Chateau Diaries #74 Only Posh indoor staff get invited to Disney (hehehehe)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From yesterday's late CD live chat...

The fans were very confused. šŸ¤Ŗ

Cindy Fleer Has anyone else been having the problem of the announcement of the Premier does not come up until a few moments before the actual time? Iā€™ve noticed mind doing that lately.
Jenny Willow Having seen this on TV today it will be interesting to see Stephanie 's footage
Sarah Yates @Philip Janssen have the times changed of the vlogs hun? I keep missing them xx
Philip Janssen @Sarah Yates They havenā€™t! But weā€™ve had some issues uploading in London /:

Every live chat, SJ enlist a past guest of Lalande. Kenneth gifted Philip with the transparent hazmat blazer.
Philip is referring (again) to themselves as WE, when commenting on future plans for the hallway.

Kenneth Dimmick Hello dear friends.... greetings from Texas
Kenneth Dimmick Lets not forget to hit the LIKE button.
Kenneth Dimmick @Philip Janssen hello. Hope you are enjoying London.
Philip Janssen @kenneth Dimmick I am, thank you!
Kenneth Dimmick @the Chateau Diaries when were these filmed? Many months ago?
Philip Janssen @CA Garden @kenneth Dimmick The summer of 2019! :)
Philip Janssen @kenneth Dimmick @CA Garden Oops! The summer of *2020!
Kenneth Dimmick @Philip Janssen you are forgiven. Whats a year, anyway?
Jon LAh! Thanks, @Philip Janssen ! I'm guessing before you came along.
Philip Janssen @Jon L It was just before I arrived :)
Philip Janssen @Debbie Mollison Steph bought them from Reinhart, her fashion designer friend :)
Linda Elliott@ Philip Janssen I so remember that particular log and wondered what Steph would ever do with all those pigeons
Philip Janssen @Linda Elliott I then found another box full of the remaining pigeon pictures in the stables . Weā€™re discussing ā€œPigeon Corridor
Oh the joy!, "Pigeon Corridor"! šŸ‘ā¤
Well I like it anyway. šŸ˜

• Haha
Reactions: 12
are we Tattlers mass hallucinating theirs ridiculous behaviors?
You can buy drinks at some UK theatres and take them into the auditorium with you these days. I often buy a bottle of beer at my local cinema and drink it while watching the film. My husband drinks a cup of tea. Never seen glasses of champagne there though šŸ˜‚ā˜•šŸ„‚šŸ»

• Wow
Reactions: 9
For those not in the UK, here are YouTube links for the two Chateau DIY episodes Stephanie was on this week:

Wondering if the ferns are already deadā€¦canā€™t imagine any of them constantly doing the misting ferns require! What a wasteā€¦

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
They're back to the "paid trolls" again? Maybe we need to look into this. If Tattlers are meant to be paid, where is the cash? Has someone been fiddling the books? Can you shed any light on this Jill Scott? Wouldn't this constitute fraud?
The superfans have missed you Jill. Were you unavoidably detained again?
slay girl slay

• Heart
  • Haha
You can buy drinks at some UK theatres and take them into the auditorium with you these days. I often buy a bottle of beer at my local cinema and drink it while watching the film. My husband drinks a cup of tea. Never seen glasses of champagne there though šŸ˜‚ā˜•šŸ„‚šŸ»
was speaking more generally about their behavior

however, during a musical they have sticky drinks in the theatre? our facilities donā€™t allow this in the actual theatre space because 1) spillage and 2) disrespectful to actors to be slurping a drink during their performance

(I am not including small performance spaces like where you might see a comedian just big theatres where one would see a ā€œBroadwayā€œ show))

movie theatres are a different animal (although it still skeeves me at thought of food and drink thrown on the floors and not cleaned up between showings)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
heā€™s the guy painting the frames in last nights vlog-interior designer apparently
was speaking more generally about their behavior

however, during a musical they have sticky drinks in the theatre? our facilities donā€™t allow this in the actual theatre space because 1) spillage and 2) disrespectful to actors to be slurping a drink during their performance

