Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This one bit the dust awhile ago. :cry: Pets for SJ's amusement never ends well for the animals.

View attachment 811688
MAY 16, 2017
No wonder...They don't care about those poor animals at all.Seems like the "normal" hens vanished as well.I wish Tatty would say something. The peafowl don't have proper shelter and the chicken coop is a doll house not a coop.It makes me furious.

• Sick
Reactions: 15
PAID TROLL??? That's rich. I love uncovering the real truth. That is why I am here and I will happily continue to do so. FOR FREE.

Again, it is only an attempt to derail the conversation about, (Stephanie Jarvis and others), grifting, how donations are used, free labor, tax dodging and a dishonest narrative. So, Mary Parker, if you should read this, perhaps start from the first 🧵. It reads like a good novel. Enjoy.

View attachment 811381
FEBRUARY 2, 2020
Hanover County, Virginia
historichanovertavern
Thank you, @KiKiGee, for all the informations you have been provided us for months.
You are scaring me. How much do you know about me?
:LOL:
images.jpg

Thank you, @KiKiGee, for all the informations you have been provided us for months.
You are scaring me. How much do you know about me?
:LOL:
images.jpg

"..... providing ....."

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Re the concept of hired help. Living in Asia I really had to adapt my personal views re live in maids (I do not have a maid). The economies of countries like Hong Kong or Singapore are built on their adult populations working. Maternity leave is 3 months. The Phillipines greatest export is its female maid population. Indonesia also high in export maids. They send funds home, which support their own families and children. Very regulated industry - 1000 local dollars a month, plus board, medical insurance, 2 weeks paid leave and flight home every year. Many maids have a small room - the bomb shelter, or attached to laundry with their own toilet, shower facilities. For these maids this is luxury. Many maids are multi lingual, learn to cook food not of their culture, and work to strict timetables (ie 7 to 7 with breaks) and havechuge friendship or church groups. For local population their maids are with them for years, and become part of the family, often travelling with them, included in events, etc. There are exceptions, however maids are protected by law. So for Beatrice we don't know the local norms - this situation may be luxury for her, in her world.
Everything you say is very interesting and I have never had staff so do not know the realities. But I do remember watching a programme about the super rich in London and one lady in particular had a maid who also assisted with her children. The maid was interviewed and had come to live in London so she could send money home for her own children's education. They then went and interviewed her children. And the sad fact was that she had worked hard bringing up another family for many years and her own children described her as a stranger. They had no bond, although they were grateful. When they asked the employer about her maid's circumstances, she did not know anything about them. And when they asked her employer when her maid had last gone home, she could not remember.

• Sad
  • Wow
Hi Julia! Welcome to Tattle Life--a site full of love, life, and a whole lot of laughter!

Julia Gaspard
Julia Gaspard
1 minute ago
I have read (on and off) at the site since Michael Petherick mentioned it on his "I'm sad and bullied" video from February. No one has ever mentioned its name in a comment (that I've seen), but it is a super easy google find. Had Michael never mentioned it I wouldn't have a clue about it. He's taken that video down, but Stephanie made a lengthy comment on it, she reads that sight, actually it sounded like they kind of read it together at the chateau and have a good laugh about some of the comments. She really only seemed to have issue with some of the comments made about her father, which were really over the top. I have read enough there to say that is can be very mean, BUT it is also a place where there is some very very interesting critique and some absolutely hilarious humor, and in many ways they are a very caring and warm community with each other. Recently they have been talking about who has domestic help, and quite a number of them do. I don't think they are "wannabes" at all, but they are suspicious of what is shown on the vlogs, and especially disgusted by the amount someone as wealth as Stephanie is getting from the "grannies" who might not have much themselves.
Show less

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
I have been waiting for my paycheck for so long! When am I going to get paid for being a Tattler? Come on, Mr. George Soros! Where's my paycheck?
:LOL: ✌;)
Blimey, my Bank is expected to believe ANOTHER set of cheques is coming?

A set because I voted Remain.
A cheque for marching just before the big vote (19th Oct)
A set to pay for my support of Science vs horse dewormer..
Now cheques for holding Princess Pushy to standards of common logic?

I'm buying a BIG chateau when THEY show up!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Hi Julia! Welcome to Tattle Life--a site full of love, life, and a whole lot of laughter!

