids 😂

Reactions: 2
Saw on FB...the comments are in uproar
People that share those kind of memes are clearly lacking a lot of perspective and general awareness. Not everyone wants to have kids. Sometimes I think they share those kind of memes to make themselves feel better about their own choices. Otherwise, why feel the need to justify it to the world

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I completely get that love for a child is completely different to other forms of love but it doesn’t mean that you don’t know love of you don’t have a child.

Reactions: 12
Also that quotes and quotes of that nature are always specifically referring to babies. Does this magical love that no one else can possibly ever feel end at 18 months? Describing that relationship in those terms is so reductive.

Reactions: 11
Also that quotes and quotes of that nature are always specifically referring to babies. Does this magical love that no one else can possibly ever feel end at 18 months? Describing that relationship in those terms is so reductive.
exactly! what happens when you’re not “powdering a little booty” anymore? romanticising and focusing on the baby stage constantly just doesn’t help - it’s like so many people forgot that the baby becomes a toddler and becomes a child into a teenager.

Reactions: 10
all of it is making my eyelid twitch but “powdered a little booty” is making me want to throw my phone out of the nearest window.
I see booty as a term you’d use about a bottom you find attractive, it is most certainly NOT a term I’d use for a child

Reactions: 6
Everyone who has ever tried to sell the joys of children to me always goes in with the babies. Not children or teens.

A lot of parents seem to like the baby part as it's easy in terms of there's lots of must dos and do nots and formulaic in many aspects. Where lots of parents fail spectacularly is when the kid gets older and actually needs disciplined and emotional development.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.