Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
Yes , her previous income did come only from her London airbnb flat. I wonder how much she charges pernight for her flat. she also might have some savings from her short lived singing career and some leftover inheritance
She only started renting out her London flat a couple of years ago. She did used to rent out her mother's house in South Africa, as did IJ herself, they had separate agents for it and when it was rented out through her agent SJ could keep the money. She made more from that than IJ ever did. There were never any savings and most certainly not from any singing career: she never sang professionally and sure as hell did not make any money with it either. I would also very much doubt there was left over inheritance, because she never has left over money. Basically, what she lived on before YouTube and Patreon was whatever people gave her, so the only difference with the current income is that there are a lot more people chipping in and they are relatives nor friends. Her lifestyle is pretty much the same though.

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
The reappearance of the issue of the world wide real estate owned by the Jarvisses has made me think of two other hazinesses in her story lately: her main bank account being British and her sudden need for a carte de sejour, when she should have had her French passport by now.
The French tax system taxes real estate wealth through IFI, which has replaced the solidarity wealth tax (ISF) since January 2018. One is liable for this tax if the net value of your property worldwide exceeds 1,300,000 euros. With just her London flat and the HMN she would definitely be liable for it, but: if you do not live in France, only real estate located in France is taken into account, which is probably also why they are trying to keep HMN’s actual value as low as possible, not increased over the years since they bought the place despite the work done to it and not even taken inflation into account.
Claiming to be a British citizen, owning a holiday home in France (HMN) and spend time there through a carte de sejour instead of a passport (which would imply citizenship) and using a British bank account she is clearly avoiding this tax, which rate varies between 0.50% and 1.50% of the declared value every year. Her multiple trips also play into this narrative of only using the HMN as a holiday home.
It is up to you to decide whether or not to declare your assets to the IFI. However, and SJ should pay close attention: if the tax authorities decide that you are subject to this wealth tax nevertheless, they have the right to collect the arrears with penalties over the previous TEN years. Maybe she should inform her patrons of the risks she is taking with their money?
It might even explain her totally vague timeline in her vlogs. Even though it would be easy to fix that, she needs it to be as vague as possible, to maintain a story of not being there when she was....

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 28

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
CD latest vlog...

Our Chatelaine saying her favorite sentence : "First thing in the morning..." Well everybody else is already dressed and busy while the clock in the kitchen marks 10.30 !

2. Speaking of dirty places... Have you noticed the mess on the floor behind Tatyana showing her boots ? (3.29 mn) ? :eek:

3. The Cif liquid just beside the food and the cooking ustensils is a big no no. :sick:

4. Marie Antoinette in her garden with her court jester : "It IS mag - ni - fi - cent" whatever she discovers in the garden...

5. OMG the clothes she found at Emmaus !! All nylon or acrylic looking like the 80's or 70's. Noooooo !

6. PhiPhi needs some training in zooming. I feel seasick.

7 . Do they REALLY want to hang paintings on a 18th century panelling that she paid a fortune for ? With holes and all that ?? Unbelievable !! :eek:

8. The paying guests (especially the Lalande couple) all look like hysterical people. Do they want to copy the Chatelaine to fit in ?

Conclusion : I can't watch a CD vlog anymore without noticing all what is wrong with the Lalande clique (don't make me start about PhiPhi presence in each of the segments of this vlog).

• Heart

Beau Monde

VIP Member
Did anyone catch SJ saying she might name the three surviving (thus far) peachicks Life, Love and Laughter? LOL! My suggestion: Badger Snack, Hawk Dinner and Fox Dessert.

• Haha
  • Heart

Clara Burnett

VIP Member
I don't imagine that Percy was struggling to make ends meet!
Percy paid for IJ's newly build apartment at the HMN. He is loaded.

Stephanie and Philip are not an item. He is clearly a gay man. They are besties.
Wait...he's gay? Maybe you should tell that to SJ!

She's already exposed herself by lying numerous times to her patreons and viewers with her sob stories about being broke for over a decade. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if daddy left her a big chunk of change after he passed away. She's not as smart as she thinks.
Exactly. She has never been poor or truly in need. She has enough money not to ever have to work and still be able to live in her HMN. The money she adds now with her vlogs is a surplus, an extravagant surplus.

