Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I want to start a new post but it said I have insufficient privileges to start a new one.
Sorry ladies, off topic I know, just curious did anyone start one for her? I can't find one... like @just_S I'm also from Sydney and it would be good to have some Sydney/Aussie influencers. so many have popped up and just like Purse On Fleek... flexing it big time with the H and C's of the world, msrach_ is another one getting sucked into the H game despite living in Colbee a very low socioeconomic new suburb for people who can't afford traditional houses with a tiny house that barely has yard space 😱... surprised H even entertained Purse on Fleek and Msrach to begin with 😖 just de-values the brand if anything.

Reactions: 1
Isabelle’s Style is a Sydney based luxury influencer. She is heavy into the Hermes game, but she doesn’t constantly peddle cheap clothes and does own a few RTW luxury pieces. Lately her video has gotten more into the luxury hauls territory but she seems well meaning and nice. If you want to get a good understanding on how to play the Hermes game, she is a very good resource to look into.

Reactions: 4
Sorry ladies, off topic I know, just curious did anyone start one for her? I can't find one... like @just_S I'm also from Sydney and it would be good to have some Sydney/Aussie influencers. so many have popped up and just like Purse On Fleek... flexing it big time with the H and C's of the world, msrach_ is another one getting sucked into the H game despite living in Colbee a very low socioeconomic new suburb for people who can't afford traditional houses with a tiny house that barely has yard space 😱... surprised H even entertained Purse on Fleek and Msrach to begin with 😖 just de-values the brand if anything.
I just had a look at msrach_’s IG page. The amount of Hermes and other lux items on display is nauseating, not to mention vulgar. I like luxury items that I can work with/get a lot of wear from and that makes me feel happy. But they do not define me. They’re just material goods, and when I wear or use them I do it for myself, not so that others can appreciate.
The way certain people flaunt their goods (and hence affluence or so they think) is just downright crude and unnecessary. Why is it so important for people to know you can afford something?

Reactions: 5
Would love to have a thread on purse on fleek.... her hermes saga is just insane!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Would love to have a thread on purse on fleek.... her hermes saga is just insane!!!
Purse on Fleek has certainly become a hot topic on YouTube since her Hermes drama video; I honestly get second hand embarrassment just looking at her- a cautionary tale to all the faux influencers when faking a lifestyle turns into a money pit that they have to resort to scamming to keep their head above water 😆🍿

I don’t consider any of these girls fashionable or aspirational; they are so transparent in their desperation to emulate a tacky vision of affluence, posh upbringing (yeah right!), luxe living etc that ends up so far past the mark that it is embarrassing to look at (but entertaining to poke fun of!) Chase Amie is a disappointment as it seems she has the education and stable family support to be better than most of these wayward influencers and yet she has become a glorified infomercial sales lady peddling designer gear like it’s fast fashion from her cheap ikea showroom.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
What does Amie do with her platform besides buying handbags? She's hardly an influencer - doesn't get invited to anything and has no presence in the industry. She influences nothing outside her own Youtube accounts. Like, what's the bleeping point?

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Yeah, I can't think of anytime Amie has been invited to an Influencer event :unsure: Can you?

Reactions: 5
She’s also not sent anything. Others get free cosmetics, free food to promote (ITF got stuff from Hakkasan last year), they also get to be models for shoots (yes, the influencers may be tacky but brands at least know about them). She’s been doing the influencing thing a while now (5 years?) so this is pathetic.

Reactions: 1
She’s also not sent anything. Others get free cosmetics, free food to promote (ITF got stuff from Hakkasan last year), they also get to be models for shoots (yes, the influencers may be tacky but brands at least know about them). She’s been doing the influencing thing a while now (5 years?) so this is pathetic.
She’s not photogenic, she doesn’t know to pose, her instagram is very insipid and boring. A brand would not have anything to gain from a partnership with her. Inthefrow does put some makeup on, she takes a lot of photos in different locations, with different type of outfits, she is versatile. While Amie is dressing same clothes for 5 years, wearing same high heels and just swapping Chanel bags in different colors. What could a brand promote with her image? Nothing. No makeup product with those eyebrows and those makeup skills, no food product as she didn’t promote her lifestyle or cooking skills, no interior homeware with that taste she decorated her house. So they really don’t have a niche to work with her. Ofc she would love Chanel to work with her and to be sent free products/ bags but she’s waay to far from that 💁🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I remember she used to do a few partnership videos that are not Nordstrom or Mytheresa but actual brand sponsored posts. She hasn't created enough interesting contents for brands to continue to reach out.