Julia Gaspard
Julia Gaspard
1 minute ago
I have read (on and off) at the site since Michael Petherick mentioned it on his "I'm sad and bullied" video from February. No one has ever mentioned its name in a comment (that I've seen), but it is a super easy google find. Had Michael never mentioned it I wouldn't have a clue about it. He's taken that video down, but Stephanie made a lengthy comment on it, she reads that sight, actually it sounded like they kind of read it together at the chateau and have a good laugh about some of the comments. She really only seemed to have issue with some of the comments made about her father, which were really over the top. I have read enough there to say that is can be very mean, BUT it is also a place where there is some very very interesting critique and some absolutely hilarious humor, and in many ways they are a very caring and warm community with each other. Recently they have been talking about who has domestic help, and quite a number of them do. I don't think they are "wannabes" at all, but they are suspicious of what is shown on the vlogs, and especially disgusted by the amount someone as wealth as Stephanie is getting from the "grannies" who might not have much themselves.
Show less
Love you Julia! 💕

• Heart
Reactions: 16
We’ve seen how Isabelle treats the hired white “help” on camera, I can only imagine how she might treat a black “help” off camera. Her generation of French people are not known for their equal treatment of black people. I’m speaking from experience here. Add in a cultural acceptance of maltreatment of other humans (i.e. SA and the “servant” culture) and I would hate to be a fly on the wall in Percy’s house. No matter what “luxury” @Rory may hope these people are living in compared to their origins, it is all exploitation of blacks by whites, and the reason black people are living in slums in poverty in SA is also because of white peoples treatment of them. There must be some cognitive dissonance going on to be able to live like that. I certainly could not sleep easy at night knowing another human being was sleeping on a floor in my outhouse, or utility room. Disgusting, treating people like dogs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Vive Jon L !

Jon L
1 hour ago (edited)
@Lolo Dee it's always "humorous" when it's a man, but if it's a woman being objectified it's the end of the story. I call that a double standard. I'm a huge fan of Chateau Diaries, but I don't think SJ needs a shirtless man as clickbait to get views. She has achieved huge success without it. Amaury is a hardworking bloke, showcase his work, not his body.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
You can buy drinks at some UK theatres and take them into the auditorium with you these days. I often buy a bottle of beer at my local cinema and drink it while watching the film. My husband drinks a cup of tea. Never seen glasses of champagne there though 😂☕🥂🍻
Well, most of us don't have a free income of £30K odd per month!!
They were probably in the best seats and would have had a box if not for the optics!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to be negative to anyone who has staff or cleaning help. It just is not a usual thing here in this part of midwest US. Growing up, the 'rich' kids in town had a trampoline! And their parents owned the five and dime store.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to be negative to anyone who has staff or cleaning help. It just is not a usual thing here in this part of midwest US. Growing up, the 'rich' kids in town had a trampoline! And their parents owned the five and dime store.
Not the Piggly Wiggly wibblywobbly ? ;)

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Interesting that, in the TV programme, they describe SJ as being an ex or former opera singer. I don't think there has been any evidence that she ever worked as an opera singer. She may only ever have performed on stage as a student. She may like to be described in that way although she has said she didn't go on to have a career in opera as she disliked having to perform. However, in her current life, she performs all the time, loves having an audience and loves to be the star of the show. She sings every time there is a singing workshop and warbles away at any chapel service. She also performs in the local concerts run by Cyril, the pianist. As she really does love to perform, it would suggest that the reason she did not become a professional singer was purely because she did not make the grade. I think she would have loved the adulation; the international travel, and the dressing up. Maybe she was only judged good enough for the chorus or in spear carrying roles! Just think how she has wasted her education: the years at Oxford and the years (?) training as an opera singer, just to end up destroying and "tackifying" (to coin a word!) an old, crumbling chateau; making some videos starring herself; living with a lot of rather pitiable drifters, with a partner half her age, and reliant on the money of strangers to finance her lifestyle. What an achievement!
Thing is she's a rich failure now and has achieved the fantasy life I'm sure she always dreamed of, which she wouldn't have got through being in the chorus of the opera. Money and gifts roll in, lots of holidays, designer clothes, nice meals, chateau getting tarted up. I think she would be wise to save a lot of the money, sell the chateau to an adoring rich fan, go off and lead her best lifestyle, maybe bagging a rich older man along the way. 🤔
Mmm, I must start saving up for a chateau and a camera . Tempting.

• Haha
  • Heart
Her generation of French people are not known for their equal treatment of black people.
It depends on the people - not on a generation.

In my family, parents, grand-parents, great grand-parents (all older than Isa) were not like that. Aunts and uncles more or less her age now are not like that either.

Her childhood might explain this attitude (her father was a French colonial army officer and she grew up in different French colonies) not her generation / age.
IMO

• Heart
Reactions: 8
we only saw the last bit of painting ...i guess the rest was done with ladders up the stairs..also very tacky..have to admit..i have also done some very dangerous paintingjobs in staircases...but since i went down with a ladder a few years ago i am a bit more carefull..the ladder got sliding down under me..and i went down with it..both my arms had not much skin left on them ..it was a very painfull experience...and the last week i had to go up a ladder to clean out the gutters of a cottage...i did it..but when i was standing on the ground i was still shaking..when you once had the feeling that the ladder is going down under you...your never steady on a ladder again...
With you on that one. Last time sorting pointing out and installing a new satellite dish. Shaky knees after a freak gust of wind.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 10

Julia Gaspard
Julia Gaspard
1 minute ago
Show less
nicely said, Julia! You will likely bring a lot more to our community of critique, hilarity, and warmth!!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.