Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Women on Instagram demanding they get paid for "work" no one asked them to do make me feel sick, especially when certain people imply its racist not to give them money.

I'm all for helping others, being charitable, using our privilege, helping to make things more accessible... Giving strangers on the internet money because they posted a graphic they made on PicMonkey to their Instagram with a long winded caption ain't it.
I totally agree. I’m coming around to the individual donations/go fund me type donations. However, I want accountability with my donations. When I’ve donated money I try to use very local charities that have accountable structures.

Aja was wrong to say that Chidera told BMM to redirect funds to her, but BMM are the biggest villains in this whole scenario in my opinion. They publicly turned down money which comes from a legitimate and legal source (Florence) and will ultimately have to turn Black people with mental health issues away from using their services because of this decision. I find that unforgivable.

It’s not a charities place to give a public statement on something like this and unless they are absolutely rolling in cash and don’t have enough people to help (unlikely), then the larger impact of turning down donations affects the most vulnerable in our communities.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’d guess that Munroe was feeling quite uncomfortable a lot of the time in those conversations. Very intense, reams of text. Who knows, though.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I’d guess that Munroe was feeling quite uncomfortable a lot of the time in those conversations. Very intense, reams of text. Who knows, though.
i thought the same seeing them, this isn’t the slam dunk she thinks it is. A lot of it is massive text chunks from CE followed by short messages from Monroe placating her and telling her to calm down and deal with things rationally, and then her fangirling over Munroe.

Can see why she would feel betrayed from this though, def looks like she’s been trying to be accepted in these circles and maybe thought she was more “in”. Sucks to find out someone you thought you were mates with was just putting up with you out of politeness.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Anyone else think it’s pretty crappy to start sharing personal WhatsApp messages to your platform just to provide “ receipts” for a conversation . Stuff like this pisses me off - people are entitled to opinions on other people or the actions of other people. It’s human nature. Chidera posting these conversations do not make me think less of Munroe - if anything it’s had the opposite effect. It has just made me think even less of Chidera.

It’s all well and good that these conversations have happened but we don’t know what has happened in the interim. We do know that Chidera has continually harassed other members of the black community which has created problems for them from Chideras followess

• Heart
Reactions: 19
It genuinely looks like Munroe was politely putting up with her lol
I also got this impression too - I am not seeing responses that are supportive or giving advice. Munroes responses are one liners which don’t seem to invite any chat back whereas Chidera is word vomiting messages.
ETA - there are also messages from Chidera on x date ( eg one message says 21st June ) and there is no reply from Munroe. Chidera then messages again on the 23rd to which Munroe replies with a one line response. So forth and so forth.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Actually feel a bit worried for her health and safety, she’s going to hit bottom HARD if she comes out of this having burnt all her professional and personal connections.

Reactions: 11
Women on Instagram demanding they get paid for "work" no one asked them to do make me feel sick, especially when certain people imply its racist not to give them money.

I'm all for helping others, being charitable, using our privilege, helping to make things more accessible... Giving strangers on the internet money because they posted a graphic they made on PicMonkey to their Instagram with a long winded caption ain't it.

I'm pretty ambivalent about it too - it's just peak late-stage capitalism isn't it? I'm sort of wary of how it commodifies simple human interaction. I'd much rather focus my energy on collective solutions that are going to benefit the most disadvantaged etc.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
That’s not it Chidera. Honestly, all the messages just show her dropping in something personal to her and immediately following it with reams of messages about herself, she’s literally chatting to herself. That’s not indicative of a friendship to me, I speak like that when I don’t want to talk to that person or I’m distancing myself.

I didn’t see those messages as support, I saw Munroe saying Say what you got to say but don’t draw it out, if it’s true then it will come out. Her trying to say she’s the first one to write a book with colour like that and illustrations 😂😂😂. Noooo

Showing personal messages ain’t cool though, I hope Munroe drops some real screenshots of her hassling her to speak up

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I agree, munroe doesn’t seem to get in to a full conversation or even ask much about it she kind of just tells her to air it out. And to be honest I think after a day at work or whatever, replying to those lengthy messages would be the last thing I wanted to do! At this point I don’t even know when this is going to come to a head? I really hope Florence hoes down the legal route or others do. I would be annoyed with my own personal messages being shared to hundred of thousands of people without my consent.

Reactions: 9
Actually feel a bit worried for her health and safety, she’s going to hit bottom HARD if she comes out of this having burnt all her professional and personal connections.
I completely agree. The issue is she isn’t backing down, she isn’t listening to ANYBODY. If it was me my mom would have grabbed my phone a little while ago and put me in a time out. I don’t even think she has a relationship with her family. She has no management now either so it appears there’s nothing and no one to help her 😩😢

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 7

Click this thread and read it - I believe most of us here agree with Ash Sarker on this ... she really should get a lawyer and sort this out

• Heart
Reactions: 7

Click this thread and read it - I believe most of us here agree with Ash Sarker on this ... she really should get a lawyer and sort this out
Ash Sarker is correct - this is the only way to really address the plagerise claims. It’s not up to social media to make this decision. The guy who Is replying to Ash is in living in another universe.

Reactions: 6

What a lovely colourful illustration of them both.... now... who designed it? Florence or Chidera? There's only one way to find out....

FIGHT!!!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
New stories about Munroe
I reckon she knew that this would all blow up eventually/that SF would probably release the "receipts" hence why her responses are really bland/suggesting they discuss on the phone... there's nothing that implicates her at all in these. really weren't worth sharing lol

• Heart
Reactions: 8
To be fair to Munroe as well, we’ve all had that friend who’s been ranting to us about something and we don’t even agree with them but we are just like ‘yeah totally you’re so right’ just to make them feel better or cause they’d start arguing with you if you disagree 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 24
To be fair to Munroe as well, we’ve all had that friend who’s been ranting to us about something and we don’t even agree with them but we are just like ‘yeah totally you’re so right’ just to make them feel better or cause they’d start arguing with you if you disagree 😂
Honestly!! The way Munroe replied is exactly the way I texted my friend who was majorly trying to convince me her COVID rule breaking was ‘completely fine’. I didn’t agree with her so kept it short lol

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.