Chateau Diaries #88 Nah, her turkey is coming back from the Netherlands..

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She should be adding a layer from her own time, that's exactly plumbing, heat, windows etc. 21st century comforts. Just like previous generations have added contemporary features (which were then latest fashion) to the chateau and not tried to evoke something from the past that's never been there. Lalande is a folly for her.
Yep. A very expensive folly for Fanny.

Reactions: 14
I think he should go back to a once a week video.
I hate his videos when he is at the shanty. He really can't show what is going on there anyway. It is "a whole lot of nuttin'" going on there anyway!!!!
But he seems to be there ALL THE TIME crawling up SJ's ever flaunted ass...so we may never see his own home get finished. He seems to never be at home.
You said it, why film at the chateau at all when he needs to be careful with the camera angles not to show anything 🤷‍♀️ There's no content for him there.

Reactions: 13
I don’t know why MPK’s fans don’t “get it.” He doesn’t own Begmania …he’s simply a guest there. He’s renovating a cottage he doesn’t own using other people’s money because Gwen and Billy have no interest in funding it. Instead, Gwen and Billy buy a side project (we think). I don’t think they intend to sell Begmania, but can you imagine if they did??? All this Patreon money put towards the unfinished cottage so that MPK can “live his dream” just for it to be sold… and Billy and Gwen pocket the profits!
I think they ARE going to try to sell Begmania. And then move the whole fam damily into the house of horrors including poor old grandma and grandpa.

Who do you think would like this? LOL!!!

View attachment 889220
That looks just like Phi phi.... we can't see a wee wee.

Oh. And that hedgehog is too cute. Cuter than ka ka boy.
He would name the poor little guy and then forget all about it.

I am being a real crank this morning.

I need to end this with something positive. 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
It is a sunny, crisp day here in Illinois and I am glad not to live at the Shanty with Snorts.
How's that?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Poor old Brenda G must be having 50 fits of fury....her beloved Steffanni associating with that dastardly Petherdick, even worse he's contaminating her beloved chatooo by staying there.....would love to be a fly on her wall in Ireland.......
Old Brenda kicked me out of her fangirl FB page for commenting under one of her homophobic rants about him. I just could not take it anymore so I commented depression is a serious situation (this is when MP broke up with the boyfriend) and should not be taken lightly. I have a gay son and a gay brother, and both have suffered from depression at times for the way they are treated in today's society. I also have a dear friend who even though was deployed 5 times, was given horrible grief by Army pals for being gay. A few soldiers raped her in order to take the "gay" out of her. She tried to commit suicide over it the situation was so bad. Luckily she received professional help and is happily retired from the service after 30 years with a wonderful wife.
I truly believe MP was not making some kind of money grab with his "confession video" but was first upset by the TV show cancel, then SJ threw him to the curb for snotty, so he then went looking for love and was dumped. It left him really hurting. As far as the job, (the not working situation), I believe HIS family also has money, not just Billy's wife. His father may not look it, but MP had piano lessons and is much more cultured than old Phil's could ever be. He is spoiled from it and maybe some could speculate has a substance problem...but then again, most people self-medicate instead of seeking help for depression.

Sorry for the long-winded post. And, again, I'm not sure what prompted him to make that video, but I do believe he was truly hurting.

And...finally...the Pilgrims shared a meal with the Indians...many, many times. The Pilgrims moved her to escape British religious prosecution. So, yes, it is weird the Brits now want to celebrate Thanksgiving. The 4th of July is a whole other farce of a situation.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 18
I think they ARE going to try to sell Begmania. And then move the whole fam damily into the house of horrors including poor old grandma and grandpa.
If they sell Begmania, that would have to be the nail in MPK’s Patreon coffin. And possibly YouTube, too. Maybe another reason why he’s trying to cozy up to SJ again after a long absence.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
It’s hard to believe SJ let MPK back into her circle after his humiliating crying vlog earlier this year. In front of the camera…Spewing forth his escapades in Spain, blowing his money, borrowing from SJ, and begging viewers to send cash. He even pointed people to Tattle! SJ letting him back…there must be something in it for her. At this point, I would think MPK needs her more than she needs him. I don’t see how he can go on trips with her and spend a lot of money when the cottage isn’t finished and he’s not producing regular videos. MPK just keeps going in the wrong direction and making poor choices.

And he has a haughty, douchebag look on his face in this picture.

View attachment 888464
I suspect she knows the whole Chateau Diaries act has been weird, icky and stale since Philly's arrival, growing worse since the big "romantic reveal". At the same time she thinks she and Michael have a magic spark when they're together on screen. She doesn't mind or can live with his "issues" and she thinks her fans don't know or don't care.
All you have to do is compare Michael's glamorous 2019 Thanksgiving table with floating champagne flutes and hand painted cards at each place setting with Philly's boring one dimensional grandma mish mash. Phillip is vlog general anesthesia, snorts and gross fingernails aside.

Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 9.32.33 AM.png
Screen Shot 2021-11-26 at 9.35.30 AM.png

Stephanie thrives on drama and she thinks she needs Michael to bring it back post haste.

ps I couldn't bear to actually watch Phillip's vlog, especially after Stephanie tried to con viewers there with her "broken hard drive" but I seriously doubt his "budget" option was less expensive than Michael's table setting, particularly using silver napkin rings rather than ribbons. He is a fool. And since when is wearing a hat in the house good etiquette?

• Heart
Reactions: 29
We haven't seen any guests at Begmania? There's nothing in that region that attracts tourists and since they're out of the show people have forgotten them. The chateau to meet The Methericks isn't a destination anymore. Gwen is/should be a professional and came to the conclusion their B&B will never be successful (The Fleuries were fully booked this season.) So many chateaux-verse houses on sale at the moment... These romantics have faced the cold truth. If these houses would have business potential they'd be already inhabited by the French.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Old Brenda kicked me out of her fangirl FB page for commenting under one of her homophobic rants about him. I just could not take it anymore so I commented depression is a serious situation (this is when MP broke up with the boyfriend) and should not be taken lightly. I have a gay son and a gay brother, and both have suffered from depression at times for the way they are treated in today's society. I also have a dear friend who even though was deployed 5 times, was given horrible grief by Army pals for being gay. A few soldiers raped her in order to take the "gay" out of her. She tried to commit suicide over it the situation was so bad. Luckily she received professional help and is happily retired from the service after 30 years with a wonderful wife.
I truly believe MP was not making some kind of money grab with his "confession video" but was first upset by the TV show cancel, then SJ threw him to the curb for snotty, so he then went looking for love and was dumped. It left him really hurting. As far as the job, (the not working situation), I believe HIS family also has money, not just Billy's wife. His father may not look it, but MP had piano lessons and is much more cultured than old Phil's could ever be. He is spoiled from it and maybe some could speculate has a substance problem...but then again, most people self-medicate instead of seeking help for depression.

Sorry for the long-winded post. And, again, I'm not sure what prompted him to make that video, but I do believe he was truly hurting.

And...finally...the Pilgrims shared a meal with the Indians...many, many times. The Pilgrims moved her to escape British religious prosecution. So, yes, it is weird the Brits now want to celebrate Thanksgiving. The 4th of July is a whole other farce of a situation.
Brenda kicked me out after I called her on stealing peoples artwork. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend, and what happened to her. I do feel bad for him, he was the one that started SJ's channel for her basically and then everybody and their dog started vlogging. Hopefully he's on the right track, not sure why he went mia all summer that wasn't good for his channel or patreons. I believe Andreeeeeeeeeew saw a family with money and was using him. That never made any sense. Then he left has soon has he came into the picture at the Chateau. I'm sure the rest of the family was royally ticked. If he sticks to his channel and uploads regularly he'd have a good bunch of subcribers. Myself I enjoyed the Ghost vlogs this past month. If he sticks to it, he will be fine. I believe you are right, his family also has money.

Reactions: 10
We haven't seen any guests at Begmania? There's nothing in that region that attracts tourists and since they're out of the show people have forgotten them. The chateau to meet The Methericks isn't a destination anymore. Gwen is/should be a professional and came to the conclusion their B&B will never be successful (The Fleuries were fully booked this season.) So many chateaux-verse houses on sale at the moment... These romantics have faced the cold truth. If these houses would have business potential they'd be already inhabited by the French.
Well, if they do plan to sell Begmania, that kind of makes sense why we haven’t seen any more progress on the cottage bedroom. MPK said he’d be sleeping there on Christmas Eve, which is now less than a month away. But absolutely no videos of any progress for almost a month now. If he was told the chateau would be on the market, there’s no reason for him to spend one more minute or dime on the cottage.

Billy had recently vlogged about possibly buying back the stables, but maybe that didn’t pan out …so they realize Begmania isn’t going to work out financially as a business. It’s also odd that they moved out of the chateau to accommodate non-existent guests? Maybe they’re just getting ready to show the chateau to potential buyers. I’m starting to convince myself that Begmania will be on the market!

