Chessie King

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wonder how many people have asked her about her tier 4 rule breaking over Christmas?

Reactions: 3
Isn't it so weird that she became OBSESSED with orange after she started dating Matt?.... Like she dyed her hair orange and it looked awful, all her colour schemes are orange now, she calls everything orange or baby orange....
My boyfriend has black hair, shall I be obsessed with black!!???
It's just so weird
Funny thing is she might not even had a ginger haired baby. My husband and I are similar colourings to them and we have 2 white blonde haired kids!

Reactions: 4
Funny thing is she might not even had a ginger haired baby. My husband and I are similar colourings to them and we have 2 white blonde haired kids!
Imagine how gutted she’ll be if it’s not even vaguely ginger

Reactions: 3
Why couldn’t she just say severe vomiting instead of using a big long word to make it seem worse 🤷🏻‍♀️🙄🙄🙄
I don’t think it’s fair to say severe vomiting and HG are the same thing. They aren’t. My friend had HG and she was hospitalised for nearly her whole pregnancy, it was more than just severe vomiting. So I think it’s fine to use the correct terminology, more people should know about it, but it does always seem like she always has the most wrong with her!

Reactions: 7
I get the impression she's going to be one of those women who behave like they're the only person ever to get HG or to be pregnant

Reactions: 7
I don’t think it’s fair to say severe vomiting and HG are the same thing. They aren’t. My friend had HG and she was hospitalised for nearly her whole pregnancy, it was more than just severe vomiting. So I think it’s fine to use the correct terminology, more people should know about it, but it does always seem like she always has the most wrong with her!
Fair enough, I didn’t mean offence to your friend or others who may suffer, more just all these influencers dramatise everything that happens in their lives!

Reactions: 2
I was due my first child two weeks before Chessie but had a traumatic miscarriage early December (sepsis, hospitalisation, the whole shebang.)

I wasn't sure how it would feel when all the December announcements started happening but honestly I'm just so thrilled for everyone who's having a healthy pregnancy, wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy.

However, that bloody advice post Chessie put up last night where she spoke as if she's an authority on all things first trimester that us mere mortals should look to as a guru... I had to unfollow. I wanted to scream at the phone!

Did anyone else find it extremely annoying and tone deaf or am I projecting onto her?!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Fair enough, I didn’t mean offence to your friend or others who may suffer, more just all these influencers dramatise everything that happens in their lives!
And most people who suffer HG can’t be arsed with taking selfie’s while in hospital but Chess can’t miss an opportunity

Reactions: 11
I was due my first child two weeks before Chessie but had a traumatic miscarriage early December (sepsis, hospitalisation, the whole shebang.)

I wasn't sure how it would feel when all the December announcements started happening but honestly I'm just so thrilled for everyone who's having a healthy pregnancy, wouldn't wish what I went through on my worst enemy.

However, that bloody advice post Chessie put up last night where she spoke as if she's an authority on all things first trimester that us mere mortals should look to as a guru... I had to unfollow. I wanted to scream at the phone!

Did anyone else find it extremely annoying and tone deaf or am I projecting onto her?!
I’m so sorry for your loss and what you went through ❤

I did find it a bit tone deaf, and she is just acting like the authority on pregnancy it’s very annoying. The first trimester sucks for many many women, she’s not a special oracle 🙄 also the bump photos (what bump?!) are already getting annoying. Have unfollowed, I’m pregnant myself but can’t bear seeing her gurning face accepting all the freebies for the next 6 months

Reactions: 9

First of all, I’m so, so sorry for your loss. I can’t even imagine how devastating that must be. 💕

And I totally agree. She’s vile. I don’t know what it is about her but for me she’s the worst influencer out there. She has absolutely zero discernible talent OR work ethic. And she’s the most dreadful attention seeker.

She’s always been obsessed with babies but that doesn’t give her any authority to make posts like that. Why has she written it as if it’s gospel? It’s literally just her own very specific experience.

It also makes me so nervous when people post this kind of thing midway through a pregnancy. I’m even weird about baby showers which is probably a bit extreme! But still. That image of the tiny baby is something that I think she could have kept to herself.

Reactions: 8

Totally agree. same with her advice about getting an early scan at 8-9 weeks. My midwife is totally against early scans, they give false reassurance and the NHS don't do them, you have to pay privately for them.

Reactions: 4
Totally agree. same with her advice about getting an early scan at 8-9 weeks. My midwife is totally against early scans, they give false reassurance and the NHS don't do them, you have to pay privately for them.
Completely agree. My first pregnancy I had a scan at 8 weeks all fine... had a miscarriage 2 weeks later

• Sad
Reactions: 5
The NHS do do them, for people with recurrent miscarriages for example. I had one privately in my last pregnancy and I will again in this one for my own peace of mind and knowing there is a baby in the right place growing as it should. Any scan can give false assurance as something can still go wrong afterwards. However I would never advise others to have one just because I did.

Reactions: 5
The NHS do do them, for people with recurrent miscarriages for example. I had one privately in my last pregnancy and I will again in this one for my own peace of mind and knowing there is a baby in the right place growing as it should. Any scan can give false assurance as something can still go wrong afterwards. However I would never advise others to have one just because I did.

I know they do them for recurrent miscarriages or as an emergency for pain or bleeding in pregnancy. I'm pregnant and NHS did one to rule out an ectopic at about 8 weeks at the EPU and my previous miscarriage was diagnosed at an urgent early scan last yea after bleeding but they don't do them as a routine thing to all pregnant women and I don't think Chessie should be advising everyone to get one.

There's been a few stories in the press lately about these private scan places too.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.