Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Marie is looking round a restaurant on her Instagram today. I wonder if her flatmate the chef, is working there? Maybe she can do florals for them? She should do well in Haworth. It's got a bit of an alternative community, Hebden Bridge further down the valley is a very alternative place, Todmorden, Heptonstall too.Lots of hippies, creatives and hipsters. Cottagecore is popular here. Halifax has some arty folk too.
I'm not being sarcastic, I think Marie's natural, foraged, shabby chic style of flower arrangement will go down well in this area of Yorkshire. She could finally find her niche. Can she hack it though? Can she cope on her own without Lalande? Will she get decent thermals for the winter she'll have to face?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
The coving is holding everything up. There's a delay getting it, and SJ explained in the Q&A that the toilet, sink and shower can't be installed till the coving is done as space is needed for a ladder (to put up the coving). This downstairs loo will drag on and on.
At first read, I thought you meant that the coving was literally holding everything up… and that made sense🤣! (Still does)

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Marie is looking round a restaurant on her Instagram today. I wonder if her flatmate the chef, is working there? Maybe she can do florals for them? She should do well in Haworth. It's got a bit of an alternative community, Hebden Bridge further down the valley is a very alternative place, Todmorden, Heptonstall too.Lots of hippies, creatives and hipsters. Cottagecore is popular here. Halifax has some arty folk too.
I'm not being sarcastic, I think Marie's natural, foraged, shabby chic style of flower arrangement will go down well in this area of Yorkshire. She could finally find her niche. Can she hack it though? Can she cope on her own without Lalande? Will she get decent thermals for the winter she'll have to face?
I presume being Norwegian she’ll understand cold weather!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Is this the Celeste lady from the live chat? I must say I did actually do a little shock jump when she just appeared on camera as I wasn't expecting anyone so close up...I do like the colour of her scarf and matching glasses..
Such an oversight in editing… at least she didn’t have a mouth full of food!

Reactions: 6
Still here, don't be sad! Hope you are soon feeling better. 💋 (y):giggle::coffee: Life has its ups and downs, look after yourself. I enjoy Tattle and it is great to see funny comments by people one has gotten used to, but it seems as well that some get themselves a new name ! So they might still be here, under cover! :LOL: Wishing you all the best, stay with us and chin up! 💋(y)
😆😂 I hadn't seen your new profile pic 'til now and almost spit out my coffee laughing!! <3

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I understand that too. I speak French and live near some French Canadian communities. When here it's easier to lean into the local French Canadian accent. There are many accents in Quebec, my mother brought me up with a less pronounced Quebec accent (it's a bit more "neutral" compared to some heavy Quebec accents). But if I'm in an area that has a heavier accent, it kind of works better to lean in to the back of the local accent.
When I've travelled to France, I definitely wouldn't speak with a heavy Quebec accent. (Also, some of the words are used differently so I try to remember that too.) The longer I'm there, the more my accent changes to try and speak like those around me. It just helps ensure I'm understood. I've been told while I'm traveling that some people have a really hard time understanding people from Canada who speak French (probably depending on what French Canadian accent they have), but i never had an issue and have been complimented on my French. So i take it as a win for adapting accents to where you are.

I'm also learning Italian... Which, I can't recognize one regional accent to the next. But while learning Im told you have to really lean into the exaggerated Italian sounds to make it work. So far so good....
I wish I could do the same...

But when I speak to people where I live (in english), they look at me and ask : "Oh but you are French ?"

Frankly, I don't understand how they know it ! 😅😅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 9
I’ve temporarily change my avatar to SSB and that ‘pink phone’… what she sees, what we see and what ‘it’ sees. I think you get the idea!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Another face-plant. I do find it interesting that he is trying to erase his time in France.
Life of Ryan
Oct 13, 2021
Thailand is finally opening on November 1st according to the Prime Minister, great news for the tourism industry and for many people around the world!

