Chidera Eggerue aka The Slumflower

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is Chidera still sending angry messages to black people?( referring back to Stephanie Yeboah ‘s stories). I saw last night on one of her stories she thinks it’s a twitter trend for popular black influencers to dislike her.

I was also thinking about the impact of this on Florences mental health. This must be very difficult to deal with as its flat out witch hunt from Chidera & her followers - can’t even begin to imagine the types of messages Florence must be receiving off the back of this. There is only so much one person can take.. and Chideras comment. If something doe happen to Florence I will just wait for the reparations. This is an appalling comment to make. She hasn’t an ounce of compassion or empathy in her.

I ended up blocking Chidera last night on IG because I just can’t bare the snidey nasty stories she is sharing and her relentless bullying. I think Chidera Eggerue is a nasty human.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Has anyone seen Aja’s stories this morning? She’s going for Chidera now and although I’m really pleased to see more vocal public voices against Chidera the personal cost that these people will pay is totally unfair. They shouldn’t have to be the one’s who have to call Chidera in but I don’t know who she will listen to now to be honest.

When my mother worked in mental health, her clients would often come up to her when we were out shopping and just blurt out their mental health problems to her. I would have to run away as quickly as I could so that my mother could speak to them with some kind of client privacy (even though we were always in a public environment). They had no filter or no concerns that this was her personal time. My mother would do her best to try and keep the conversation light and then when in work, contact them again.
Social media these days is reminding me of these times because people are just blurting out things in public that they should be doing in a safe, controlled environment. It’s dangerous and it will impact on the mental health of others.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Has anyone seen Aja’s stories this morning? She’s going for Chidera now and although I’m really pleased to see more vocal public voices against Chidera the personal cost that these people will pay is totally unfair. They shouldn’t have to be the one’s who have to call Chidera in but I don’t know who she will listen to now to be honest.

When my mother worked in mental health, her clients would often come up to her when we were out shopping and just blurt out their mental health problems to her. I would have to run away as quickly as I could so that my mother could speak to them with some kind of client privacy (even though we were always in a public environment). They had no filter or no concerns that this was her personal time. My mother would do her best to try and keep the conversation light and then when in work, contact them again.
Social media these days is reminding me of these times because people are just blurting out things in public that they should be doing in a safe, controlled environment. It’s dangerous and it will impact on the mental health of others.
Are they the ones she has posted an hour ago? Or have I missed some?

For once impressed by Aja.

necause of the way Chidera has framed the discussion, any white person publicly defending Florence or at the very least not bashing her personally for what’s going on will be labelled a white supremacist. So unfortunately anyone coming out against Chidera has to be a person of colour despite the fact that doing so publicly will be more risky for them in terms of future support and paid opportunities than it would a white person. Chidera created that mess.

• Heart
Reactions: 17

necause of the way Chidera has framed the discussion, any white person publicly defending Florence or at the very least not bashing her personally for what’s going on will be labelled a white supremacist. So unfortunately anyone coming out against Chidera has to be a person of colour despite the fact that doing so publicly will be more risky for them in terms of future support and paid opportunities than it would a white person. Chidera created that mess.
Likewise so messed up that Chidera has to rely so much on the support from white people because she’s not getting it in the same way from back people (this is a generalisation but I think the majority of supportive messages she’s sharing are from white people).

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 8
I think Aja hit the nail on the head. All these white folk in Chidera’s DMs sending RePaRaTiOnS need to examine why many other black women with platforms are publicly disagreeing with her. I can’t imagine having the absolute gall to be a white person going onto the profiles of black women to leave comments demanding them to help Chidera get money and speak out against Florence. EVEN IF Florence had actually done something wrong, imagine going on about paying money to Slumflower to absolve your white feminism and then harassing black women on social media. Imagine lacking the critical thinking skills to that degree 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 18

Aja is a Black woman.

Reactions: 1

Aja is going OFFFF
Oh god, I AM SO GLAD she said this! I have thought this since I first ever became aware of the saggy boobs matter thing, but as a white woman I just thought it’s not really my place to judge or say anything. Just the inherent (presumably) intended equivalence of saggy boobs with Black people being murdered by police just... well, it seemed insanely insensitive to me.

I do think Chidera wants to be a good activist but I don’t think she’s a strong critical thinker at all - she seems to take a lot of basic tenets of the topics she’s passionate about and them kind of messes them up to suit her own agenda.

Actually, the rich husband hunting thing is a good point - a previous poster said I was wrong about this as there’s nothing wrong with wanting a good husband, and I agree, but Chidera made it very clear she was searching for someone who was rich and boujie, NOT a good, self-sufficient man, which is a very different thing.

So spot on. There is a real ageism problem in certain lib fem social media circles, and although I would never discount someone’s opinions due to age, nor would I make the assumption that all older people are wiser, there is SO MUCH to be said for life experience.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
When this first started and Chidera claimed Florence plagiarized her book I felt sorry for her and I think the leftie anti-racist part of my brain just instantly believed her but the more she unravelled and started making crazy demands and calling out other black people (bodyposipanda, Munroe) for not getting involved I went right off her.

Ultimately the more I thought about it Chidera's book does not seem at all original and obviously she apparantly has stole her ideas from sex workers. I did however buy and read Floremce's book which I found incredibly basic mainstream feminism. Neither of these girls created mainstream feminism.

I think as time has gone on it has just become bullying and harassment from Chidera, some of the things she has come out with are vile, comparing Florence to a rapist and saying she might intentionally hospitalize herself is disgusting. Chidera to me seems like the kind of person who makes everything about her race. If you dont agree with her then its because you're racist, no love, not everyone is going to agree with you. Like I legitkmately want Floremce to lawyer up and take her to court.

As for the people sending her money I just despair, use your brain cells. You want to fight white supremacy then donate to charity, not just to some greedy influencer.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Random white people should pay for black people's therapy, groceries and education.
Is she okay!?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Lol I know? That was my point. I was saying that for any voice critical of Chidera, they need to be a person of colour or Chidera will label them a white supremacist
My point is you referred to a ‘person of colour’ when referring to Aja’s actions. But Aja is a Black woman and identifies as a Black woman, not a person of colour.

It’s disrespectful when talking about a Black woman who’s experiences of racism may be totally different to say, for example an Indian woman, to be lumped into the same group because neither are white.

It is the presumption that white is the dominant and anything not white is the same. This is obviously ludicrous and for these reasons I felt you needed to clarify when talking about a ‘person of colour’ that Aja is a Black woman, not a person of colour.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.