Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Did you read it has two houses and the orangery rented…it already has an INCOME ! That and a team of Work-away Volunteers indentured as peasants, and they say there is massive tax advantages…
Mondoubleau Medieval Madness

The outbuildings include:
- An annex house, known as the Basse-Cour with 140m² of living space which is made up of: Living room with open plan kitchen, sitting room, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 1 shower room.
The house was renovated in 2010 and has mains drainage and electric heating
This property is currently rented out for 450€/month.

- Another house which has been renovated in 2015/2016 and comprises: living room, kitchen, shower room and 2 bedrooms.
This property also has mains drainage, electric heating and is currently rented out at 330€/month.

- The orangery of 140m² which has a kitchen, sitting room, 4 bedrooms, 1 bathroom and 1 shower room.
The orangery was completely redone in 2014.
Individual sanitation, heating with wood pellet boiler
Currently rented as a second home for 690€/month.
I can see all the revenue taxes coming !!

Reactions: 9
...well...he’s no innocent...imo...and he isn’t the first old geezer to lose his head...and happy to go along with any stupid idea...just to keep the p***y ready and willing...and he certainly won’t be the last...

...he’s a smug one...very shady in his own way...quite creepy imo...so...for everyone...life is hard...and lessons clearly still need to be learned...even for old gullible men. I do hope diesel will be able to ride it out...poor old dog...stuck with such a loser...
If memory serves, @Clara Burnett told us that Selmar is not a pleasant person.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
As someone who worked for Renaissance Festivals in the US, I know how much money is needed up front to keep the place running. Titty and Delmar are going to have to hire separate managers to run the food and beverages, the crafts, the entertainment, the design, costumes, security/first aid, groundskeepers/gardeners, trash/maintenance, parking, cashiers, the list goes on...They will probably want a General Manager to oversee it all. Some of these jobs are full time, year-round jobs and others are seasonal. Where are they going to find that money?
I am still wondering about this whole idea. I am not at all following these types of historic re-enactment / fantasy events, could it be that they are more popular in North America than in Europe? Would North Americans be willing to come several times per year to Europe just to attend such events, just because of the historic venue? Or am I underestimating the potential number of participants from Europe? In any case, it would need serious event management, as you say (with all-year salaries) and not somebody who prefers focussing on her storyline about fictional pseudoaristocrats and a guy with no evident competences in that area, except for dancing classes.

Reactions: 15
If memory serves, @Clara Burnett told us that Selmar is not a pleasant person.
It appears to me that there are very few pleasant people inhabiting the Chateauverse! Selmar, SJ, Phiphi, Monster Munch, Edd,Tanya, Isobel, Percy Potty, Ollie , Ma, Biffy and of course the arch villain of the Bunch, Pathetic. Birds of a feather ...

• Heart
Reactions: 20
@Ann G. if you look at the video the outbuildings look in terrible shape. I wonder if these rentals include utilities or if they are extra. You also have to maintain these rental areas as well. Can you imagine a tenant telling them that they have bathroom issue wonder how long it would take Selmar to deal with it.
Where did we find that the outbuildings are already rented ?
I can't see it in the listing?

Reactions: 3
This just popped up on my YouTube feed. Sorry if it's already been posted
In that video, there's what looks like a very large bucket on the floor in the middle of one of the rooms. Could that mean a leak. despite their saying it's in good repair?

