Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
New stories about Munroe
I also hate that she sent the message to Munroe on the 1st June about the L'Oreal incident and then on the 3rd started spilling all her own issues on Munroe when clearly Munroe would still have been dealing with the L'Oreal shite at that time. In what world is it acceptable when you know your friend is going through something huge to dump all your own tit on her too? She could've at least left it a couple of weeks or until Munroe had reconciled everything with L'Oreal. Screams "you're my friend when it's convenient for me" energy. And posting private conversations is so gross and so violating for Munroe.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I think its telling that Munroe both wanted to move to a phone conversation "I think this is a phone call" and also later mentions talking in person. I think she doesn't trust her not to do exactly this - screenshot their conversations as "receipts" which turned out to be a good instinct. That doesn't really seem like friendship to me.

There's also a screenshot in there of a conversation between her and Florence where she's said she wants to do the messages over text "I would definitely prefer a text conversation please". She's been planning and keeping these messages just incase for a long time.

I also hate that she sent the message to Munroe on the 1st June about the L'Oreal incident and then on the 3rd started spilling all her own issues on Munroe when clearly Munroe would still have been dealing with the L'Oreal shite at that time. In what world is it acceptable when you know your friend is going through something huge to dump all your own tit on her too? She could've at least left it a couple of weeks or until Munroe had reconciled everything with L'Oreal. Screams "you're my friend when it's convenient for me" energy. And posting private conversations is so gross and so violating for Munroe.
Agree with all of this!

• Heart
Reactions: 13
To be fair to Munroe as well, we’ve all had that friend who’s been ranting to us about something and we don’t even agree with them but we are just like ‘yeah totally you’re so right’ just to make them feel better or cause they’d start arguing with you if you disagree 😂
which sounds like the sort of thing that SF may do if you disagree.

Reactions: 9
I think its telling that Munroe both wanted to move to a phone conversation "I think this is a phone call" and also later mentions talking in person. I think she doesn't trust her not to do exactly this - screenshot their conversations as "receipts" which turned out to be a good instinct. That doesn't really seem like friendship to me.

There's also a screenshot in there of a conversation between her and Florence where she's said she wants to do the messages over text "I would definitely prefer a text conversation please". She's been planning and keeping these messages just incase for a long time.

Agree with all of this!
Yeah she definitely plotted to keep the texts as 'evidence' but Florence asking for evidence isnt okay??

Reactions: 10
Aja has tweeted about another publisher who is Chidera’s publisher who she has failed to mention thus far. Bet they hoped they wouldn’t be mentioned.
Quadrille are going to serve crickets honestly. She's demonstrated way too well that she'd be a nightmare to work with.

Honestly this entire situation has taught me the power of delivery and evidence. She has skills in neither. Also the stories are straight up migraine-inducing

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Aja has tweeted about another publisher who is Chidera’s publisher who she has failed to mention thus far. Bet they hoped they wouldn’t be mentioned.
Wait what?! A publisher sent that message to someone? Does everyone who runs social media accounts act, behave and type like they’re aged 15?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
a published author just used Wikipedia to prove a point. Just when you this this can’t go any lower...

Wait what?! A publisher sent that message to someone? Does everyone who runs social media accounts act, behave and type like they’re aged 15?
No, I think it was just a random. Aja seems to just be saying that if it was plagiarism a publisher should be protecting their client.

Reactions: 8
Chidera claimed the other night that Florence disabled the message function on her insta when that isn't true.
She disabled the reply to story function probably to cut down on the amount of abuse she's receiving but if you click on her profile you can message her just fine if you wanted? Why has Chidera gotta lie all the damn time?

And claiming Munroe "gaslit" her but there is definitely more to the story after those June July messages. I want to see August or maybe, because Munroe is smart she decided phone calls with Chidera are the way forward in order to stop being misrepresented by her. People are allowed to change their minds about something when they get more information and that's not gaslighting ffs

• Heart
Reactions: 12
@Shopgal yeah that makes sense. If you claim plagiarism your publisher and your team would be working heavily behind the scenes with lawyers, independents etc. I couldn’t work out whether it was the publisher account or a random and at this point you just never know.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
a published author just used Wikipedia to prove a point. Just when you this this can’t go any lower...

No, I think it was just a random. Aja seems to just be saying that if it was plagiarism a publisher should be protecting their client.
They don't have to do it publicly on social media though. This isn't any of Aja's business,she's still stirring the pot I see. Why do people try to force others into doing things just because they think they should?

I don't want to see publishers taking to social media to talk about issues like this. Issues that should be dealt with privately, not smeared across social media like everyone's in high school.

Reactions: 6
I think the dm came from a random and then Aja pointed out that Chidera’s own publishers have kept schtum during this and is asking why they haven’t come forward to defend her .

They don't have to do it publicly on social media though. This isn't any of Aja's business,she's still stirring the pot I see. Why do people try to force others into doing things just because they think they should?

I don't want to see publishers taking to social media to talk about issues like this. Issues that should be dealt with privately, not smeared across social media like everyone's in high school.
I disagree that she is stirring the pot - I think it’s within her rights to bring it up if someone is sending crappy dm messages about the situation because she has discussed the impact it’s had on her and her friends personally. She is also pointing out that Chidera’s own publishers should be addressing the plagerism claims and yet they have failed to do this. Which then suggests there isn’t a plagerism claim to be had ( hence the silence ) . Also worth saying that they probably don’t want to be involved with this and I don’t blame them. I wouldn’t want to have to deal with Chidera’s bollocks either.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I think if I was in the same industry / well known on Instagram as these guys or even a brand I would absolutely not want to engage in any messages with CE for fear of anything being manipulated or shared! I feel like she’s unstoppable, this seems to be gaining more momentum then losing it!

Reactions: 10
I think if I was in the same industry / well known on Instagram as these guys or even a brand I would absolutely not want to engage in any messages with CE for fear of anything being manipulated or shared! I feel like she’s unstoppable, this seems to be gaining more momentum then losing it!
Same, it really is harassment. It genuinely seems like Chidera is unwell, and I am saying that objectively. To be up all hours of the night/morning, constantly posting 50 stories a day, getting into arguments with people that aren't even part of the disagreement, focussing on a new issue every time. She really needs help tbh

Reactions: 11
It's on Munroe's twitter just now, I've seen that she has also blocked Chidera on twitter too
I just spotted this too as I watched the latest stories.. pretty sure that Munroe blocked Chidera as she is acting like a petulant child.

Reactions: 5
I just spotted this too as I watched the latest stories.. pretty sure that Munroe blocked Chidera as she is acting like a petulant child.
Yep! At this point i'd be willing to pay her my £1million in book sales to stfu 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Congrats to SF on waking up before 3pm today!! 🎉 Hope you’re having a nice brunch while you wade through the shitshow you’ve caused 😋

Can’t deal with her ridiculousness, only Black women can talk about her situation but only then if they agree with her. Munroe must prove herself and get a load of abuse and leaked messages but can’t decide not to engage.

Systemic change isn’t going to come from Louise in West Ruislip sending Chidera £50 on payday, it would come from Chidera going through the courts and making a stand about plagiarism and being exploited. No one is facing consequences here except Chidera’s career, this will blow over and FG will keep moving, MB will keep moving, that’s it.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.