Charlotte Jacklin

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
OMG. Does she think she's a celebrity? Her wedding wasn't that great but she hasn't shut up about it. What will she talk about now? More begging?

Reactions: 2
I used to follow Charlotte when she was Betty Magazine until I realised that I didn't know what she did aside from talk about herself.

She seems to just post nice pictures and use her feed as an album for her love of retro and florals?
I'd have no problem with this if it was a personal profile, but she seems to think of herself as a brand and I don't have much time for people who brand themselves without any tangible product or service...so it was an unfollow for me!

• Heart
The whole circle she is in drives me mad. The level of privilege is just astonishing.

I recently discovered that Sarah Powell is the daughter of Sir Ian Powell, an accountant involved in the PwC / Northern Rock who, yes, is literally a Sir. She has kept that very quiet, you’ll notice she often talks about Mum but never Dad. Dig even slightly under the surface and there is always something like this.

Reactions: 3
The privilege question is fascinating. Sarah on Instagram makes my day (she’s genuinely funny and seems really lovely) and although I did wonder how she managed to have the lifestyle she seems to have, it doesn’t bother me she’s from a privileged background. She can’t really help it! 🧐

Do you feel people need to acknowledge that privilege more overtly? There are moments I feel bad I don’t live that kind of lifestyle of flirting around and have to constantly work my arse off, so maybe knowing more background would help? I don’t know.

Reactions: 1
I think the whole privilege thing is a tricky one. I'm not sure that it should have to be acknowledged constantly. I think it depends on what you're doing.
I'm a Black British woman and I can honestly say that there are times that I feel that if I were a White British woman, my life would be a little easier... should this mean that White British women constantly have to acknowledge this? No.
For me, the only person I can speak for, what I do wish was that my work would be taken at face value, rather than the fact that I can't ever, nor do I wish to be, part of the "It" girl crowd in my industry, because my face doesn't fit. It seems to have a huge impact on my work.

Reactions: 6
I feel sorry for Charlottes husband she’s using her honeymoon just for the gram. I can imagine him looking into space whilst she’s picking which filter to use and directing him on how to take the photo.

Reactions: 7
Revival time... Because Charlotte Jacklin drives me nuts! 🤪

A while ago I remember one of her stories (in response to criticism of her being such a poor old working class mum who simultaneously lives a life of floral luxury) complaining about how she's "brassic" and wouldn't even be able to put the lights on if it wasn't for all the ads etc... Cue stomping feet and crocodile tears through that pink puffy smug mug of hers... "so why can't I spend my hard earned money on a cute dress or baby outfit or a candle infused with my own delightful rose tinted body odour?! Why do I have to buy groceries from Lidl instead of my local tea shop/farmers market?! WHYYYYYY!!!!"

She's so poor yet her dresses are worth more than my weekly rent alone. Why doesn't she just flog one of those old ex curtain smocks to make up for the supposed lack of funds instead of conning other actual working class mums to fund her lifestyle!

Honestly, feel a tad sorry for her husband. Having to put up with her smug big baby face and faux granny style. I look at her sometimes and think gosh... The actual state of her. It's incredible.

So incredible, that I follow her purely for amusement. She's a big selfish child in an oversized toddlers romper. There's nothing poor about her!

And I bet her house smells like stale refrigerated blue cheese. Just a big pink fart.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Jeez her first world problems! 🙄can’t handle the lows of January? She’s at home drinking tea watching tv all day I’m sure in few days she’ll be off of another press trip. Woe is me!

Reactions: 9
I think what annoys me most is the attempt to look just like us yet we are not sent bundles of stuff including those stupid instagrammers boots.
a close second is the random current event posts or posts about racism yet its always half arsed and false

irritating

Reactions: 5
She is just another version of Hannah Gale - slobby, lazy, chubby, eats junk and faffs about the house all day moaning about their period.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I think what annoys me most is the attempt to look just like us yet we are not sent bundles of stuff including those stupid instagrammers boots.
a close second is the random current event posts or posts about racism yet its always half arsed and false

irritating
The posts about racism are infuriating. She couldn't care less and to me, she screams smug white privilege. I'm pretty sure I've never seen her with anyone but a rich white woman. Tagging a few black female bloggers just isn't enough. Bloggers who've had to work 100x harder to get noticed. She must know this. But probably not... She lives in her little pink floral bubble, eating cheese and chocolate , lighting candles and parading her puffy smug mug around on camera moaning and crying too often, whilst occasionally mentioning Labour and how awful, darling! white privilege is. 🤮

Omg and her nightly "just in bed with a cuppa" posts... Because she's just such a normal tired person who wants nothing more than a simple life where she goes to bed by 9pm. Like all of us below her.

She is just another version of Hannah Gale - slobby, lazy, chubby, eats junk and faffs about the house all day moaning about their period.
I'd say Hannah Gale is a lot more tolerable and normal in comparison to Charlotte Cracklin. At least Hannah has some nice easy makeup tutorials and isn't a complete state. I think she's really attractive and curvy and positive. Cracklin Jacklin is like looking down at a bright pink monster turd.

Last edited:
Yeah, as a Black woman, I don't feel like she's relatable at all with those random racism, white privilege posts.
Charlotte is just doing whatever she needs to do to appear as a campaigner for all.
I've asked this before, but what does she actually do?
She's smug, snooty and self centred. But, the brands love her.

Reactions: 4
It’s the failed attempt to come across normal and working class and worried about money with the expensive designer clothes and bags and shoes and interiors that really grates on me

I really do wonder who can find her relatable..she literally bums round the house sorting wardrobes and complaining about how hard life is. I used to enjoy her content but when I found myself feeling like tit because I couldn't afford all the stuff she does I got really tired of it. I also really don't enjoy watching story after story of her opening her gifted post items...

I’m amazed by how much she is selling her old clothes for on depop - many of them going for upwards of £60! No wonder she loves tidying up.

• Haha
It was the fact that she was so disparaging of parenthood yesterday and someone must have pulled her up as she apologised. She is so envious of her old life pre June where she didn’t have commitments.

And yet these commitments seem to prevent her from doing what exactly? She’s always watching tv with a cup of tea, boohoo. Also imagine a job which includes clearing out her wardrobe and reorganising her house?!

I unfollowed today because she does make me feel envious and I know that isn’t healthy.

Reactions: 7
And yet these commitments seem to prevent her from doing what exactly? She’s always watching tv with a cup of tea, boohoo. Also imagine a job which includes clearing out her wardrobe and reorganising her house?!

I unfollowed today because she does make me feel envious and I know that isn’t healthy.
Comparison is the thief of joy. Unless joy comes in the form of laughing hysterically and snorting my way through Cracklin's insta stories... Then I fully embrace it. 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Yeah I must admit I'm torn between unfollowing and feeling less tit and continuing to follow just to see what vapid content she's managed to pull together in between her endless brews, child-free time, TV watching, opening gifts and whinging.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Yesterday she mentioned she'd lost a ton of followers. She attributed it to the sorting she'd been doing.
I think it's much more likely the constant whining and general nothingness that is her account.

Reactions: 8