Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to be clear, I wasn't trying to be negative to anyone who has staff or cleaning help. It just is not a usual thing here in this part of midwest US. Growing up, the 'rich' kids in town had a trampoline! And their parents owned the five and dime store.
I can relate to you! I can't relate to having had help! My mom took care of our home in every way, and when we were old enough we had to be up by 9:00 on Saturday morning and do our chores if we wanted to go out later with our friends. Now, I'm like, sure, I'd love not to have the work to do on top of working a job and everything else, but for me I just couldn't get used to the lack of privacy. I do not like having others in my home space.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
OK unrelated to CD how on earth does Sarah put up with the pompous George, today’s Chateau DIY sorry non Brits that haven’t seen it!

Reactions: 5
Good evening, I’ve heard there’s paid work here. Where do I apply? Do you need a cv? I’ve neither tower nor staff but would love to emulate our role model. I’ve decided to paint the inside of the chimney red - Farrow and Ball of course. I’ve negotiated with my offspring a little bribery for a few chores. So, if you’d kindly tell me who’s in charge of hiring, I’ll message them 😁👍

OK unrelated to CD how on earth does Sarah put up with the pompous George, today’s Chateau DIY sorry non Brits that haven’t seen it!
I would imagine it’s a combination of his money and tittering about how often he’s wrong! It would get me through that relationship 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Local cinema in the heart of the English countryside serves drinks (wine, spirits, anything) which you can take to your seat - served in proper glasses. Hot drinks in china mugs. I was quite surprised the first time I went after the cinema and cafe had had a revamp! Thought I'd be offered filthy, warm white wine of questionable origin in a plastic glass but a v.g. choice in a fridge., poured into a "Paris goblet". (Seriously good food, too)
We had a local cinema like that too, they also did cheese boards! Comfy sofas with coffee tables , popcorn ban and a bar open throughout. Always find a local indy, as they all seem to offer this.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
which according to them is plenty because they're currently jobless which is why they have the time to sit around and be useless)
ohhhhh ffsake ….

I cannot speak for everyone but this agent has a full life - full time job and full time sence of justice and a keen nose 👃 for bullshit

guess that prose is a rallying cry 😭 for the savage drop of …. Of their own suspect ring of chatters - whom are morally corrupt at best .

as for me my life issues - I was mortified out of my sheer existence when I collected the lotto for the second time 🤭

long live tattle as we don’t rattle
However rattled the chatelaine gets ……
And she’s shaking …. 😈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
We’ve seen how Isabelle treats the hired white “help” on camera, I can only imagine how she might treat a black “help” off camera. Her generation of French people are not known for their equal treatment of black people. I’m speaking from experience here. Add in a cultural acceptance of maltreatment of other humans (i.e. SA and the “servant” culture) and I would hate to be a fly on the wall in Percy’s house. No matter what “luxury” @Rory may hope these people are living in compared to their origins, it is all exploitation of blacks by whites, and the reason black people are living in slums in poverty in SA is also because of white peoples treatment of them. There must be some cognitive dissonance going on to be able to live like that. I certainly could not sleep easy at night knowing another human being was sleeping on a floor in my outhouse, or utility room. Disgusting, treating people like dogs.
I agree, I certainly wouldn't entertain those living/working conditions for anyone.

Though, I have 3 separate friends from SA, born and bred there, all practising Christians. One was in the SA army for 20yrs. Another built up major businesses employing mostly black people. None would have participated in such practices.

From what understand, it's a very different milieu in may ways to anything the West is familiar with. There are a number of other nuanced circumstances, factors and politics that play into the situation there. Also there are thousands of white people suffering the same slum poverty and living in shanty towns.

Reactions: 9
I can relate to you! I can't relate to having had help! My mom took care of our home in every way, and when we were old enough we had to be up by 9:00 on Saturday morning and do our chores if we wanted to go out later with our friends. Now, I'm like, sure, I'd love not to have the work to do on top of working a job and everything else, but for me I just couldn't get used to the lack of privacy. I do not like having others in my home space.
Yep, we are very alike. We had to finish Saturday morning chores before we could watch cartoons! And it just never crossed my mind to hire someone to do the icky stuff even when I had money. I still don't like people in my house. :)

Reactions: 7
I really don’t get this French wedding thing, sod everyone partying on my dime, give me a ruddy fabulous honeymoon 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Breaking news : Jill Scott is back !! I repeat : Jill Scott is back !!