How about this for an idea? We could all club together and put in a better offer and gazump them! We could then be on the spot to get all the chateauverse gossip. We could have a YT channel: Tattlers at the Chateau. We might even manage to convert some diehard fans! Just imagine how that would go down with Steph and co!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I like Dan's vlogs, short and entertaining. The comments have become increasingly more and more painful to read, in the way the saccharine comments are on the chateau diaries vlogs. "Dan you saved my life during lockdown" "How wonderful that you and Stephanie found each other " what is wrong with these people.? Sentimental, desperate and sad. I saw one comment on Stephanies vlog yesterday pairing Stephanie off with first Selmar and then Dan, although he's married. Another person thought Selmar and Stephanie looked just like each other. What wrong with these people?, 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Come on you 12 Tattle Tartlets, get with the programme. I'm saddened by the cynical nature of practical sound advice given on this thread. I have a fantastical idea to raise the funds, organised by our dear defender of the realm, Carole Gooder. It took all of 10 minutes to come up with this business plan. Let's have an online pie making, pie dressing, pie eating competition. £10 entry fee, all we need is 35,000 people to enter, easy peesy. Imagine the living, loving and laughter we would all have participating in this well thought out funding idea. We could make it more fun by playing guess who's pie it is. Some examples, a Teabag or Spode pie. A scotch pie dressed in tartan. A Dutch apple pie dressed with a crown in orange tango. A pork pie, in fact loads of porky pies (will have to explain that one later to our American Tartlets). A cinnamon tartlett or a cynical tartlett. But my favourite would be a pie so big, so vast, you would have to be greedy to even make it. Ingredients supplied by others, made by others, topped with a big bleeping cherry, filmed so to make it look that this person has been labouring all day to finish this project. It could have pastry wardrobes which you peer into and see four Narnia people dressed in medieval costumes, A Dutch, American, Canadian production of Chateau fantasy. Oh the fun.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Come on you 12 Tattle Tartlets, get with the programme. I'm saddened by the cynical nature of practical sound advice given on this thread. I have a fantastical idea to raise the funds, organised by our dear defender of the realm, Carole Gooder. It took all of 10 minutes to come up with this business plan. Let's have an online pie making, pie dressing, pie eating competition. £10 entry fee, all we need is 35,000 people to enter, easy peesy. Imagine the living, loving and laughter we would all have participating in this well thought out funding idea. We could make it more fun by playing guess who's pie it is. Some examples, a Teabag or Spode pie. A scotch pie dressed in tartan. A Dutch apple pie dressed with a crown in orange tango. A pork pie, in fact loads of porky pies (will have to explain that one later to our American Tartlets). A cinnamon tartlett or a cynical tartlett. But my favourite would be a pie so big, so vast, you would have to be greedy to even make it. Ingredients supplied by others, made by others, topped with a big bleeping cherry, filmed so to make it look that this person has been labouring all day to finish this project. It could have pastry wardrobes which you peer into and see four Narnia people dressed in medieval costumes, A Dutch, American, Canadian production of Chateau fantasy. Oh the fun.
We’d spend most of the time arguing which filling was the best though - Pie Wars!

• Haha
If there are 12 of us Tatler Yentas can I be no. 8. My lucky number.

Maybe we could do a roll call by number?

Advent calendar starts tomorrow. Start thinking of your profile picture for Christmas. Favourite La La Christmas memory or laugh.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I get where you are coming from Ezzy and I Like It !!
Masses of Pies, Tarts and those pastry wardrobes but I must warn you ........ Never , Ever go the scones and clotted cream because of what will happen and it won't be pretty !
There have been Wars fought over clotted cream here at Tattle - under or over the jam and thankfully I have lived to tell the tale !

I am not telling Porky Pies either ! ;):love:

• Haha
and I think that PJ told SJ to "say thank you to the nice guy/man", and then she shuffles over like a little girl and softly says "thank you very much for all your work" and then PJ says "I'm very proud of you". Like weird, PJ is acting like he's her father and she's acting like a little girl ...
He often attempts to tell her to say things on the gift grabs. Last night, he wanted her to say where one of the gift givers lived and she said she was (quite rightly) not going to give out the entire address in public. He is a child with no idea at all. Much as I dislike Steph, I can understand her irritation with him and the relationship will certainly not last whatever BJJ hopes! He definitely is now trying to look as if he is the man in charge!

Reactions: 20

Advent calendar starts tomorrow. Start thinking of your profile picture for Christmas. Favourite La La Christmas memory or laugh.
I bags number 7 my lucky number ! :love:

Reactions: 7
Nice to see that Teabag has all kinds of time to stay at La La Lande and participate in the Live Stream today! Looking forward to the big cottage bedroom reveal at Christmas!

Oh…Who am I kidding? He’s not working on the cottage bedroom…as usual, he’s not talking about it anymore and hopes everyone forgets about the goal he set for himself. 🙄
Why hasn't he got a carte de séjour yet? When Stephanie showed him her residence permit he mumbled something about a slip and having to collect it from the post office and hurriedly walked away ... I suppose he could always go back to Spain so that he can spend three months in France ...

Reactions: 13

I thought we were 15 Tartlets, tattlers? 🤣 🥰

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Why hasn't he got a carte de séjour yet? When Stephanie showed him her residence permit he mumbled something about a slip and having to collect it from the post office and hurriedly walked away ... I suppose he could always go back to Spain so that he can spend three months in France ...
Hopping to Spain doesn't work for Teabag. The rule is 90 days in any 180-day period within Schengen area. He needs his carte de séjour to stay in France/EU/Schengen.
I thought we were 15 Tartlets, tattlers? 🤣 🥰
We're 15 because Dear Brenda can't count beyond the number of her brain cells.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.