Charlotte Greedy @missgreedyshome #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
These MLM companies are a disgrace and all these influencers jumping on them just shows how loose their morals are. They literally dont give a duck about anything but money, everything they do, every story they post is in order to make money. MLMs are targeting SM influencers because SM isnt as regulated as other advertising avenues.

In my opinion they are doing FM in H’s name because clearly they are hoping H can give up her day job and start working from home. All this recent talk about her back problems and Greedy crying every time H has to go to work. I can just see it now. Then they can both be boss babes and H can look after the kids whilst Greedy twats around on the gram telling everyone how amazing and funny she is 😂 if only hey? Keep dreaming hun, you are pond life.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Can’t stand fm or anyone who flogs it but I don’t understand how people could possibly have problems from doing it the people place their order and pay you before you pay anything out if nobody wants to buy then nobody is out of pocket 🤷🏾‍♀️

I doubt i
I don't understand why she made such a fuss. She wasn't actually named, but no doubt then had people looking for who may be on IG talking about her.

If it was in reference to those stories about FM recruiting, then why take it so personally? No one was talking about her or her kids, etc. The predatory nature of MLMs were being spoken about, with reference to the fact that targeting your huge following makes it even more morally wrong! Two minutes on YouTube would show her how manipulative and bad these business models are for the average person. You have a great following and are naive enough to get involved, great, sell your knock off perfumes. But why then hint at having vulnerable people come work with you? You are aware you have a large following consisting of a lot of single or SAH mums, a lot with mental health issues that have actually shared that with you, etc. Your following is made up of the various types of people these schemes prey up on! And as much as she has set up a different page and claims it is H's 'business' now (not your own business, ever, you are paying for the privilege of advertising products that would never make it in retail space with the hopes of making commission! If the MLM folds tomorrow because the regulators step in, you have nothing), you are sharing it at length to your huge following. You know what you are doing and that you are using your following. Those who you do potentially recruit, if they don't have thousands of followers to influence, they are going to struggle! They are likely going to lose more than they make, or barely make anything to make up for the hours they spend trying to get people to buy.

As of the last few weeks (since Vicky Pattison's business announcement) I've fallen down the YouTube rabbit hole (I recommend Kimbyrleigha - big YouTube channel and she also has a legal background!). Can you imagine how many sheep would potentially lose money in these sorts of schemes if a certain army's leader got herself involved in such a 'business'? It is scary they think using their influence this way is okay!
I doubt it was about that I doubt anything happened she just hadn’t had an attention seeking outburst for a while she was due one

Can’t stand fm or anyone who flogs it but I don’t understand how people could possibly have problems from doing it the people place their order and pay you before you pay anything out if nobody wants to buy then nobody is out of pocket 🤷🏾‍♀️
I always assumed it didn't seem as bad as the others either. I cannot find any info to suggest you have to buy expensive starter kits like other MLMs so thought as you would only be selling what people are ordering it shouldn't cause you the same issues as others. But I've seen what some of the distributors are having to buy. Many items seem to be out of stock or low stock, so then they feel pressure to bulk buy some scents and have to hope they'll shift them. Before I realised just how predatory MLMs are, I admit to having bought a couple of FM perfumes, one is a perfume I rarely ever hear of others wearing and a few weeks after it arrived the girl I bought it from contacted me again offering quite a discounted price to take the other 3 bottles she had from her. As I didn't take them (it smelled NOTHING like the real one), I wonder if she ever did manage to flog them. This can also mean that some orders are potentially made before money is received in order to ensure they can secure the stock, and I can imagine on occasions people just don't bother with it.

Many go on to do stalls, etc. and have been encouraged to have stock on hand to sell. I've actually found it really hard to get info about FM (and my friend is so deep in and convinced it will eventually work she is keeping a lot to herself!) so don't know if these are company wide issues or specific to bad uplines.

And then there is the buying that many reps and their families have to do at various points to make sure they are fulfilling requirements to keep ranks/rank up.

If it was as simple as you're only buying what you are selling (and staying away from recruiting), I don't think there would be an issue and people would get on with it, maybe buy more from MLMs. But the model for their business means that those at the bottom need to sell a lot (and sometimes buy it themselves) to ever make money. FM haven't published their income disclosure publicly (FTC requires it for those based/working in the US but FM seems to be Europe based which may be why it is so hard to find, and have ignored requests for it by those asking for it), but almost every other MLM shows that about 90%+ are making relatively insignificant money each year (esp for the time being put in), and it is all gross income predictions, not one of them seems to provide figures to show what that already mostly insignificant amount actually becomes after subtracting any money the rep may have had to pay into the company directly or other costs they may incur as part of running "their business".

Honestly, I've only recently started looking into MLMs and I recommend searching "antimlm" in YouTube or Reddit. Some of it really does remind me of parts of the Leah Rimini series on a particular cult.

Reactions: 3
She has obviously seen other Instagramers with big followings get in trouble for using their platform for mlm company sales. Like Heather the imperfectly perfect parent or something was selling tropic skincare and had to make a seperate page.... There was a few others had to stop selling from their main page.
There's nothing she wont jump on like advertising a diffuser and "essential oils" it was definitely a perfumed oil not a pure essential oil. She doesn't have a clue what she's talking about just flogs anything to earn a few quid!