M Parker
5 hours ago (edited)
Oh my gosh, the paid trolls from that silly website are back. I'm noticing as soon as anything like the tv show or Christie's is mentioned in the title of the vlog.... Herrreee they come. I must say though, I'm beginning to see the humor in a group of pple who profess to think that Stephanie and Crew aren't worth anyone's attention then spend all their free time(which according to them is plenty because they're currently jobless which is why they have the time to sit around and be useless) focused on trying to convince us Stephanie and Crew are wannabes. Well, no one wastes time on wannabes so the fact that you are spending your life sitting around getting paid (because you don't have another job currently) trying to convince us she's a wannabe literally disproves what you're saying. Silly. And as of today, I have made the vow to stop letting trolls bother me and wash my hands of them. So no more detailed comments to/about the trolls. Focusing on the joy! So fun to see the pigeon pictures in their final habitat!
Show less

Hide reply

Jill Scott
Jill Scott
5 hours ago
Well said Mary!!!!

And the Superfans are happy again (after some moments of doubts...)

Barbi Button
8 hours ago
Finally, the negative naysayers can see the work is being done on the chateau. I mean, we all know and knew but there's always those few. Hope they see this too. Great show again!! 🌺🌸🌷
We already knew. Nope not unemployed, in fact I manage a team of highly skilled people.
Yes, we have seen and no we aren't convinced.
Let's all glory in the pigeon pics stapled to the wall on a piece of ribbon-said no one ever. Well apart from those that wash their hands! Talking of which, did they ever get around to scrubbing the walls and the cupboards? Grease and greasy little fans will keep creeping out.
Why are they trolling on Tattle? Was there a point to the remark? Also was the paint job (using up what they already had) worth the amount of money paid via Patron? Was the patched up wallpaper worth that amount? Did they compare to the other Chateau who did a really good renovation job on their turret bathroom for virtually the same amount as the wallpaper cost?
Nope.
PS. For those of us who work, we have a device which records things so we can watch at our leisure. We don't assume they're dried up spinsters getting their knickers in a twist if they don’t assume we're jobless layabouts.
We also don't assume they crochet squirrel thongs. 🧐

• Heart
Reactions: 27
They're back to the "paid trolls" again? Maybe we need to look into this. If Tattlers are meant to be paid, where is the cash? Has someone been fiddling the books? Can you shed any light on this Jill Scott? Wouldn't this constitute fraud?
The superfans have missed you Jill. Were you unavoidably detained again?

Quick reminder for any superfans lurking here:

Former chartered accountant Jillian Rosemarie Scott was sentenced to 6 months Community detention, 300 hours community work when she appeared in the Hamilton District Court on April 5. She was ordered to pay $53,000 in reparation which was on top of the $45,000 paid prior to sentencing.

Over a 6-year period, Scott and two of her brothers set up a complex scheme to evade taxes and obtain fraudulent refunds from Inland Revenue. They set up limited companies, charitable trusts and societies, which were then used to buy houses and claim GST refunds.

They also used the entities to make it look like they were making charitable donations and claimed charitable donation rebates. Altogether Jillian Scott claimed $101,366.00 and received $88,879.57 in various refunds. The charges against brothers Lindsay and Roger Scott have still to be heard.

This really grinds my gears.

Now we can understand how Ms Scott enjoys, condones and encourages grifting.

What a brass neck she has to call us out for anything.

Go away Miss Scott. Running protection for online grifters is not what they meant by community service!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Selmar has a new flog up. Ruby and Diesel are sweet together. That is the only nice thing I can say. Selmar is working at the other location (the farm), making crap. :eek:
Not sure how long that gate is going to last .... Was that just earth/pebbles or actual cement in those post holes after all that hot digging?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
We already knew. Nope not unemployed, in fact I manage a team of highly skilled people.
Yes, we have seen and no we aren't convinced.
Let's all glory in the pigeon pics stapled to the wall on a piece of ribbon-said no one ever. Well apart from those that wash their hands! Talking of which, did they ever get around to scrubbing the walls and the cupboards? Grease and greasy little fans will keep creeping out.
Why are they trolling on Tattle? Was there a point to the remark? Also was the paint job (using up what they already had) worth the amount of money paid via Patron? Was the patched up wallpaper worth that amount? Did they compare to the other Chateau who did a really good renovation job on their turret bathroom for virtually the same amount as the wallpaper cost?
Nope.
PS. For those of us who work, we have a device which records things so we can watch at our leisure. We don't assume they're dried up spinsters getting their knickers in a twist if they don’t assume we're jobless layabouts.
We also don't assume they crochet squirrel thongs. 🧐
... unemployed? 🤣:LOL: What's that? Never been unemployed in my life. I run a highly successful business and I'm overloaded with work ... too many satisfied customers! :)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.