Charlotte Jacklin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly if you’re going to be an interiors ponce put your dang tablecloth on straight (I come from a family in which the whiteness of other people’s net curtains were discussed).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Sooo was browsing Cracklin’s webpage and she states:-

paid collaborations - will be clearly listed, hmm debatable

Gifting - this will be clearly labelled too - am 100% sure this is not the case and if so please edit your posts to state such!

Affiliates - this doesn’t influence the products I share with you - no of course this doesn’t Cracklin!

I wish influencers as it can’t be just Cracklin were honest re above! If you stated on your gram/webpage what’s been donated then great but not when you’ve obviously had this brought to your attention recently. If you wanna do PR etc do it well or Don’t bother.

to be fair to Cracklin I’ve noticed her posts don’t bug me so much these days, they seem a tad more curated than the constant stream of nothingness she’d post before, so there is progress.

Reactions: 3
to be fair to Cracklin I’ve noticed her posts don’t bug me so much these days, they seem a tad more curated than the constant stream of nothingness she’d post before, so there is progress
Agreed! I couldn’t put my finger on why but definitely less annoying...

Reactions: 1
Agreed! I couldn’t put my finger on why but definitely less annoying...
If I was being kind I’d say she’s been told about this site and comments.

I still think she posts stuff re Black owned companies to stay relevant and unless I see pics of bought stuff from there (heck so far I’ve bought candles, hair conditioner and a new gym bra from 3 black owned companies recently) then I think she’s just promoting for that sake.

if you do get gifted a new camper van Cracklin then please say so!

If I was being kind I’d say she’s been told about this site and comments.

I still think she posts stuff re Black owned companies to stay relevant and unless I see pics of bought stuff from there (heck so far I’ve bought candles, hair conditioner and a new gym bra from 3 black owned companies recently) then I think she’s just promoting for that sake.

if you do get gifted a new camper van Cracklin then please say so!
I agree! She does seem to tag a lot of small Etsy businesses where she gets stuff from, but they don’t seem to be the same Black-owned businesses she talks about on Stories.

I haven’t paid much attention to her recently but I do hope she’s also stopped shopping with and working with brands who were revealed to have racist codes to describe Black customers - Anthropologie is one.

Side note: she looked very uncomfortable in her vintage fold up chair. They are small proportions compared to modern chairs! My grandparents used to have some the same, anyone over a size 12 would be wedged in!

I agree! She does seem to tag a lot of small Etsy businesses where she gets stuff from, but they don’t seem to be the same Black-owned businesses she talks about on Stories.

I haven’t paid much attention to her recently but I do hope she’s also stopped shopping with and working with brands who were revealed to have racist codes to describe Black customers - Anthropologie is one.

Side note: she looked very uncomfortable in her vintage fold up chair. They are small proportions compared to modern chairs! My grandparents used to have some the same, anyone over a size 12 would be wedged in!
sorry what racist codes??

I find her so smug and smarmy. You know when somebody's very face annoys you? It's like that 😅 I don't get why she's popular.

Does she still do that Fringe of It podcast with Liv? I quite like Liv, but it kind of makes me wonder about her if she's so tight with Charlotte 🤔

Reactions: 5
The way she was talking on her stories this morning about that ugly patchwork coat gave me serious Boris Johnson vibes 😂

Also that coat is hideous 🤢

But the Etsy stuff is “cute” and affordable. She’ll buy crockery but would love for it to be gifted. Half her dresses are gifted.

it just irks on me when she clearly didn’t list stuff like the Tony chocolate etc being gifted and lots of other stuff eg that velvet couch! She’s crediting people now but she certainly didn’t before.

I do wonder too how much of her DIY items are gifts or did they buy them and are they an anchor for another begging bowl post?!

having read some of her posts on her site they’re dire, the gifting one is fun for a laugh but I grudgingly admit (with daddy’s help) her DIY projects could be useful and are ok, not my taste but fairly nicely done.

I find her so smug and smarmy. You know when somebody's very face annoys you? It's like that 😅 I don't get why she's popular.

Does she still do that Fringe of It podcast with Liv? I quite like Liv, but it kind of makes me wonder about her if she's so tight with Charlotte 🤔
I think why she’s so relatable is she’s not the same as the other perfect influencers with lots of makeup, perfect hair etc - which is great - - it’s not for everyone and she does stuff like laze around and her style is “retro grandma chic” - not my style and I could easily say which of her top 10 dresses really suit her... but she comes across as quite girl next door and modest. She doesn’t do it for me but she has a certain charm.

Imagine that being your most expensive purchase ever. Absolutely awful.
Probably nearly a month's rent. Hope she remembers this when she's complaining about how hard it is for two self-employed parents with no guaranteed income blah blah blah.

God I just had another look. That coat is vile.

Ok my Cracklin watch... I was interested as to what exactly she advises in her workshops 121s etc and I can honestly say most of not a lot of what she says is available online of by doing a proper accredited business course.

I think the people she sells to like the personal touch, Cracklin obvs massaging their ego etc and reinforcement that what they’re doing is good, going forward great etc. That’s the main reason Cracklin or Crackers as I may start calling her is clinging onto them or dangling the carrot. Still in these uncertain times I guess people do need a handhold and a pep talk.

Cracklin watch - she’s posting I think an old hairstyle whilst not overly flattering isn’t the worst either in fact it’s quite chic.

Probably nearly a month's rent. Hope she remembers this when she's complaining about how hard it is for two self-employed parents with no guaranteed income blah blah blah.

God I just had another look. That coat is vile.
agreed coat is vile, agreed she will no doubt post re being broke soon and giving off the poor Woe is me self employed parents vibe. My brother Is Self employed too bad afraid them‘s the breaks Charl unless you want a proper job in the corporate world.

I would certainly not be paying over £600 for a coat before I owned my own house 😳 I just don’t get the priorities! How can she justify spending so much on clothes when she lives in a rental that looks dingy and gross

Reactions: 6
I would certainly not be paying over £600 for a coat before I owned my own house 😳 I just don’t get the priorities! How can she justify spending so much on clothes when she lives in a rental that looks dingy and gross
I think her decor and house projects have been done well so far... I’m not keen on the velvet sofa stuff but that’s probably because my mum had a similar antique velvet chaise longue that I never really liked - it was sold to a buyer who adored it for a lot of money! 😱😅

agreed - why spend that money on a sofa if you’re saving for a house deposit but is she saving to buy? I think she might have got a discount through mummy’s contacts as mummy owns designer boutique in Lincoln.

gosh the smarminess of her is starting to irk me again and her stories saying support X charity are almost condescending? Bought anything from black owned businesses yet Cracklin? Thought not...

i still don’t believe despite her website claims that everything she’s gifted etc is now put on her website and the gram... And credited accordingly. I think her “advisor” has told her to list her FB market place, eBay, TK Maxx buys so anything gifted can float under the radar...

Ah no her house is so pretty.
Shabby chic??!!

Reactions: 2
You still get to live your life even if you rent a home (this logic is a bit barmy to me). There is an assumption in the UK that everyone is desperately waiting, hoping, scrimping to own property.

Unless she has positioned herself as desperately hoping, scrimping and saving and I’ve missed that.

Reactions: 3