Sleeping in her bedroom is just speculation though, honestly.
Speculation for you, maybe. But let's move on. This has all been discussed over and over again. I personally can't wait for the sad pictures of her heartbreak when he's gone. Because THAT she will share, obviously.

I wonder if the Orient Express trip is off the cards now? Wasn't that meant to be in October?
I doubt that will be happening. Have not heard about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

TheTaxInspector

VIP Member
I sometimes wonder what the world would be like

Without SJ, Ryan, Billy and Crybaby Mike

There’d be no laughter and no poking fun

We need them like plants need water and the sun

Let’s hope they keep on floggin' for years to come

Cos I just love using those words: loser and bum! 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Rory

VIP Member
Another thing I found weird in the patreon video - actually 2
1. Her aspiration of more work with Christies being to create videos of the history of the objects for sale. Don't Christies already have teams of experts who resesrch the articles and write reports on them for the auctions? Would she arrive to film with her pink phone to do this work?

2. When she listed all the people who she pays - Natti, Anne Marie, Dan, Kirsty, Phillip, Selmar, Ian and staff, Matt and staff - that is everyone who is in her life regularly. So she is paying people to work for her and be her companions? That can be awkward.

• Heart

LaFrancaise123

VIP Member
Not sure that her answer will help our Chatelaine's image...

darlene g
17 hours agoi thought the flat in England was sold to purchase the chateau (?)

Jacqueline Reynolds
13 hours ago
No that was a bigger flat.

Anyway, her image is already a bit damaged..

.Jennifer R
19 hours ago (edited)Stephanie, not much left to the imagination standing on scaffolding and in front of windows in dresses.

Re. M Parker's comment copied here yesterday :

It has been deleted - and I suspect by our Chatelaine herself (she answered 2 comments about her wallpaper's name last night).

More nice comments :

Ruthann W
1 day ago
Why does Phillip go everywhere with you ?

Hide 8 replies
Vino
1 day agoMme is not a feminist. When out socially, she likes an "arm-piece."

Laura Kelly
1 day agoHe works for her.

M K
1 day agoBecause he works for her? He’s her camera man and they’re filming stuff for the Advent videos in advance in London. And of course they’ve clearly become close friends over the past year. Strange how you feel the need to question their choices of how they do life and work 🤷🏼‍♀️

Josh R
1 day ago @M K It seems to me that Ruthann only asked a question and you somehow feel its your duty to read something into it and be bitchy.

M K
1 day ago (edited) @Josh R is that so? My understanding of this comment-thread is the exact reverse of that. It might be hard to guess the tone of these comments therefore the intentions behind them but the double question mark at the end is a pretty good indicator.

Josh R
1 day ago (edited) @M K Even if this comment is the exact reverse of what they mean, this question was still being asked of the content creator 'Stephanie Jarvis' not of you. Youtube can be interesting when you spot those certain individuals who have become over invested and think they are the protectors and public relations arm of the channel

M K
1 day ago
@Josh R and look who just responded to an answer written to Ruthann? And look who just ‘made YouTube interesting’ by being over invested in public relations arm of the commenters? This was literally the first time I’ve ever commented on this channel so perhaps the bitchiness and the over investment labels are a far cry, wouldn’t you agree? Perhaps it’s time you pause and reflect and recognise you’re criticising something in a complete stranger that in reality you’re actually doing yourself.
Show less

Melanie S
14 hours ago
They are in a relationship.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick

Arfarf

VIP Member
From my perspective, I don't feel entitled to know about her private life. I certainly didn't ask for nor want to know about MP's private affairs, and if SJ is smart, she'll not expose herself as he did to ridicule and condescension. Yes, I get it, that's the tattler's bread and butter, but it's not information we, as consumers of the product she's putting out, are due.
I disagree only because she throws Poodle in our faces at every opportunity. He sits at the head table and is served by the likes of Al, Selmar, Frk...Cat.....why?????
He goes around the world with her. Why???
He sleeps in her bedroom. Why????

Oh yeah....he is her camera "man".
Bullshit.

I am with Heathcliff on this one.
Say it ain't so....clear it up.
If SJ just said "Phyllis is the 9 year old girlfriend I never had"....but we are NOT romantic....
I MIGHT be able to tolerate his never ending presence a little better.

