Chateau Diaries #89 Maybe it was pleasurable for him to put the napkin into the napkin ring

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They could go after the anime, gamer crowd fantasy players but still you need your own seed $$$$

Reactions: 11
Didn't realise he was still employed at Lala land.......or are they being economical with the truth
I bet he is still slated to do the rest of the downstairs loo, that's probably it, but it means he is still a bit employed by lalande! I bet it is a bit of smoke and mirrors ...

• Haha
Reactions: 15
They're friends and family to kick the ball running. So, 100 000 fans need to buy a goblet and Mark Morrison finally has to put his money where his mouth is. Just WOW! Scrounging has reached new heights!

If this funding succeeds it doesn't matter if their business plan fails. They can put the castle back for sale and bank the donated $500k!
good point ... The fund was over $3000.00 when they just had 3 backers. Now it has 15 and it is $8053.00, so people are backing at smaller amounts right now ... this is still a LONG ways off from what they need.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
On the subject of tarts again I am currently watching Nadiya (ex Bake Off winner) making a tart and she said to make your tart base waterproof before putting your filling in brush it with egg white and put in the oven for 2 minutes to seal. p s. She has made a creme brulee custard sensation tart with nuts and pretzels in the pastry;

• Heart
Reactions: 13
If people are stupid enough to part with their money to buy Sillyman and Titty a chateau, then they deserve to lose their money. You can't help idiots.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Wow, it defies belief. Did anyone else notice this verbiage? Does that mean that "If we can make our dream work, you can make our dream work even better? And I'm freaked out that they are making their own currency that you can purchase at the festival. If you don't use it, can you trade it back in for normal human currency?

View attachment 893850
I had friends who ran a festival that way; you had to buy their currency to pay for food etc. It lasted only one year as it was a disaster. You were forever queuing to buy the currency because you didn't want to buy too much currency.

Reactions: 23
What is rather worrying - to say the least! - is that there are complete fruitcakes out there who are willing to give these two idiots money. What's going on? Are there not enough beds in the loony bins these days?
I just contributed! 😊

Whoops! I got cut off! I meant I just contributed to my local charity! 😆 Money better spent!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
why oh why would you photo shop that in? And when you read the history some of it didn't quite sound like what Taty said in the video ... like the age of the chateau ... I might have to relisten, but I thought she said parts of it were 12 century ... the sale site link says more like it is 15 century, and built on the site of something that was there 12 century ...
Maybe she thought that way people wasnt going to be able to find the chateau they are buying online, but it was easy to find. The chateau choice seems made in a whim rather than something logical, but their whole project makes no sense economically anyway.

Reactions: 16
I dont get it..why not buy a place you can afford..and then start with the rest...then there is no pressure..but no..they must have the top of the rank...they are dreamers..both of them..not real businesspeople..are they aware how much it costs to set up a festival like that..and that there is likely no profit left..they think thousands of people are going to attend...do they have those connections with those people?? How much land has that chateau...facilities..all those people need to bath, go to the toilet..sleep..security...and when its bad weather?? this is not gonna work..Fan is sitting there with a straight face..because she also knows this plan is gonna blow up in their face..just like we know..
So let’s say the Kickstarter works (because this is a crazy world and people are idiots) and they get the money to purchase the house by selling tix for the events. Like our Le Comte de Monte Christo said the events take a ton of money upfront to produce, where is that money going to come from?

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I am truly in disbelief and I don’t know which is worse that they came up with this cockamamy idea or that people are lining up to financially support it! What do they say about fools and their money…. Yup just when the mutations are mutating🤬

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
Tatty&Silly's new chateau seems to come with a 1470€ monthly rental income from outbuildings that have been converted. Still doesn't sound like it's enough to cover the costs of the estate.

If they manage to pull off the funding for the place, I promise to attend one of their medieval festivals. 🤞

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Thanks @MojoDublin and congrats @ComtesseRose

To continue on the Selmar and Tatyana discussion...

Have they paid a deposit? On usual French terms they need to pay 10% of the purchase price as the deposit and if you back out, your 10% is gone. There's only ten days to change your mind and not lose the deposit but these two are crowd funding for 55 days.

The deposit can be negotiated but I'm afraid Selmar and Tatyana are going to lose their savings when they fail to raise the rest of the money to close the deal.

Kickstarter link again for this thread as well:
So they are going to use the money that people pay for tickets to their events to fund the purchase of the Chateau. What will they use to pay for all the things they will need for the events that people have already paid for????????? All of Selmar's bands that he mentioned are going to cost a forrtune before anything else.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just to be clear. If they don't raise the target amount by the end of January, the kickstarter scheme has failed. No money is taken from the punters, and Selmar and Tatty are back to square one.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
I'm curious how much they had of their own savings to put in ... and how much their private investor has put in ....

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Honestly not even in my wildest dreams I would have thought this were the news. I'd be incredibly surprised if this worked. I agree with some previous comments. The crowdfunding style is setting a scary precedent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 23
I've only just steeled myself to listen to their "business plan." I thought I was hearing a couple of 8 year girls in the corner of the playground when I hear that the "Duchess" wants her kingdom and the amethysts from the Prince's crown back. (You can be the princess and I'll be the Duchess.
What about me? You can be an Earl or a Marquis.). Seriously? This is your plan? If you need help with your creativity, I think you should enlist a couple of primary school pupils to up level your writing. This has to be a wind up, surely?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
So let’s say the Kickstarter works (because this is a crazy world and people are idiots) and they get the money to purchase the house by selling tix for the events. Like our Le Comte de Monte Christo said the events take a ton of money upfront to produce, where is that money going to come from?
The Kickstarter money will cover for the down payment, few months of living and the estimated costs of the first festival. Of course you're expected to become a patron to fund the rest of the loan and their renovation and living costs in the future.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Tatty & Silly, it feels like we will soon be watching the equivalent of a car crash in slow motion and we won’t be able to stop ourselves from looking :oops:

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.