Reactions: 19

Wow, you really dug deep to find excuses to justify/enable his behavior. The problem with MPK is that nothing's ever his fault, he's always a victim of circumstances, nasty people or bad luck. That's what the 'confession videos' were about, his immaturity and irresponsibility for his own actions. Yes, he was hurting because of his own doings and how 'the world' didn't operate as he'd have liked. It's disgusting to look at a man in his thirties who still hasn't grown up.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 26

I hear you, but MPK is a grown man and I’m tired of making excuses for his behavior. I think his first crying vlog was all about getting back at Angel Strawbridge for his “stolen design” and getting kicked off the show. His second crying vlog was a money grab for sure. If he has depression, he needs to seek professional help. That’s what mature, responsible adults do. No one forced him to put his life on camera for the world to see.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Anneliese and the boys had colds, as she said in the vlog, so probably happy not to be involved.
So wouldn't it be nice for her to have the man of the house around to take care of them (and give her a break as she's not feeling well) instead of mashing potatoes at LL

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Well, if they do plan to sell Begmania, that kind of makes sense why we haven’t seen any more progress on the cottage bedroom. MPK said he’d be sleeping there on Christmas Eve, which is now less than a month away. But absolutely no videos of any progress for almost a month now. If he was told the chateau would be on the market, there’s no reason for him to spend one more minute or dime on the cottage.

Billy had recently vlogged about possibly buying back the stables, but maybe that didn’t pan out …so they realize Begmania isn’t going to work out financially as a business. It’s also odd that they moved out of the chateau to accommodate non-existent guests? Maybe they’re just getting ready to show the chateau to potential buyers. I’m starting to convince myself that Begmania will be on the market!
Maybe we are on the right track about Begmania being silently on sale. Meanwhile MPK continues to milk his grannies in promise of a renovated cottage :sneaky:

Reactions: 14
I've come out of my Thanksgiving food coma and have a lot to catch up on! SquirrelNutkins launched his own channel? Can't wait to see more tacky place settings. I watched the CD Thanksgiving vlog and everyone was dressed in multiple layers and winter jackets. That place must be awful. MPK seemed jolly. I was hoping for a witch fight with Snorts. Oh, well, you can't have everything.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
So wouldn't it be nice for her to have the man of the house around to take care of them (and give her a break as she's not feeling well) instead of mashing potatoes at LL
Yes, point taken. He was inconsiderate and should have been smashing potatoes at his own kitchen. Still I don't see any problems in their relationship. Annalise is a catch, she would never be with Dan if he was as rotten to the bone as you suggest. I see a lot of good qualities in him. Nobody's perfect.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 17
The thing is, what is she going to merchandise from CLL? She's not creative, she just makes a bloody mess with all sorts of tat. I can't think of one thing she's actually created. She's definitely no Anna (Le Fleur) or Angel Strawbridge. Maybe she'll have snowglobes made of the outside of the CLL, be just at her age level - it would be amazing!
Unworn underwear?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10

I'm afraid I cannot agree with your opinion of Trotter.
I think he has been thoroughly indulged by his family, who have consistently bailed him out of trouble and made excuses for his appalling behaviour. I find it hard to reconcile your view that the Pethericks must have had money because MP had piano lessons. My parents were far from well off, but I had piano , violin and dance lessons. My sister had similar opportunities. The reason we had these privileges were not because my family were affluent - far from it. We had them because my dad worked long hours and our parents sacrificed a lot for us. My father gave up smoking for more than a year to be able to send me on a Guide trip to Switzerland.
Petherick believes that he is entitled to pursue a hedonistic lifestyle. I don't for a moment believe that he was hurting, other than perhaps his pride . He has a very unpleasant side to his character, which we have seen on many occasions in the vlogs. I can only imagine that if this is what we are allowed to see, what is he like off camera?
Each to their own, but putting his sexuality firmly to one side, I think that he is one of the most objectionable charactersin the chateau verse.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 38
Oliver's facial expression on last night's vlog made it patently obvious that he dislikes BJJ and he also ignored MPK. Do I detect some jealousy there? He doesn't like to think of any other man getting near his little friend from Oxford days and certainly not people much younger than he is, however gay they might appear to be. He's the only one allowed to lie on the bed with her eating chocolates! The funny thing is that he insisted on David, the chef, accompanying them to her bedroom when he painted her in bed. she was then wearing a negligee but she has worn them in full view of everyone else!

What's the betting that O was in love with SJ all those years ago but didn't have the courage to do anything about it and so he watched her marry, and get divorced from, someone else and then watched her get with Mason, M. Potts and assorted others. Now, there are others who don't even fit into his class or age range. He probably married another glamorous blonde thinking she might be like SJ but she probably turned out to be a much stronger woman! As another enabler and SJ worshipper, he would have been as toxic as BJJ is for her. She would never put up with anyone who didn't enable her and maybe that's why her husband went.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.