Chateau Diaries #56 Trotter's hole in the wall or Chateau cashpoint?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I forgot about the old China Pantry too ! Its like the toilet ..... will never be finished!
I thiink the funniest vlogs I watched when I was still a bit interested in their renovations LOL Was the loo one with 2 vlogs of suspense over the "room" discovered under the loo. I was watching the vlog and better half looked at the screen in passing and went - "its an old septic area - are they wearing gloves?" That is when I thought - time to get a grip here..these people are bonkers!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
You were all talking about the Tango !
Well ...... I am an excellent dancer ..... here is the school I have been too.
I would say ... Selmar has been a student of them too !!!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
No the idiots haven't brought in the pane!ing yet to acclimate for one month yet.
The lovers will be back before then.
What's there to acclimatize? The dump is not heated, it's the same temperature and humidity everywhere; the stables, grand salon and Dan's tearoom.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
These are different times, not just for an auctionhouse but for everyone. If she's bragging to be the first flogger ever they've asked, that is sort of pointing to the new rules in itself, isn't it?
So, can we then guess Christies has another earlier auction that she wants to travel to the States for and plans to spend money at, and she pre-greased that by proposing the Tastemakers as as follow up after the auction? Why would she spend money to get to be the tastemaker if she wasn’t scoring some objects?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Am I the only one or is anyone else bothered by her constant blink-blink-blink-ing when she's talking into the camera???...I can just barely listen to her but I definitely have to look away from the screen when she's doing that!!!...Drives me INSANE!!!!!

But I did enjoy seeing the cousin...mmmmmm....delicious!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
They could send it to the Polish rug cleaner! But it would come back properly clean and make everything else look grimy.
I watch him too! 🤣🤣 We have all of our rugs cleaned that way actually. We have a very good dealer who also cleans and restores.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Off to try and get SOMETHING done today. Started badly - no sleep and then a parrot in the flue. No that is not a eupherism. I have had small birds get under the flue cap, fall down into the fire box in the past (have to lower the baffle plate and rescue) but this time a parrot dropped out and then flew at the curtains with sooty wings. Stupidly I grabbed it and then it grabbed me - hooky beak two deep purple wounds each hand. No idea how it even fit or why its doodling about on that flue. There is an old chimney to the house (unused) that a parrot couple do have a nest in each year - maybe another pair is looking for a similar spot? That flue is used and it will be a very bad idea. Hope the exp has put this bird off. It has put me off. I have a mess to clean up. See ya later.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
And the cousin will have 3 weeks to work in the Princess’ boudoir without interrupting her slumber or her poodles 🐩 rest either!
I do think you’ve hit upon something here! But goodness knows I’ve been wrong before. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 9
It was the first time I have watched one. Anyone can watch it, they take place when I am usually fast asleep - probably the best way to view them... anyway it is when the vlog goes live and they have people on chat as the vlog plays. So there is this dizzy conversation going on as the vlog rolls of people saying hello and clapping like fools - you know like when they see a woman running at a car with a camera - when they all know she is actually thousands of miles away and this vlog is old news. There is a thing called superchat where people donate money and get a big clap - seriously it is quite foul but like I said I was awake and curious. LOL
I had a look at the live chats a few times, a while ago, before I got bored of it. :sleep: It is hard work and makes me crosseyed and dizzy (and here I would like to thank @KiKiGee 🥰 for her labour of love to frequently supply us here with the choicest morsels of the chat!)
It was rather interesting to observe the dynamics of it. The "Lalanders" have formed their community (cult like?not really, way too superficial for that!). The regulars know each other, commiserate about hip replacements, various illnesses, treatments, Covid jabs, share news on their geographic location, the weather, their furry pets, they virtually hug and kiss people they have got to know, or think they know. It fulfills the need to be part of something where you are known, and appreciated, however superficially. There is usually one of two who make newbies comfortable by greeting them, (j*tje, or Br*nda McG*e, for example), but the regulars are the real in-crowd! Lots of gushing and ego stroking when "mummy and Percy" turn up, same with every other 'proper' Lalander, like Dan, Annalise, Nutty, Phyllis, etc. One of highlights is (in the GAG) when someone's gift is opened, and that person is in the chat, fainting with sheer pleasure that their no doubt well meant crochet potholders and felted mice are held in such high esteem.:eek:
The whole live chat thing would be such a fascinating area for proper academic research!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Fanny is trying to buy her way in to the upper echelons. All that talk about de Gournay wallpapers, attending auctions, all posh things toffs do. She'll do anything to be associated with or even be in the same room with them. An old story really, they'll accept her money but she'll never be one of them. You can't buy class.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
Off to try and get SOMETHING done today. Started badly - no sleep and then a parrot in the flue. No that is not a eupherism. I have had small birds get under the flue cap, fall down into the fire box in the past (have to lower the baffle plate and rescue) but this time a parrot dropped out and then flew at the curtains with sooty wings. Stupidly I grabbed it and then it grabbed me - hooky beak two deep purple wounds each hand. No idea how it even fit or why its doodling about on that flue. There is an old chimney to the house (unused) that a parrot couple do have a nest in each year - maybe another pair is looking for a similar spot? That flue is used and it will be a very bad idea. Hope the exp has put this bird off. It has put me off. I have a mess to clean up. See ya later.
I just watched Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" last week!!!!😥😲😬😳😵
It sounds like your parrots did too!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
So do we know anything about cousin Amaury? Where is he from? Is he a cousin on daddy's side or mummy's? Are there other cousins out there?

Reactions: 7
So do we know anything about cousin Amaury? Where is he from? Is he a cousin on daddy's side or mummy's? Are there other cousins out there?
From @FrenchGirl123
The "hot" cousin :

Surprise surprise... He's not one of her French cousin (!).

He's British, lives in Suffolk where he runs a carpentry company.

His mother is Isabelle's sister who married a British citizen too. Name Richmond.

Reactions: 19
Seeing hints of the new intro in tonight's video. Looking forward to it.
At the very end, there was a full on shot of the Château with the drone and I thought that was great filming (by Dan) and it should be included in the new intro.

Reactions: 11
SJ acted a little pissed? That her cousin asked where he would be sleeping? She said above the kitchen. Yuck! isn't that Fanny and Snorts sex dungeon?
It's the not so elusive N's old room, before he moved his family out of her shitshow into the more private guardener's cottage. And way before he decided not to come at all anymore and to stay away from her BS. That room was promised to TrotterBoy when N vacated it, but they never got around to it (familiar stories circulate at the shittoo). Fanny and Snorts sex dungeon has been made very public and features the flogs frequently. The overload of pink toile is a dead giveaway for it.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.