Chase Amie

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Screen Shot 2021-08-11 at 2.50.47 PM.png

What the hell. This is one of the comments on her last video. Is this a bot? Can you buy comments on Youtube?

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Wow I didn't think she would ever sell the Neverfull, I remember this particular one was what she raved about when I first came across her channel. All looking brand new though, I don't understand how she doesn't see a problem here!

Also, her storage methods *clearly* working out great if she didn't even keep the pochette straight 😅

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Honestly, she should take all that bag money and spend it on a therapist instead. She seriously got a case of shopping addiction and there is no amount of purchases that will satisfy her at that point.

Back to another poster talking about the origins of Dionysus bag and the tiger motif in Gucci products is actually quite interesting, I didn't know it was a reference to Tigris, I just thought it was consistent with the tiger theme which is drawn from some Asian cultures and how it signifies strength and virility. Come to think of it, I thought the dionysus buckle was a two headed snake, which in many cultures signifies rebirth and infinity.

My point is, there are so many more interesting aspects of a designer bag. Other than describing every one of them as "parrrrfect"

Reactions: 15
She was prob hoping to become a YSL ambassador (ie buy lots, hope brand notices) but didn’t pay off. Prob tried doing the same with LV but that failed too. Someone here mentioned she may have been hoping for a Chanel role but she can dream on. She’ll probably start buying more Gucci bags in the next 6 months and maybe a few more LV. And then have another sale in 12 months’ time to fund the next round. Purseonfleek #2.

Reactions: 5
She was prob hoping to become a YSL ambassador (ie buy lots, hope brand notices) but didn’t pay off. Prob tried doing the same with LV but that failed too.
If that is the case, that is terribly misguided lol. The current YSL ambassador is Rose from Blackpink, you cannot buy countless amount of bags to become a global KPop star. LOL

I mean do any luxury brands use social media influencers as their brand ambassadors? The only influencer I remember was Chiara Ferragni was one for Dior? But she got that through years of having millions of followers. I'm not a fan of Chiara, but at least she had a large and steady following. I thought they mostly use entertainers and wealthy socialites.

Reactions: 8
My point is, there are so many more interesting aspects of a designer bag. Other than describing every one of them as "parrrrfect"
It was "so so beautiful" and "I just think it's lovely!" this time. Her commentaries on bags are "so so boring." I have been loving ModernGurlz and HauteLeMode on youtube because they actually go deeper about various aspects of fashion than just stating how beautiful items are.

Reactions: 6
She is one of my favourite fashion YouTubers, and this video was so fascinating to learn about some of the most common luxury bags and why it is considered "investments". She also has other videos that help you to find quality bags, shoes, and clothes.

Does any know how much percentage wish she losses on bag resale? Does she usually sell them 20% below retail? Even 10% on a luxury bag is too much just to have an item for several months.

Reactions: 1
Does any know how much percentage wish she losses on bag resale? Does she usually sell them 20% below retail? Even 10% on a luxury bag is too much just to have an item for several months.
Looking at the items she just sold, they were well above the usual resale value. I was actually surprised they sold so quickly as they were so expensive, but I can imagine due to currency rates a lot went to overseas buyers.

• Wow
Looking at the items she just sold, they were well above the usual resale value. I was actually surprised they sold so quickly as they were so expensive, but I can imagine due to currency rates a lot went to overseas buyers.
I know luxury goods are cheaper in Europe. But is she breaking even with the resale? She used to buy a lot of luxury goods at Heathrow Airport because of the tax refund, but now all she does is online shop with no tax benefits, maybe a 10% discount from the site once a while (although that is going away). I guess when she sells directly on Instagram, she is not paying commission to a 3rd party resaler.

Reactions: 4
If that is the case, that is terribly misguided lol. The current YSL ambassador is Rose from Blackpink, you cannot buy countless amount of bags to become a global KPop star. LOL

I mean do any luxury brands use social media influencers as their brand ambassadors? The only influencer I remember was Chiara Ferragni was one for Dior? But she got that through years of having millions of followers. I'm not a fan of Chiara, but at least she had a large and steady following. I thought they mostly use entertainers and wealthy socialites.
That's the thing - nothing about Amie is aspirational. It's all run of the mill and basic. Her style and her goals - there's nothing there that I aspire to. Why would I spend £3,000 on a YSL bag because Amie was carrying it in Costco? Just irrelevant and stupid.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
That's the thing - nothing about Amie is aspirational. It's all run of the mill and basic. Her style and her goals - there's nothing there that I aspire to. Why would I spend £3,000 on a YSL bag because Amie was carrying it in Costco? Just irrelevant and stupid.
If you can't be aspirational, being relatable carries more weight in the YouTube world. When she started, she was relatable, as she was a young cute girl seemingly killing it at her 9-5 job and buys expensive bags as a treat for herself. Now, I can't relate to her unless I have a shopping addiction.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
If you can't be aspirational, being relatable carries more weight in the YouTube world. When she started, she was relatable, as she was a young cute girl seemingly killing it at her 9-5 job and buys expensive bags as a treat for herself. Now, I can't relate to her unless I have a shopping addiction.
I definitely have a shopping problem. I definitely started it as a coping mechanism . But now that I'm out of the crappy job which caused my shopping issue I am finding it difficult to stop. And despite me also having a shopping problem I find amie incredibly un relatable. If anything she makes me very anxious and I feel the need to go get rid of stuff. At least I am aware I'm doing this and it is bad I don't think amie realizes it bc it is now her main source of income.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
On her recent styling video, what a snooze-fest. Where is she going in those jeweled nude pumps? Nando's again? Why can't she style her many, many other shoes? Black dresses, polka dot dress, blush pink bag, white blazer, so predictable.

• Haha
On her recent styling video, what a snooze-fest. Where is she going in those jeweled nude pumps? Nando's again? Why can't she style her many, many other shoes? Black dresses, polka dot dress, blush pink bag, white blazer, so predictable.
Those pumps do not go with jeans and a t-shirt. It is so incohesive. I am all for experimenting but that is a mess. Like patented leather pump with crystal details do not go with more natural and earthy fabrics.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.