Childfree by Choice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
hahah - I have no clue! I just have flashbacks of waving arms, pink gin and "I'm a SKEEWWWLLL MUUUUMMMM" being screeched!
Sounds like they'd been on the Prosecco all afternoon in All Bar Hun and Slug & Lettuce. I bet they went back home to their all grey decorated home with mirrored ornaments and Live, Laugh, Love signs

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I deserve an award for managing to get through my work day having to listen to my manager go on-and-on about her two young children. I couldn't give a crap about what they eat at breakfast club, what time the get to school, how poorly they were the other night, how they wake her up early in the mornings blah blah blah.

What's even worse than listening to her boring stories is having to actually say hello to the kids when they appear on our Teams meetings saying "mummy, I want...." Instead of shooing them away, she sits them on her lap and makes them wave at the camera, which means I have wave and smile back, like a moron. I wonder if the kids and I are on the same page on this and they hate it too as they usually stare blankly/creepily at the screen like they've been possessed.

• Haha
@CheshireLove commiserations, today I had to sit through at least 15 minutes of parents talking about maternity and paternity leave policies and whether what the Scandinavian countries do is better/would work here...this was AFTER a Teams meeting had finished but as I was the only non parent I didn't want to look like a dick by leaving the meeting :oops:

Reactions: 6
I didn't even say whether I own or rent. Just commented on the prices in my area 🤣
Sorry all for de-railing & your houses all sound great! Financial restrictions are a massive factor in having children or not and how many. I certainly couldn’t afford more without it affecting our standard of living.

@CheshireLove commiserations, today I had to sit through at least 15 minutes of parents talking about maternity and paternity leave policies and whether what the Scandinavian countries do is better/would work here...this was AFTER a Teams meeting had finished but as I was the only non parent I didn't want to look like a dick by leaving the meeting :oops:
If I were you I’d of just left. They probably didn’t want to be rude or insensitive/discriminatory by saying ‘you can go as you don’t have children’

Reactions: 5
I had a bit of a shock today. Went to see the Nutcracker and of course it was kids left and right. The place must have been under a spell though because the kids were all well behaved, no running around or screaming, no pitching fits. Thank god no one brought babies. I went in expecting the worst but was pleasantly surprised. (This was in a large auditorium.) A bit of Christmas magic I guess lol.

Reactions: 7
I skimmed past all the house price chat, it's just very boring. Really, who cares. 😂

(And I'm a homeowner.)

Reactions: 11
Sorry but I feel like enough people on this thread have shared that part of the reason they don’t want children is due to financial precarity that this humblebragging about owning enormous homes in one’s twenties feels crass at best.

One of the freeing things for me about being child free is that I know I will never inflict the trauma I experienced through growing up in poverty on another life. I feel little pressure to own a home I won’t be able to afford anyway because I don’t need to pass it on to anyone.

I don’t want to sound bitter and I’m really happy for you all to be doing so well but really.
If this is aimed at me, I don't think you've read all of my responses. Yes people without children can be better off financially most of the time but it would be very difficult for me to persue my hobbies/renovate a house as quickly, live in the conditions I did if I had children as it wouldn't be particularly fair to them. I know people do it with kids but I wouldn't myself. It's more that I get to spend all of my spare income on whatever I want rather than on children.. I get to spend my spare time on what I want too which is more important to me. I just happen to have what some people would consider and expensive hobby.
Be bitter and envious, that's on you. We aren't all given a leg up in life and most of us do have to work hard for what we've got and I'd never apologise for working 55+ hours a week in my early 20s to get what I wanted because I didn't have any commitments.

And that is my last response to not having children because I am selfish with my money and time🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
Walking the dog earlier and could hear a kid screaming somewhere, walked round the corner and this family in front of me with this kid kicking off that he didn't want to go for a walk. Eurgh.

Walking the dog earlier and could hear a kid screaming somewhere, walked round the corner and this family in front of me with this kid kicking off that he didn't want to go for a walk. Eurgh.
Nothing shrivels my ovaries quicker than that sound 🤣🤣🤣

Went to a fantastic wedding a few weekends ago. Got nicely pissed with my husband and friends. Felt for the best man his wife was left holding their newborn pram...nappies....crap everywhere his wife sat at the same chair the whole day and didn't interact as it was all about the baby. Her friend sat there with her cooing over the baby whilst everyone else got tit faced.
I kept looking over thinking that is my idea of hell.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Went to a fantastic wedding a few weekends ago. Got nicely pissed with my husband and friends. Felt for the best man his wife was left holding their newborn pram...nappies....crap everywhere his wife sat at the same chair the whole day and didn't interact as it was all about the baby. Her friend sat there with her cooing over the baby whilst everyone else got tit faced.
I kept looking over thinking that is my idea of hell.
I actually said this to my partner at a wedding we were at too. Looking over watching the mum round the kids up and pack everything away as they weren’t staying for the evening party, couldn’t imagine anything worse!

Shortstaffed in work and a plea has gone out for those without kids to come in and cover.

How about duck off? Just because we don’t have kids doesn’t mean that we’ve not got plans for Christmas. How about call in the lazy bastards who are conveniently sick each Christmas? My answer is not going down well but truth hurts.

Unbelievable.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
My friend's husband is a police officer. They don't have kids. Guess who's on nights all over Christmas so that any of his colleagues with kids can "Be with their family". :rolleyes:
He's pissed off because it's what always happens. As he said, just because he doesn't have children doesn't mean he doesn't have a family. He'd like for once to be able to spend Christmas with his wife, parents, siblings etc.

Why are 'parents' always the first to be looked after and to hell with anyone else?

• Angry
Reactions: 23
Anyone ever had the thought to make up fictitious kids. Honestly it's gone through my mind to pretend my husband and I have kids purely to be treated equally at work.

Reactions: 10
My friend's husband is a police officer. They don't have kids. Guess who's on nights all over Christmas so that any of his colleagues with kids can "Be with their family". :rolleyes:
He's pissed off because it's what always happens. As he said, just because he doesn't have children doesn't mean he doesn't have a family. He'd like for once to be able to spend Christmas with his wife, parents, siblings etc.

Why are 'parents' always the first to be looked after and to hell with anyone else?
Also I'm not being funny but if the parents sign up to being a police officer they should expect that sometimes working nights at Christmas and other times comes with the territory. The entitlement of the general public really is something else

Reactions: 25
I keep seeing all these arguments about whether or not people should be actively trying for a baby during the pandemic and the argument always comes up "women have CLOCKS and WINDOWS, we can't wait forever!" Never been happier to not be having biological children, I do not want to have to be constantly fixated on that crap! (Not sure I'm technically child free any more as we now want to adopt an older child - at least pre-teen. But I 100% won't be having any babies)

Reactions: 8
Also I'm not being funny but if the parents sign up to being a police officer they should expect that sometimes working nights at Christmas and other times comes with the territory. The entitlement of the general public really is something else
That is terrible. Just because we are childfree does not mean that we are social pariahs. That said, even social pariah’s shouldn’t have to work every Christmas 🙈

Reactions: 8
I always remember when I was younger, my friends and I had a drive out to asda. We parked up in a normal space and when we came back, some woman was stood next to her car and started screaming at us… she was screaming at us because my friend had parked “too close” to her car and she had a baby with a car seat to get in the car…

For one, her windows were tinted, how were we meant to know she had a car seat and for two, why didn’t she park in parent and child? Why do people think the world revolves around them and their kids? 🤮

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.