(I am not including small performance spaces like where you might see a comedian just big theatres where one would see a ā€œBroadwayā€œ show))

movie theatres are a different animal (although it still skeeves me at thought of food and drink thrown on the floors and not cleaned up between showings)
We have small theatres in the UK which are more like nightclubs where you sit at the table and have food and drinks. I go to one where you are given a light meal, one course, in the interval. You turn your chair around to watch when the performance starts again. You can buy drinks to watch the performance with at the start of the show and the interval. The theatres must feel the cleaning is worth it. They have to clean more thoroughly for Covid requirements. Tickets are quite expensive, so I think theatres and cinemas are doing everything they can to attract people back after the long closures. They need to make up the money they lost.
My pet hate is popcorn in the cinema. I love popcorn, but the crunching and scrabbling in the pack that people do drives me mad šŸæšŸ˜‚
I've never noticed anyone slurping in the theatre. I don't tend to go to the big London musicals but I have heard some allow you to take drinks into the auditorium now.[/QUOTE]

• Heart
Reactions: 6
The fans are so confused that SJ had to bring in reinforcements???? Things are not going well. šŸ¤Ŗ

Dana _CK
Dana _CK
4 hours ago
What a throwback to our amazing adventure two years ago, ā€œDĆ©filĆ© Haute Couture en Mode Musique Classiqueā€, the successful catwalk at La Grange aux pianos (episode 067 )with Cyril HuvĆ© and Reinhardt Luthier , the original owner of the pigeons collection. This outstanding collection, we have discovered during the big sale at Reinhardtā€™s atelier (episode 069). Reinhardt was literally honoured to sale the collection to Stephanie knowing sheā€™ll make the best of it at La Lande, and she did šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

Miss Dana further stated: Stephanie knowing and appreciating the importance of the pigeons collection promptly stored it in the barn uncovered so as to allow all fowl in the vicinity of Chateau Shitland to visit and admire the works and to leave their own comments all over these great works

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
heā€™s the guy painting the frames in last nights vlog-interior designer apparently
Hash is/was a friend/volunteer who came over to quote some carpentry work for the china cabinet - and who worked at Lalande as a volunteer as well. The idea was to get him do the carpentry job for the china cabinet.

After he left Lalande, our Chatelaine told her viewers that his quotes were too expensive. Since this statement, we haven't heard of him.

Reactions: 13
Hash is/was a friend/volunteer who came over to quote some carpentry work for the china cabinet - and who worked at Lalande as a volunteer as well. The idea was to get him do the carpentry job for the china cabinet.

After he left Lalande, our Chatelaine told her viewers that his quotes were too expensive. Since this statement, we haven't heard of him.
I think he worked for one of those bespoke cabinet companies, and was trying to sell its products rather than actually making them himself, but I could be wrong? Stephanie was initially keen till she saw the quote.

Reactions: 13
Quick reminder for any superfans lurking here:
Birds of a feather as they say (Jill Scott & other fans?) Not only peacocks and pigeons poo!! (Thread title?)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
MPK and Billy Speilberg really have no clue (about anything really...)

Even I had heard of this controversy :

Dan E-J
2 hours ago (edited)
I don't mean to be a downer, but Starlink is VERY controversial. It'll actually alter the night sky for the first time in the history of earth. It'll also make scientific discoveries of space and space-time very hard. It'll be like a very large dead bird blocking the view out of our windscreen to the universe. And the worst thing is that it has the possibility of crashing into the other space junk. There's huge amounts up there, and if a chain reaction of explosions, and "shrapnel", spin out of control, we will have not only no more space exploration, but any of the benefits of satellites. Telecommunications, TV, phones, weather forecasts, GPS... it goes on. Elon Musk has over stepped the mark on this.
Show less