• Heart
  • Haha

Heathcliffe

VIP Member
Right, so now we've seen their shag pad...now listen, if she was not involved with Phillip, why on earth would she not say " I want to set things right as there has been so much speculation, Phillip and I are best friends, no more than that". Also, did not a trip with Mason suddenly fall off the list? She has on one or perhaps two occasions visited Phillip's parents! She would not do that with just anyone. I think it is more in what they do NOT say than what they say. They are avoiding the question to such an extent that there has to be a reason why. They want time to develop their relationship without pressure. Phillip suddenly has this important role in the house, and it is all "we". I am quite tempted to get an answer, I have to admit...but that would be creepy! :ROFLMAO: There is a limit. When I want things done I usually just pay someone, I am so tempted to do just that. I better get back to work and real life! Have a splendid day everyone, keep on Tattling!

KyBourbon

VIP Member
That's how I found Tattle too! My first thought was what is this site and what are people saying?!?
Yes…MPK has done more to advertise Tattle than any professional ad firm could have done! He just couldn’t keep his mouth shut…he can’t help but pull the old “pity me” card.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
She's great and somehow reminds me of Ms Hughes of Downton abbey (vs the flaky Cora equivalent SJ?)
Josie is a cross between Mrs. Patmore and Mrs. Hughes, able to talk back to and even contradict her ladyship!

Hey Stef, just watched the latest vlog. Here's a little tip, STOP SHOWING SIR SNORTSALOT! He brings nothing to the vlogs anymore, especially since the arrival of real adults (ie Amoury) to Lalande. You know, people who actually do some work. Maybe on the way back from London, you can drop him off at his nans. Oh, and don't forget to make him take that hideous Cockrel vase with him.
We wish! But the Support Squirrel is investing his own money on furniture and items for the chateau more and more.

cd120.png

And he's smug enough to tell his princess, "whose amazing idea was that?" In his mind, he is a co-owner!

• Haha
  • Sick
Take in an Upper East Side NYC moment.
Waiting for the fiancee at the coffee shop where we first met so we could go to the temple together for Shabbat.

ues afternoon.jpg

@MojoDublin Those shots are amazing! What's your cocktail tonight?

• Heart

MsPitstop

VIP Member
So, the reason Tatyana is wearing those costumes every day is because she intends to sell them if/when they organise festivals. She did not say whether she or someone else makes them but she is clearly taking the opportunity now to show/advertise them on the CD. Yes, she definitely used Selmar for the purpose of getting there and being seen on the vlogs, despite being very quiet most of the time!

So, SJ and PJ will be seeing Cat to celebrate her birthday in London.
Tatty was not very subtle about the plug for those fuggly clothes. How many times in a minute did she say "they are reasonably priced"? Hey SJ, you grifter, meet Tatty, a hippy grifter.

• Haha
  • Sick

Gibson

VIP Member
Breaking news : Jill Scott is back !! I repeat : Jill Scott is back !!

M Parker
5 hours ago (edited)
Oh my gosh, the paid trolls from that silly website are back. I'm noticing as soon as anything like the tv show or Christie's is mentioned in the title of the vlog.... Herrreee they come. I must say though, I'm beginning to see the humor in a group of pple who profess to think that Stephanie and Crew aren't worth anyone's attention then spend all their free time(which according to them is plenty because they're currently jobless which is why they have the time to sit around and be useless) focused on trying to convince us Stephanie and Crew are wannabes. Well, no one wastes time on wannabes so the fact that you are spending your life sitting around getting paid (because you don't have another job currently) trying to convince us she's a wannabe literally disproves what you're saying. Silly. And as of today, I have made the vow to stop letting trolls bother me and wash my hands of them. So no more detailed comments to/about the trolls. Focusing on the joy! So fun to see the pigeon pictures in their final habitat!
Show less

Hide reply

Jill Scott
Jill Scott
5 hours ago
Well said Mary!!!!

And the Superfans are happy again (after some moments of doubts...)

