Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Arfarf

VIP Member
Kaumakaiwa Kanaka'ole, Marie's friend, is a highly decorated performer and recording artist. She's trans and essentially an iconic Hawaiian singer who has won numerous awards, recorded 3 albums and has performed around the world. Her family is immersed in preserving traditional dance and song of Hawaii and she's been performing onstage since she could walk. If you google her and are interested in Hawaiian culture, you can watch her perform--she has quite an amazing voice. It's highly doubtful she's going to bring any negative consequences to Marie...quite the opposite...Marie can learn a lot from this extremely talented woman.

She is trans. What's the problem?
No problem at all. My best friends son is trans. So don't get all put out. Calm down. I just thought she looked very masculine

Reactions: 6

Freesia54

VIP Member
If all of his celebrations get to be this boring, I think we can conclude he has lost his spark. Poor Dan, he used to be fresh. Wonder what happened (no, not really, we all know SJ happened...).
I
I watched till the end but kept wondering when something was going to happen... tbf the clip from his 100th vlog celebration was the probably the best bit... he needs to keep his hands in his pockets...they make me dizzy.

billybudd

VIP Member
I wonder if he had a seizure from drinking too much, or maybe from trying to detox on his own .... alcohol is the post dangerous thing to detox from. This might explain the need for checking out his brain.
My thought precisely. Brain scans entailed. Detox is a medical/psychiatric emergency.

MagpieSassyPants

@MagpieSassyPants She's awesome! Our social circles slightly overlap and I'm sure I met her way back in my Hollywood party days. Do you recognize anyone riding in the airship with her? Mario, Jackie...
I need to rewatch, but no one jumped out to me with the initial viewing. I left LA in 2001 (?) but I knew Selene from Make Up and Cherry, as well as a few other events. She was always so warm and kind!

• Heart

Pansygirl

Chatty Member
I thought he just bought her the brooch
Hmm. Not sure - she says “I’m wearing one of my Christmas presents from Philip but with a little brooch; a dagger”, while opening her coat wide for us to see the dress.

Sparrowsfart

VIP Member
I’m sure. I had a neighbor who was single and alone and he left his house and money to his caretaker. In a way, if you’re alone it’s a good way to make sure someone takes care of you, to leave them everything, unless they just then murder you.
Yeah I know someone who befriended her old lonely neigbour and did this. Very sly.

QuebecQueen

did Curtis go with his partner? wonder when we will see Stepfanny going to the opera with them all together?

Pyke

VIP Member
Tonights CD Steph and Snorts reunite with Mummy, Percy and Gerald in SA, so not travelling together, why didn't they fly via Paris or even Amsterdam ?

Kotare

VIP Member
One of our adult children is an anthropologist. She has a blog about just this and how her favourite thing to do is to go to cemeteries . Even if she was someone I didn’t know I would have found it an interesting read . She works for the South Australian history Trust at present and is hoping to go study and live in Nordic countries to study funeral customs there .
She really wants to live in Florence, Italy though .
sorry I’ve digressed . She likened Venice to Bali , just cringeworthy

It’s ok I’m tough . 🤮 the worst was keeping them off the baby and the budgies in their cages
Warning off topic

How fascinating. I’ve always loved cemeteries myself but I’m no anthropologist.
As for Bali, anyone interested in death rituals should find it an incredibly interesting country. The three part ritual - funeral, cremation ceremony, and purification of the soul are complicated and unchanged despite colonisation.
I absolutely love Bali, and despite my other travels ( pre Covid) I still return there and have done since the late 80s. The tourist thing is ridiculous and I do see the Venice comparison, but I try to avoid any contact with the throngs of discount bogans.

• Heart

Lady Avonlea

VIP Member
I didn't think of that! You're right, I'm sure. I've just been trying to figure out why in the world he wouldn't want to drive and why his family is so amenable to driving him places that are hours away if it weren't a medical reason that kept him from getting a license....
Would he not have previously been wearing a medical bracelet/necklace if he had a history of epilepsy?

Reactions: 5