Chateau Diaries #88 Nah, her turkey is coming back from the Netherlands..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In every photo I have seen of Tess and in all the vlogs she has been in, I have never seen her smiling. She always looks disdainful, is she naturally always like this, whoever she is with? It's quite understandable when she's with SJ and co but she rarely looks happy, whoever she's with. What do you think about her, Clara?
She might be a snob.But a desperate one.That's why she spent the evening at laland.

Reactions: 9
Oliver's facial expression on last night's vlog made it patently obvious that he dislikes BJJ and he also ignored MPK. Do I detect some jealousy there? He doesn't like to think of any other man getting near his little friend from Oxford days and certainly not people much younger than he is, however gay they might appear to be. He's the only one allowed to lie on the bed with her eating chocolates! The funny thing is that he insisted on David, the chef, accompanying them to her bedroom when he painted her in bed. she was then wearing a negligee but she has worn them in full view of everyone else!

What's the betting that O was in love with SJ all those years ago but didn't have the courage to do anything about it and so he watched her marry, and get divorced from, someone else and then watched her get with Mason, M. Potts and assorted others. Now, there are others who don't even fit into his class or age range. He probably married another glamorous blonde thinking she might be like SJ but she probably turned out to be a much stronger woman! As another enabler and SJ worshipper, he would have been as toxic as BJJ is for her. She would never put up with anyone who didn't enable her and maybe that's why her husband went.
Oliver's an entitled snob surprised he's now living in a different bubble than SJ. They used to share his. He was probably disgusted by the uncultivated, uncultured, uneducated MPK & BJJ rivaling for her attention, thinking how low she's gone 😂 socializing with peasants. I like Ollie's humor, I think he's funny (and a mess) but the class divide was apparent and he made no effort to relieve the awkwardness because SJ enjoyed the whole situation and took Ollie's side just to show 'superiority' over her employed new friends.

Reactions: 19
A lot of work but the algorithm never recommends him. He'll never gain subscribers outside Lalande circle if he doesn't play by the rules.
Probably nobody outside of LL would be interested in the VLOGs anyway. Him going to the DIY shop, bodging some DIY/renovation and drone shots of his drive, oh and sometimes a Micky D bag. I mean, that gravel he has laid at his place. He just laid it on top of the soil, no preparation, no hard core, it will be a quagmire after a wet winter, then full of weeds. I forgot, there is sometimes a bit of gardening in there or wandering around.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
I wonder how long it will take snorts to set up a patreon account? I also wonder what SJ thinks of his channel?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I wonder how long it will take snorts to set up a patreon account? I also wonder what SJ thinks of his channel?
Let’s face it…if MPK could get his act together, his videos are light years better than anything Snorts could produce. Snorts’ first vlog was amateur in comparison…a newbie. SJ was proud to promote Michael’s channel when it debuted almost two years ago. For Snorts, she only gave it a short mention.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
There's been talk about a loan for the house, why would they need one if Gwen is so rich? Billy probably wanted to invest half and the loan is his. So, yes, half of the property is his. I don't know if his parents have invested anything, maybe they have backed up his loan?
Yes, Gwen is rich. Doesn't mean Billy is, he just likes spending her money.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Probably nobody outside of LL would be interested in the VLOGs anyway. Him going to the DIY shop, bodging some DIY/renovation and drone shots of his drive, oh and sometimes a Micky D bag. I mean, that gravel he has laid at his place. He just laid it on top of the soil, no preparation, no hard core, it will be a quagmire after a wet winter, then full of weeds. I forgot, there is sometimes a bit of gardening in there or wandering around.
😂 🤣Content wise that's about it. 😂 I'm glad to read you're an avid follower as well. Don't forget to click and subscribe!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Let’s face it…if MPK could get his act together, his videos are light years better than anything Snorts could produce. Snorts’ first vlog was amateur in comparison…a newbie. SJ was proud to promote Michael’s channel when it debuted almost two years ago. For Snorts, she only gave it a short mention.
That's exactly it, he has the skills to do so, but it's frusturating to see him all over the map. Show up, do a great job and problem solved. I'm surprised snorts has subscribers already. I think after creating this channel his so called relationship with SJ is going to go down hill.

Reactions: 12
That's exactly it, he has the skills to do so, but it's frusturating to see him all over the map. Show up, do a great job and problem solved. I'm surprised snorts has subscribers already. I think after creating this channel his so called relationship with SJ is going to go down hill.
Yes, the only problem with Snorts, though…if or when the relationship with SJ ends, where does his channel go? Right now, he’s only known because of his association with SJ. If that ends, he’d be a ship out of water. Not sure if he can retain a fan base (?). But, it won’t be SJ’s problem at that point. MPK has demonstrated that he can have a channel totally independent of SJ. If Michael and SJ never spoke again, MPK could still have a fan base ( …if he could just get his act together!)

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I'm afraid I cannot agree with your opinion of Trotter.
I think he has been thoroughly indulged by his family, who have consistently bailed him out of trouble and made excuses for his appalling behaviour. I find it hard to reconcile your view that the Pethericks must have had money because MP had piano lessons. My parents were far from well off, but I had piano , violin and dance lessons. My sister had similar opportunities. The reason we had these privileges were not because my family were affluent - far from it. We had them because my dad worked long hours and our parents sacrificed a lot for us. My father gave up smoking for more than a year to be able to send me on a Guide trip to Switzerland.
Petherick believes that he is entitled to pursue a hedonistic lifestyle. I don't for a moment believe that he was hurting, other than perhaps his pride . He has a very unpleasant side to his character, which we have seen on many occasions in the vlogs. I can only imagine that if this is what we are allowed to see, what is he like off camera?
Each to their own, but putting his sexuality firmly to one side, I think that he is one of the most objectionable charactersin the chateau verse.
Thanks for not attacking me. It's interesting how we all interpret things based on our own backgrounds. I truly respect your opinion. But, putting the fact that he is gay aside, I believe is not possible in a discussion. I've watched my brother and son suffer terribly due to homophobic people. for instance, passed over for promotions, turned down from condo associations, and teased mercilessly in school. It affects a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
As I mentioned earlier, suspect they already purchased it. Must be nice to have that much money to indulge in a side-project. Why are they begging on YT if they have that much money and can afford shopping at Louis Vuitton, At the beginning they started out with promise and their videos were at least a bit interesting, but now they don't seem to do any work, spend all their time shopping in brocantes and their YT content is deadly dull and continuing to go downhill.
to be fair it is Teabag that is begging, not Billy and co.

Reactions: 14
If you think of it, BJJ has been her cameraman and editor for how long? He's learned nothing.
(I've given up on MPK, why would he suddenly start uploading regularly? And too much have happened and he shows no change.)

Reactions: 16
I’m in the US and I don’t care about Tess Hoffman. Some rando American does nothing for me. The Chateau Diaries is a weird and tacky train wreck. Life in an old dilapidated farm house, renovating, decorating it and the characters we actually get to know is why I still watch. Even though it’s usually done terribly, maybe because it’s done terribly. Not because of a vague American in the background.

Reactions: 17
Thanks for not attacking me. It's interesting how we all interpret things based on our own backgrounds. I truly respect your opinion. But, putting the fact that he is gay aside, I believe is not possible in a discussion. I've watched my brother and son suffer terribly due to homophobic people. for instance, passed over for promotions, turned down from condo associations, and teased mercilessly in school. It affects a person.
I do think that MPK struggles with family dynamics…His younger brother Billy marrying Gwen and taking on a more responsible role in the family, whereas MPK just appears to be unfocused and wandering. I also think MPK would like to be in a relationship, but he’s not looking in the right places.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.