Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ever since that vlog was released everybody is all over their "plans" thinking they are seriously moving forward with them. They are not. They are only interested in making as much money from this fantasy as they possibly can and were trained (so not only endorsed) by SJ.
If you look at Selmar's recent vlogs there is not even a link to the kickstarter campaign. I guess he doesn't take the fundraising that seriously too.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
Congratulations @Pekey on your VIP status 🎉💐🎊❤. We'll clear that hanger on Heathcliffe out of the VIP lounge, (he's always lying drunk on the floor), and set up the champagne for you! 🍸🍾

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Are they crowdfunding because they spent their life savings and they'll be broke? Is the chateau theirs to make big muddy nerd plans for? What in the hell is even happening with these lunatics? Dan is the chateau fan favorite and only made 10k for men's health and fun mustaches. The only way I see this coming close to happening is if they already own (or are renting?) the chateau. Tatty filming her feet and Selmar breathing heavily while he feeds the cat or sneaks around an empty castle that's closed to the public isn't going to make a cool half million in a month. At least Marie in Diagon Alley is a realistic story arc. I might be wrong about those money totals and I'm too lazy to go back and look, but wtf?
Yeah, the maintenance records & financials would be the first thing I'd want to take a look at on potential purchase of a property that size & age. I think Selmar had no idea what it cost to run the farmhouse...he knows how much petrol & insurance his camper van needs and what food he has to buy for himself & Diesel and that's probably it. I'd be surprised if they even asked to see what the electric, water/sewer & heating costs are of the chateau they have their hearts set on.
Bet you Dan's Brico coupons that S&T haven't had a building inspection completed on their dream chateau. Who knows what secrets are lurking behind that moat and those turrets. Based on their experience at the shitoo, they should at least know to check that the roof isn't leaking and electrics, heating, plumbing and fireplaces are all working - but I doubt it. Billy at least has access to Gwen's deep pockets - Selmar isn't that lucky!

Now it’s time to analyze Teabeg’s choice of attire in today’s live stream…

Another Ralph Lauren teddy bear (not the teddy bear sweater he wore on the Thanksgiving vlog…it was another sweatshirt it appears?) and a Polo puffy jacket. Clearly he doesn’t understand the optics behind the message he’s sending with his choice of clothing and accessories. Amazingly, so many fans don’t see it either. What a joke.

Looking forward to hearing his excuses for why the cottage bedroom isn’t done by Christmas. Ran out of time? No…you had time to drink and party at La La Lande. Ran out of money? No…you have the funds to buy designer clothes and accessories. Not enough help? No…you had Chris the volunteer for several weeks.

View attachment 896364View attachment 896365
Teabag said his Teddybear sweaters need to be dry-cleaned (not washed), so there's another expense he can't afford.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
If you look at Selmar's recent vlogs there is not even a link to the kickstarter campaign. I guess he doesn't take the fundraising that seriously too.
It is just altogether weird, and not going to work.

Teabag's Ralph Lauren bear jumpers cost 399€ each in Europe and the website says hand wash. I guess he's too lazy for hand wash.

It’s so easy to hand wash a sweater! Can you imagine how wiffy they are if he hasn’t bothered to get them dry cleaned yet?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
He often attempts to tell her to say things on the gift grabs. Last night, he wanted her to say where one of the gift givers lived and she said she was (quite rightly) not going to give out the entire address in public. He is a child with no idea at all. Much as I dislike Steph, I can understand her irritation with him and the relationship will certainly not last whatever BJJ hopes! He definitely is now trying to look as if he is the man in charge!
I remember him once making stupid comments about Banff, just because he had never heard about this town..and is it true he did not know about the Renaissance? Does anybody have the time stamp for this display of ignorance? I don't want to watch the whole episode, these gift thingies, with all the squirrels, hedgehogs and tea towels are sooo boring.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
You are so right. I love that Pagan aspect which was absorbed into Christmas. It makes a connection with the older religions and beliefs which means they are not forgotten. There are many aspects of Paganism that are so beautiful, the connection to Nature and the seasons .
The illustrations under the Yule title are actually Christmas traditions in Scandinavia where they use the old word "Yule" ("Jul" in Swedish, now is translated as "Christmas" pronounced exactly as "Yule"). They would have had a tree, etc., when they originally celebrated Yule but it would not have looked anything like the one in that painting from the late 1800s. The Norse god, Thor (Tor), had goats, rather than reindeers, and they still often have straw goats by the Christmas tree. There isn't one Father Christmas in Sweden, even though other people think he lives in the north; instead, there are "tomtes", rather like gnomes, who bring the gifts. There are special songs while they dance round the tree and sing and dance round it before taking it down. Christmas in Scandinavia is much more magical than in the UK and all the festivals are very much linked to the distinct and changing seasons which are greeted and celebrated and much looked forward to.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I remember him once making stupid comments about Banff, just because he had never heard about this town..and is it true he did not know about the Renaissance? Does anybody have the time stamp for this display of ignorance? I don't want to watch the whole episode, these gift thingies, with all the squirrels, hedgehogs and tea towels are sooo boring.
I can't remember which gift it was associated with but someone mentioned the Renaissance and he said he said something like "so, in the 1800s" and I think MPK corrected him!

