Childfree by Choice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I agree haha. She definitely needs better arm holes at least

Is this a joke? Genuine question.
Yes haha. I think that children should actually be treated with the same respect, dignity, and autonomy that we give to adults. See Emmi Pikler’s child rearing methods.

Reactions: 4
The first of my family Christmas events tonight (divorced parents etc etc) I’ve been asked 3 times ‘when’ I’m going to get pregnant 🤨 and not that it should matter but this year we moved, buying a property that cost double our previous one, and we’re getting married next year? As if we could even afford a baby right now 😂

Reactions: 8
My biological clock kicks in all the time. I love babies, and I get along well with my friends and relatives’ various kids. I just know that for many reasons there is no way I‘d be able to cope with being a mum, and so it wouldn’t be fair on the child.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My biological clock kicks in all the time. I love babies, and I get along well with my friends and relatives’ various kids. I just know that for many reasons there is no way I‘d be able to cope with being a mum, and so it wouldn’t be fair on the child.
Same. My mood fluctuates with my cycle, I get migraines from time to time, and forget about menopause. My mom was certifiable when she hit a certain age.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
When I see a baby, I just feel nothing lol
#deadinside

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
A nice little thing …
My in-laws never mention our decision not to have children which I appreciate. Tonight my husband sent me a video clip of his mum studying photos of our pet rabbits, alpacas and cats, and writing down their names and distinguishing features in her notebook so she remembers who is who 😊 … I love that she sees the animals like grandkids and accepts our life as it is. She has two real grandchildren too but I think secretly she knows alpacas are far superior to children 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
  • Heart
A nice little thing …
My in-laws never mention our decision not to have children which I appreciate. Tonight my husband sent me a video clip of his mum studying photos of our pet rabbits, alpacas and cats, and writing down their names and distinguishing features in her notebook so she remembers who is who 😊 … I love that she sees the animals like grandkids and accepts our life as it is. She has two real grandchildren too but I think secretly she knows alpacas are far superior to children 😂😂😂
That is just too sweet for words! Literally taking notes 😍

Reactions: 8
A nice little thing …
This is everything. Also you have pet alpacas? That’s fantastic!

Colleague showing me her phone tonight:

“Come and have a look at this video…it’s just a dog one, honest, I know you don’t like kids”

My reputation must precede me, it seems!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
I keep seeing all these arguments about whether or not people should be actively trying for a baby during the pandemic and the argument always comes up "women have CLOCKS and WINDOWS, we can't wait forever!" Never been happier to not be having biological children, I do not want to have to be constantly fixated on that crap! (Not sure I'm technically child free any more as we now want to adopt an older child - at least pre-teen. But I 100% won't be having any babies)
Aw good for you! as much as i don't want kids of my own I do admire anyone who is brave enough to foster or adopt. Trying to give kids or pets a better or a second chance at life is the best thing. I really hope it goes well for you both as challenging as it may be x

• Heart
I have kids and dog videos / photos are much better than those of kids.

Gimme dog videos all day every day. My eldest asks me all the time who my favourite is and I always say the dog 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.