Charlotte Jacklin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I would not be having my Mum come in to be my charwoman. Absolutely not no way. She doesn’t lift a finger after me anymore.

Good gracious. The absolute state of the house and then outsourcing the tidying up of it. For absolute shame.

Reactions: 4
I would not be having my Mum come in to be my charwoman. Absolutely not no way. She doesn’t lift a finger after me anymore.

Good gracious. The absolute state of the house and then outsourcing the tidying up of it. For absolute shame.
Exactly this. Maybe if she had an actual job and was out of the house 8+ hours a day you could understand the need for it but she literally does shite-all.

"Hey mum can you come round and tidy all the tit I was too lazy to do myself? I've got to photograph myself in the 653rd shapeless outfit I've been gifted and take an unflattering selfie whilst complaining about the jobs you're about to do"

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Staggering. And to put it out there as content. I would die a million deaths to be even telling someone face to face I had my mother clearing up after me in my own home.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why does she dress like that? Like an overgrown child in frills and flounces? I don’t understand the need to constantly change your outfit, and spend SO much time in front of the mirror!! Who’s looking after her daughter? She so bloody lazy.

Reactions: 8
Is it just me who thinks those pearl hair clips look horrible? It looks like she has weird horns growing out of her head. I don’t get it.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I have no idea how she manages to make an income. She gets a lot of PR samples but doesn't seem to be commissioned to do many actual ads. The service she did on how to work with influencers (I think that's what it was...?) seems to have come to a close. Her last 'blog' post was 2020. Where is the money coming from?!

I have no idea how she manages to make an income. She gets a lot of PR samples but doesn't seem to be commissioned to do many actual ads. The service she did on how to work with influencers (I think that's what it was...?) seems to have come to a close. Her last 'blog' post was 2020. Where is the money coming from?!
Her recent ad stories for Hey Estrid razors were nice but meh… it could be from any influencer. Zero character

Plus hundreds of stories about sandals - who caresssss!

Reactions: 1
Does she make any real money? (Am I being incredibly naive and she’s actually rolling in it?). I cannot believe that after faffing around looking at sandals (and BTW those ones on Net A Porter towards the end of the ‘beg’ were nothing short of hideous IMO) for half the day yesterday her mum was doing her washing and ironing! I would be mortified if this was me - I’m quite sure her mum has better things to do than a laundry service for a grown up daughter who just seems to prioritise her time selfishly.

Reactions: 6
She makes money from courses and used to be a lecturer and has various advertising deals which net her enough to blag her way through life. Her husband earns a fairly good wage through being in TV/films.

Does she make any real money? (Am I being incredibly naive and she’s actually rolling in it?). I cannot believe that after faffing around looking at sandals (and BTW those ones on Net A Porter towards the end of the ‘beg’ were nothing short of hideous IMO) for half the day yesterday her mum was doing her washing and ironing! I would be mortified if this was me - I’m quite sure her mum has better things to do than a laundry service for a grown up daughter who just seems to prioritise her time selfishly.
She has posted before about being ill (PCO?) and I think a childhood illness. Mummy owns a designer dress shop and most likely panders to Charlotte’s whinges about not coping (despite June being in nursery/at school etc), her husband also works away from home a lot and always did but that’ll be another Reason why Cracklin gets so hot and sweaty and whinges “I can’t cope with this adulting shizzle!” 😂

Reactions: 5
I’m sure she’s not “rolling in it” per se but her family aren’t poor but any stretch - Jack’s side maybe a bit less well off and probably don’t pander to their in-law daughter’s whims as much as Jack does.

What’s interesting about Cracklin and some other millennials of similar ages and classes I know of is they’re all quite similar in outsourcing childcare to parents (Whether this is actual childcare or offloading kids regularly onto parents for a well deserved “night out”), documenting their lives on Instagram etc, they really do seem quite immature compared to some other people and it’s okayed by society so they keep doing it. Whereas in the past parents would do it all themselves with little or no parental help. You’d think in Cracklin’s case as she earns so much money she’d hire a cleaner to clean/iron but obviously she either doesn’t wish to pay money to do this and employ someone locally or thinks it’s ok to use her mum’s time to do this instead. I’d be embarrassed to do this.

Reactions: 4
What’s interesting about Cracklin and some other millennials of similar ages and classes I know of is they’re all quite similar in outsourcing childcare to parents (Whether this is actual childcare or offloading kids regularly onto parents for a well deserved “night out”), documenting their lives on Instagram etc, they really do seem quite immature compared to some other people and it’s okayed by society so they keep doing it. Whereas in the past parents would do it all themselves with little or no parental help. You’d think in Cracklin’s case as she earns so much money she’d hire a cleaner to clean/iron but obviously she either doesn’t wish to pay money to do this and employ someone locally or thinks it’s ok to use her mum’s time to do this instead. I’d be embarrassed to do this.
I disagree, I think in the past even MORE familial childcare was the norm. Now, grandparents are older and more affluent (therefore travelling and going on their own nights out) & less likely to want to look after grandchildren for extended time.

I disagree, I think in the past even MORE familial childcare was the norm. Now, grandparents are older and more affluent (therefore travelling and going on their own nights out) & less likely to want to look after grandchildren for extended time.
Well we obviously beg to differ here then! I’m just saying how it seems to be in my own circles.