steve bridgman
15 hours ago
Ryan, before you go to get many people excited about coming here to Thailand please give your viewers the correct information. Although the Prime Minister announced on the tv that Thailand will be open from November 1st, both you and your viewers should be aware that this is a suggestion made by him. He doesn’t have the authority to make that decision. Today ( Thursday 14th ) there is a meeting of the ccsa and the outcome of the meeting will then be passed to the cabinet to approve or not. ( Please note the ccsa and the cabinet have the power to reject the Prime Minister’s suggestion!! ) If it is approved it then has to appear in the Royal Gazette. I have lived here in Khao Lak for 8 years now and this is not the first time I have seen this situation regarding Government statements and the protocol of getting them passed. Remember this is Thailand they only look at today never plan or look at the future. That’s the thai people and how they are. My wife is the same and all of her family and friends all the same. So I will just say to your viewers please wait for the final announcement before you book for your holiday. ( It could all change overnight)

steve bridgman
15 hours ago
Another point to mention is about the certificate of entry ( coe) This there has been no talk about. Only talk about no quarantine. The coe is causing problems for some people because they are not being issued to people for one reason or another. Also I have told it’s quite a complicated process to apply for and can take up to 4 weeks to be issued from the Embassy. Until it is done away with this will put people off coming. Probably many of your viewers are not aware of this Certificate of Entry.
Life of Ryan
12 hours ago
Hi Steve! You're right, I should have gone into more detail about the COE and other requirements. Sorry about that. 4 weeks seems abnormally long to get the COE, mine took just 5 days! Perhaps it depends on how backlogged the Embassy is. Even though I didn't have to wait long for mine, it was still a stressful process. Thanks for watching and next time I'll do better when giving information

bell4902
15 hours ago
So sad you deleted every video of France. I was planning on using them as guides when I visited. I guess this means your never going back. I know your parents and family are missing you.

• Wow
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I forgot to mention the cider with cheese :eek: in their latest vlog...

No, no PhiPhi... That's pure heresy !

With cheese, always drink RED wine. Certainly no cider !

But that's OK : you had no French guests at your table (as usual...)

And anyway Steph said "Oh cider with cheese, I loooove it !".

Question you should ask yourself, PhiPhi : was she genuinely sincere with you ? Think of it :devilish:

• Heart
Reactions: 13
This commentary 🔥

Take the Tour | Manor & Maker
Oct 12, 2021

His New Life
45 minutes ago
I hope you will do the proper research before "decorating" what your idea is of a chateau. Find appropriate colors and finishes for the period of the building, rather than a fantasy version of what a little girl dreams of the Petit Trianon, which is not related in the least to your building. Also, resist the temptation to refer to your viewers as "guys". It seems every vlogger says, "hi guys" and "bye guys" on YouTube. Very tacky. Finally, why is every person and their cousin doing a chateau channel and copying Stefanie Jarvis? The same narrative intro etc. blah blah blah. I realize everyone wants that gushing old lady American money fan base and gifts of endless scarves, pillows and chocolates and letters that she gets but, do something unique and original. And do this building properly. I dont think people realize that ty do not possess the taste to own a chateau, which is fine but consult with a professional who does. So many people are buying these houses and ruining them, with their very bad taste and limited ability.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
This commentary 🔥

Oct 12, 2021

His New Life
45 minutes ago
I hope you will do the proper research before "decorating" what your idea is of a chateau. Find appropriate colors and finishes for the period of the building, rather than a fantasy version of what a little girl dreams of the Petit Trianon, which is not related in the least to your building. Also, resist the temptation to refer to your viewers as "guys". It seems every vlogger says, "hi guys" and "bye guys" on YouTube. Very tacky. Finally, why is every person and their cousin doing a chateau channel and copying Stefanie Jarvis? The same narrative intro etc. blah blah blah. I realize everyone wants that gushing old lady American money fan base and gifts of endless scarves, pillows and chocolates and letters that she gets but, do something unique and original. And do this building properly. I dont think people realize that ty do not possess the taste to own a chateau, which is fine but consult with a professional who does. So many people are buying these houses and ruining them, with their very bad taste and limited ability.
I can’t say that I disagree!

Wouldn’t it be funny if these chateau owners hired a decorator and said “I want my chateau to look like THIS!”

292E82C0-3A79-4950-B35C-0995B3D73F7A.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 24
He just reminds me of my little brother, talented and capable of earning a good living, loves a party, drinks too much, can’t keep a partner and maintain a happy healthy relationship with them, family and friends pick up the piece, support and care for him when it all goes pear shaped. A lovable person that just can’t hold it all together. I hope he makes it as my goodness he is a mess at the moment and it must be terrible for his family to watch the rollercoaster of his life. They can’t save him, he has to do it himself, I hope he does read tattle sees this and gets some professional help.
This brought back some bitter memories for me... In my case it's my uncle and unfortunately he ended up pissing away all his considerable wealth on random girls and booze and parties... and now in his old age is dependant on the family (who love him very much and would do anything for him)

With all the things we say about MPK and how much he infuriates me, I really do hope a better future for him.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This commentary 🔥

Oct 12, 2021

His New Life
45 minutes ago
His New Life is my New Best Friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.