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
The useless Hedgehog boyfriend thought that the renaissance gardens were invented by the French in the 18th century.
You know, just after the renaissance period :rolleyes:
Davey has to explain the history of parterre gardens to him. Timestamp at 15:47

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 25
If memory serves, @Clara Burnett told us that Selmar is not a pleasant person.
I used to feel sympathetic towards Selmar as he seemed modest and kind and loved animals but as time has progressed, he has increasingly gone down in my estimation. I think he has very dated ideas about women and seemed keen to dominate when Tatty first arrived, although she is now asserting her dominance. He seems to have an inflated idea of his usefulness and importance now, and has no awareness of how boring he and his "flogs" are. I think he really probably resents SJ, which is understandable, but she has put up with him parking his campervan there free of charge and achieving very little workwise. He is very gullible but I think he could probably also be quite nasty. In the announcement vlog, he and Tatty seemed to be sneering inside when they emphasised all the positive aspects of "their" chateau, implying comparisons with CLL. His only saving grace is his treatment of the animals.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Here in Europe, because the health care is free, the settlements are small and for the same reason our insurances are not substantial for accidents like in the States. He probably has a small nest egg saved. I think he was looking for a much cheaper chateau/manor/farmhouse before Tatyana entered the picture.
Before Tatyana entered the scene, he didn't look for a château to buy at all. Most of the time he only strayed around the outside.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I am not at all following these types of historic re-enactment
I think there are quite a lot of re-enactments in the UK, maybe not so many "fantasy festivals, although I did see something recently about a fairy festival somewhere! I can't imagine many people travelling even from the UK to France for such an event. I certainly wouldn't have thought many Americans would either but there's no accounting for taste and when you think of some of the patrons, you could imagine that they would be daft enough to do so!

a guy with no evident competences in that area, except for dancing classes.
I haven't seen any evidence of his competence in either dancing or teaching dance. I am no dancer but he looks pretty hopeless to me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
According to Caroline Gooder charity begins at home. Apparently no need for SJ, the selfish cow, to donate to a local charity and share her good fortune, even at Christmas. Maybe if the new community centre, that may not open for some time, does donations, it would be a wonderful idea, but SJ won't do it on her own accord. But hey, SJ had the money to fly Paris to South Africa twice (December 21 and January 22) and would have taken both flights had the borders not closed.

1638270986594.png

Nicole Van Buren

11 hours ago

Three times a year my family donates to a local food bank or food pantry. Do you donate to a food bank or pantry for the needy families? It’s a thought. Being a recipient of a food basket when times were difficult meant a lot to us. We pay it forward. 🦋💟☮🦋

caroline gooder

5 hours ago

Isabelle and Percy do that in SA. If the new local community center does that as well it would be a wonderful idea.😁🌹❤

• Sick
The useless Hedgehog boyfriend thought that the renaissance gardens were invented by the French in the 18th century.
You know, just after the renaissance period :rolleyes:
Davey has to explain the history of parterre gardens to him. Timestamp at 15:47

If I'm correct, in english you have a saying like "Empty vessels make the most noise" ? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22
I have been in and out today and just watched the gift grab ....... I see Spiv Teabag has crawled in .
Why isn't he back at the gardener's cottage doing stuff there !
Gosh he Hates work ! :devilish:
Free Booze!

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.