Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reading through all this and how I feel when I just look at everything on instagram , screenshots, tweets by CE and everyone else’s commentary (stories, lives, even more tweets) is below. YIKES!
E31714CA-5E29-4C57-ADB3-95BF69E302B8.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
My point is you referred to a ‘person of colour’ when referring to Aja’s actions. But Aja is a Black woman and identifies as a Black woman, not a person of colour.

It’s disrespectful when talking about a Black woman who’s experiences of racism may be totally different to say, for example an Indian woman, to be lumped into the same group because neither are white.

It is the presumption that white is the dominant and anything not white is the same. This is obviously ludicrous and for these reasons I felt you needed to clarify when talking about a ‘person of colour’ that Aja is a Black woman, not a person of colour.
Ah okay I can see where I offended you with that but to clarify I wasn’t actually only talking about Aja which was why I used the term “person of colour” rather than Black woman.
I was using the example of Aja calling Chidera out and not being called a white supremacist as an illustration of how in Chideras eyes it is necessary to be a person of colour in order to not be called a white supremacist just for disagreeing with her. Unless of course Chidera proves me wrong and also calls individuals of other ethnicities white supremacist racists for disagreeing with her lol

Haven't caught up yet but thought I'd let you all know Aja Barber is currently live on Insta talking about the situation. She's basically saying to white people, if you see a person speaking out but not being backed by their community (i.e. in this case the black community), then stay out of it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Just saw on Munroe's twitter that the/one of the lawyers who looked at the books for Florence was black. She's made a few tweets just now. I really do feel sorry for Munroe in this, she's got some horrible abuse.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Haven't caught up yet but thought I'd let you all know Aja Barber is currently live on Insta talking about the situation. She's basically saying to white people, if you see a person speaking out but not being backed by their community (i.e. in this case the black community), then stay out of it.
Her live was very insightful. Chidera threatening to fight her is an absolute joke 😐

• Heart
The ridiculousness of Chidera trying to say it’s the same as sex workers getting reparations... it’s just... not. The dynamic is COMPLETELY different.

Reactions: 8
The ridiculousness of Chidera trying to say it’s the same as sex workers getting reparations... it’s just... not. The dynamic is COMPLETELY different.
People who pay sex workers are paying for that person's service. Also the thing is, if people wanted to give Chidera their money then fine that's up to them. But it's the fact that she's demanding it under the guise of 'reparations' because someone 'stole' her work; her work being the colours pink and orange and the concept of high standards

• Heart
  • Haha
She’s clutching on to anything right now. Being heavily into the BDSM scene myself at some point, findom and paypigs are not reparations at all, considering any woman can dominate either sex or race then black women doing it are providing a service, that may be humiliation or degradation, some even use blackmail (consensual of course) but you are being paid for the service you provide to them, NOT compensated because of any wrong doing. You may use that as a basis as part of a role play but ultimately, that person isn’t paying you to say sorry, they’re paying you for sexual gratification.

She’s bleeping deluded along with her one sex worker mate who speaks on behalf of everyone 😂😂

Oh and let’s look at the casual ageism throw in as well - she’s bleeping gross and I would be ashamed of her showing herself up right now, I don’t think she’s a nice person at all. Aja said something but she never once used personal comments bar that her behaviour was manipulative which it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
This is good advice yet the issue is the white community bolstering up Chidera who then just carries on with the rampage.

Also calling Munroe a c**n is disgusting..

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She’s clutching on to anything right now. Being heavily into the BDSM scene myself at some point, findom and paypigs are not reparations at all, considering any woman can dominate either sex or race then black women doing it are providing a service, that may be humiliation or degradation, some even use blackmail (consensual of course) but you are being paid for the service you provide to them, NOT compensated because of any wrong doing. You may use that as a basis as part of a role play but ultimately, that person isn’t paying you to say sorry, they’re paying you for sexual gratification.

She’s bleeping deluded along with her one sex worker mate who speaks on behalf of everyone 😂😂

Oh and let’s look at the casual ageism throw in as well - she’s bleeping gross and I would be ashamed of her showing herself up right now, I don’t think she’s a nice person at all. Aja said something but she never once used personal comments bar that her behaviour was manipulative which it is.
YES. All of this.
“ultimately, that person isn’t paying you to say sorry, they’re paying you for sexual gratification.”
Especially this! Even if the interaction were purely exchange of funds, the dynamic is there, which means there is a sexual element (even if no sexual acts or services), which means it is an exchange. Not just straight forward reparations.

This is in no way to shame sex workers / BDSM (which I personally support), it’s only to say that I don’t think Chidera can equate them at all and hasn’t really got a proper understanding beyond twisting a situation to suit her argument.

• Heart
YES. All of this.
“ultimately, that person isn’t paying you to say sorry, they’re paying you for sexual gratification.”
Especially this! Even if the interaction were purely exchange of funds, the dynamic is there, which means there is a sexual element (even if no sexual acts or services), which means it is an exchange. Not just straight forward reparations.

This is in no way to shame sex workers / BDSM (which I personally support), it’s only to say that I don’t think Chidera can equate them at all and hasn’t really got a proper understanding beyond twisting a situation to suit her argument.
It’s really irritated me that she’s tried to steer her ignorant merry band of followers that there are thousands of black women getting reparations off white men. No there isn’t 😂 there’s a power dynamic which still sits with the white man since they can withdrawn funding anytime!
Please don’t pretend Chidera/That Ebony bird that this isn’t because there is a sexual gratification because there is, those men and women are paying you that money because they get a sexual kick out of being subservient - nothing else about it.

Thanks for those Twitter screenshotting again - I’m glad munroe has called out the bullying and harassment for what it is. Just wandering when does it stop? When Florence has to have an injunction taken out against her?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I was thinking why is no one stepping in to give her some grounding as it literally seems she is instagramming everything that comes to mind without a second thought about what she is saying. This is why it pays to have real friends/family and a team around you to help keep yourself in check.

On the other hand it seems she is not someone who would reflect on her actions and admit that she has overstepped the line. This has spiralled from an apparent plagiarised idea to do much more!

Seriously she is putting screenshots from people saying that she was dropped from diving bell but she was leaving anyway. At this point her rants are turning into white noise (maybe not the best choice of phrase but oh well).

• Heart
This is just another level for me - I should find her groceries ? Because I’m white?
I can't take her seriously lmao. This is such a weird hyper neoliberal approach to take - surely we need to drive for systemic reforms e.g. UBI (just as an example) that will make society a better place and uplift people.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.