Barbi Button
8 hours ago
Finally, the negative naysayers can see the work is being done on the chateau. I mean, we all know and knew but there's always those few. Hope they see this too. Great show again!! 🌺🌸🌷
We already knew. Nope not unemployed, in fact I manage a team of highly skilled people.
Yes, we have seen and no we aren't convinced.
Let's all glory in the pigeon pics stapled to the wall on a piece of ribbon-said no one ever. Well apart from those that wash their hands! Talking of which, did they ever get around to scrubbing the walls and the cupboards? Grease and greasy little fans will keep creeping out.
Why are they trolling on Tattle? Was there a point to the remark? Also was the paint job (using up what they already had) worth the amount of money paid via Patron? Was the patched up wallpaper worth that amount? Did they compare to the other Chateau who did a really good renovation job on their turret bathroom for virtually the same amount as the wallpaper cost?
Nope.
PS. For those of us who work, we have a device which records things so we can watch at our leisure. We don't assume they're dried up spinsters getting their knickers in a twist if they don’t assume we're jobless layabouts.
We also don't assume they crochet squirrel thongs. 🧐

• Heart
Reactions: 27

Sami Lee

VIP Member
looking at her vlogs there is no moment of getting some relaxing...she is constant on the move..she is running from herself...food for a good shrink....just like those people who run all the time...they are running from themselves...and thier issues...
"...she is running away from herself..."
Very well said. I believe this describes her behaviour accurately.
By any objective comparison with her peers, her behaviour is immature, inadequate and thus irresponsible.

When people with this this level of attenuated maturity can't or won't grasp their shortcomings they run away, or escape into melodrama and fantasy, often aided by alcohol and/or other chemical substances.

It appears to me that SJ can only be at LaLa if there are endless distractions: theme parties, fast and frequent turnover of new playmates (who're all doing some version of running away from their real lives), dramas (some due to the consequences of her irresponsibility - radiators! - and some that she somehow manufactures).

She distracts and papers over the cracks with these things - and indeed with actual paper! She has a penchant for covering LaLa's walls with exorbitantly priced paper and wood or, in the pigeon tower case, seriously risky painting and inadequate attachment of the pigeon picture collection to the 30-40ft (?) high walls. None of these are restoration or securing the fabric and infrastructure of the buildings.

Instead, it's all a distraction from what needs to be prioritised and taken care of immediately for the sake of health and safety. Chief of these priorities is addressing her struggle with a limited ability to manage her establishment in a mature manner (compare and contrast the behaviour, activities and achievements of almost all other YT chatelaines...).

There are deeply buried reasons for all this. When all's said and done, I feel saddened by the whole situation. IMHO, she needs support in ways that she doesn't seem to understand.

[Sorry, somehow I managed to post the start of this comment before this one! Mea culpa, I'm listening to Lex Fridman at the same time. Tch.]

Last edited:
  • Heart

Bored Mermaid CC

VIP Member
The fans are so confused that SJ had to bring in reinforcements???? Things are not going well. 🤪

Dana _CK
Dana _CK
4 hours ago
What a throwback to our amazing adventure two years ago, “Défilé Haute Couture en Mode Musique Classique”, the successful catwalk at La Grange aux pianos (episode 067 )with Cyril Huvé and Reinhardt Luthier , the original owner of the pigeons collection. This outstanding collection, we have discovered during the big sale at Reinhardt’s atelier (episode 069). Reinhardt was literally honoured to sale the collection to Stephanie knowing she’ll make the best of it at La Lande, and she did 👏👏👏

Miss Dana further stated: Stephanie knowing and appreciating the importance of the pigeons collection promptly stored it in the barn uncovered so as to allow all fowl in the vicinity of Chateau Shitland to visit and admire the works and to leave their own comments all over these great works

• Haha
  • Heart
You make an excellent point ... especially when you see all the trips and travels she vlogged prior to Patreon.
And that my Canadian friend is what Tattlers have been trying to say for far too long.

She does HAVE money.
She's been the girl who has everything long before she ever started vlogging. Her whole life embodies the word privileged.
She likes the idea of living in a chateau because it has been her dream come true, but she wouldn't spend her money to repair her crumbling farmhouse because she would much rather spend it on traveling, dining, and living in splendor. Then she realized, she can BEG money from strangers to restore her chateau, improve her B&B business and employ servants without ever having to dip into her own personal accounts. Et, voila!

From the Tattle archives by French Essence:

ME ME ME.png

Last edited:
  • Heart