Reactions: 6
Is it just me or did anyone notice that Dan had a horrified look in his eyes when she was doing the unboxing, like "how does one spend that much money on the same things?" Or am I just projecting?

• Haha
She did a before and after with her work out/diet for the last 4 months in her Instagram stories . I honestly didn't notice based on how she looks in clothes. I feel like posts like that though kind of scream "I'm fat phobic". Just kinda made me uncomfortable

Also I totally had a double wtf moment with her "his and hers luxury un boxing"

Why does anyone need that?

There is no chemistry between her and Dan. It's weird.
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I think it's less about lack of chemistry and more down to the fact that he had to sit in front of a camera, awkwardly talk about clothes ("Um, it's blue and I like blue..."), and then sit in silence while his wife talks about clothes. Like, whose idea was that???

I didn't watch the whole thing, but I think it's less about lack of chemistry and more down to the fact that he had to sit in front of a camera, awkwardly talk about clothes ("Um, it's blue and I like blue..."), and then sit in silence while his wife talks about clothes. Like, whose idea was that???
That vid was so awkward as it was obvious she was playing up to the camera while he was bored . Her smiles to the camera while talking, her put-on accent etc.- all very staged. And please, enough of the FF discount code. If people weren’t clicking before, they’re not going to click now.
Re those pre and post workout pictures - I’m not sure why it’s necessary to share them with the whole world? Adele and Rebel Wilson lost a lot of weight recently, and you don’t see them sharing pre vs post pics in their underwear/bikini.

Last edited:
  • Wow
That vid was so awkward as it was obvious she was playing up to the camera while he was bored . Her smiles to the camera while talking, her put-on accent etc.- all very staged. And please, enough of the FF discount code. If people weren’t clicking before, they’re not going to click now.
Re those pre and post workout pictures - I’m not sure why it’s necessary to share them with the whole world? Adele and Rebel Wilson lost a lot of weight recently, and you don’t see them sharing pre vs post pics in their underwear/bikini.
She has a business in the fitness area so maybe she wants to promote that

I really enjoyed Amie’s videos at first, but I do agree that recently the content overall has become repetitive, and cracks are starting to show about her expertise (or lack thereof) re: the products she purchases.

In her latest video, the “His and Her Unboxing,” she revealed another Dionysus bag (btw, the Dionysus is my absolute favourite Gucci bag, but only in the full leather, non-monogram). Amie had no idea that the clasp was a double tiger head. She thought it could have been a panther when Dan asked about it, but she was not sure, and she was truly baffled when first questioned.

I understand that the average consumer would not be expected to know about the tiger clasp and the Greek myth of Dionysus and the Tigris river behind the bag name. However, if someone has purchased THREE of these bags (Amie sold her Supreme canvas & suede, and she recently bought the pink & red super mini, so this tan one is at least her third Dionysus), and if they truly appreciate the item, shouldn’t they know the origin of the bag name? Or if not, at least be curious enough about the gorgeous detail on the clasp to inquire whether it is a tiger or not? It’s like buying a BVLGARI Serpenti Forever bag and not realizing that the clasp is a serpent head.

I immediately unsubscribed from Amie’s channel when she revealed this lack of curiosity and true interest in her purchases.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
I immediately unsubscribed from Amie’s channel when she revealed this lack of curiosity and true interest in her purchases.
You can’t trust Amie’s reviews as she purchases on a whim/for haul purposes only to sell to fund her next round of purchases. I suspect many have sussed her out hence the stagnant follower count. She’s going nowhere.

Reactions: 7
Wow, bag sale is up. Pretty much all of them are in perfect condition because she never used any of them! And then she’ll go buy more!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.