Werner D
11 hours ago
When Elon gets all his satellites up any rockets going up are going to have to watch out for them especially since they are not geosynchronous.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
I think he worked for one of those bespoke cabinet companies, and was trying to sell its products rather than actually making them himself, but I could be wrong? Stephanie was initially keen till she saw the quote.
The only quote thatā€™s palatable to SJ:

7D0CFDD9-36B1-4972-99C5-18AD717B2754.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
Wondering if the ferns are already deadā€¦canā€™t imagine any of them constantly doing the misting ferns require! What a wasteā€¦
And they are immediately in front of the expensive wallpaper, right up against it, so if they do mist or water them, the chances are that the wallpaper will be wet as well, and, of course, with all the leaks from radiators coming through the ceilings, all the expensive wallpaper on the ground floor may be affected anayway! SJ knows very well how to waste money. It's similar to the cashmere clothes being attacked by moths. She spends her money on some very expensive things but then never takes proper care of them. It's the same as installing chandeliers in rooms before painting and doing building work. She does the icing before making the cake! It all goes to prove that the main rush of joy and excitement is at the time of purchase and the initial installation.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
M Parker
5 hours ago (edited)
Oh my gosh, the paid trolls from that silly website are back. I'm noticing as soon as anything like the tv show or Christie's is mentioned in the title of the vlog.... Herrreee they come. I must say though, I'm beginning to see the humor in a group of pple who profess to think that Stephanie and Crew aren't worth anyone's attention then spend all their free time(which according to them is plenty because they're currently jobless which is why they have the time to sit around and be useless) focused on trying to convince us Stephanie and Crew are wannabes. Well, no one wastes time on wannabes so the fact that you are spending your life sitting around getting paid (because you don't have another job currently) trying to convince us she's a wannabe literally disproves what you're saying. Silly. And as of today, I have made the vow to stop letting trolls bother me and wash my hands of them. So no more detailed comments to/about the trolls. Focusing on the joy! So fun to see the pigeon pictures in their final habitat!
So, the superfans who wait for hours in the livechat before the premiere... non?! Well, M Parker, I see the humour in that too... šŸ˜ šŸ¤­

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
however, during a musical they have sticky drinks in the theatre?
It also looks as if the champagne was in real glasses which is not normally allowed in the auditorium, but hey, these are Lalanders and rules do not apply to them. If I'd been behind them, I'd have felt like knocking her phone out of her hand if she filmed me!

So we are paid jobless people, are we? That sounds good to me, I must find out more about how exactly that works! Is it actually tax-free too? It sounds rather like being a chateau owner!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
MPK and Billy Speilberg really have no clue (about anything really...)

Even I had heard of this controversy :

Dan E-J
2 hours ago (edited)
I don't mean to be a downer, but Starlink is VERY controversial. It'll actually alter the night sky for the first time in the history of earth. It'll also make scientific discoveries of space and space-time very hard. It'll be like a very large dead bird blocking the view out of our windscreen to the universe. And the worst thing is that it has the possibility of crashing into the other space junk. There's huge amounts up there, and if a chain reaction of explosions, and "shrapnel", spin out of control, we will have not only no more space exploration, but any of the benefits of satellites. Telecommunications, TV, phones, weather forecasts, GPS... it goes on. Elon Musk has over stepped the mark on this.
Show less

Werner D
11 hours ago
When Elon gets all his satellites up any rockets going up are going to have to watch out for them especially since they are not geosynchronous.
Yes, I had read about this issue, too. It really is seriousā€¦and could cause a lot of problems for years to come. Iā€™m probably not going to be very popular when I say thisā€¦but Iā€™m not a big fan of Elon Musk.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
It also looks as if the champagne was in real glasses which is not normally allowed in the auditorium, but hey, these are Lalanders and rules do not apply to them. If I'd been behind them, I'd have felt like knocking her phone out of her hand if she filmed me!
Actually, people can not know if she's filming them behind her as most of (normal) people don't film themselves in selfie mode but film what is in front of them (especially if they speak at the same time and if they don't look like 14 year-old teenagers !)...

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.