I really used to love her and her page. But it's such a shame that all she does now is advertise. Literally every story is either her making her bed/making a coffee/making gousto or swipe ups and ads. When she is doing fun stuff that I would probably enjoy watching, that's when she decides to "take a break" 🤣

Reactions: 9
I always assumed it didn't seem as bad as the others either. I cannot find any info to suggest you have to buy expensive starter kits like other MLMs so thought as you would only be selling what people are ordering it shouldn't cause you the same issues as others. But I've seen what some of the distributors are having to buy. Many items seem to be out of stock or low stock, so then they feel pressure to bulk buy some scents and have to hope they'll shift them. Before I realised just how predatory MLMs are, I admit to having bought a couple of FM perfumes, one is a perfume I rarely ever hear of others wearing and a few weeks after it arrived the girl I bought it from contacted me again offering quite a discounted price to take the other 3 bottles she had from her. As I didn't take them (it smelled NOTHING like the real one), I wonder if she ever did manage to flog them. This can also mean that some orders are potentially made before money is received in order to ensure they can secure the stock, and I can imagine on occasions people just don't bother with it.

Many go on to do stalls, etc. and have been encouraged to have stock on hand to sell. I've actually found it really hard to get info about FM (and my friend is so deep in and convinced it will eventually work she is keeping a lot to herself!) so don't know if these are company wide issues or specific to bad uplines.

And then there is the buying that many reps and their families have to do at various points to make sure they are fulfilling requirements to keep ranks/rank up.

If it was as simple as you're only buying what you are selling (and staying away from recruiting), I don't think there would be an issue and people would get on with it, maybe buy more from MLMs. But the model for their business means that those at the bottom need to sell a lot (and sometimes buy it themselves) to ever make money. FM haven't published their income disclosure publicly (FTC requires it for those based/working in the US but FM seems to be Europe based which may be why it is so hard to find, and have ignored requests for it by those asking for it), but almost every other MLM shows that about 90%+ are making relatively insignificant money each year (esp for the time being put in), and it is all gross income predictions, not one of them seems to provide figures to show what that already mostly insignificant amount actually becomes after subtracting any money the rep may have had to pay into the company directly or other costs they may incur as part of running "their business".

Honestly, I've only recently started looking into MLMs and I recommend searching "antimlm" in YouTube or Reddit. Some of it really does remind me of parts of the Leah Rimini series on a particular cult.
I think FM is the only one i’m not thinking is a scam, a lot like Avon, you Make instant commission and then order the products, i cant see anything bad about FM i think she’d have looked into it good and proper before risking promoting, imagine that coming down on her like a tonne of bricks!

Reactions: 1
I think FM is the only one i’m not thinking is a scam, a lot like Avon, you Make instant commission and then order the products, i cant see anything bad about FM i think she’d have looked into it good and proper before risking promoting, imagine that coming down on her like a tonne of bricks!
Most MLMs now have websites set up so that customers go on and order and pay for their order direct through the rep's "shop" and it won't be shipped before payment is made and commission earned, doesn't mean that these reps aren't still losing their own money trying to meet rank requirements, bottles for their own use and as samples for those they can see in person. There are so many things that I don't think we are aware of until you can speak to people who have been inside and 'escaped'. It is definitely made out to seem that it is all simply taking orders and payment then processing them, but the pressure to sell will have people lose out. Maybe they are naive enough not to have considered all of this, but they will likely do fine and quite well out of it. They have a huge following to sell and recruit from so imagine they won't personally lose anything, but those they recruit who really only have a handful of school/mums' group friends and family will struggle to meet various ranks without buying a lot themselves so would have to be satisfied with potentially earning little more than the commission off a bottle or 2 a week or even month despite putting hours in trying to make it work. The huns have all started sharing that we are getting close to Xmas so it's an excellent way to make money (before hinting at cars, bonuses and trips - none of it "free"), but it is becoming a quickly saturated market, so short of buying and gifting an influencer a significant amount in the hopes of being shared (like the body shop one involved with Mario), how are those with small followings going to stand out?

FM has definitely gone under the radar in terms of MLM exposés so far (probably due to the big accounts doing this being American), but it is definitely beginning to be noticed and discussed.

And yes, you'd like to think big accounts would do their homework and only get involved if it is reputable, but Gretchen Rossi of Real Housewives fame is peddling Monat, VP with her 4.6mil followers (last time I checked) got involved with a travel MLM encouraging her followers to become 'independent travel agents' in the middle of a global pandemic whilst the travel industry is facing a lot of redundancies, and there are others doing various other things (was Chloe Ferry not selling Herbalife? I recommend a doc called Betting on Zero for that expose). I don't think they think of the people beneath them. I'm not suggesting they go into it with the intention of causing harm to those they recruit, but it is very easy for them all to do proper research on MLM structures now and no excuse to recruit using their influence.

Anyway, I don't want to de-rail so am stepping off my soap box. I have no issue with them selling the products (although it obviously feeds MLMs to buy!) and said that at the start of my related comments here. They are in a perfect position to sell and do well with their following, and that is great for them - just don't use the influence and power you have over people to suggest they can 'run their own business', and be easily eligible for all the incentives at no cost to themselves, especially if they have small followings.

Reactions: 2
Most MLMs now have websites set up so that customers go on and order and pay for their order direct through the rep's "shop" and it won't be shipped before payment is made and commission earned, doesn't mean that these reps aren't still losing their own money trying to meet rank requirements, bottles for their own use and as samples for those they can see in person. There are so many things that I don't think we are aware of until you can speak to people who have been inside and 'escaped'. It is definitely made out to seem that it is all simply taking orders and payment then processing them, but the pressure to sell will have people lose out. Maybe they are naive enough not to have considered all of this, but they will likely do fine and quite well out of it. They have a huge following to sell and recruit from so imagine they won't personally lose anything, but those they recruit who really only have a handful of school/mums' group friends and family will struggle to meet various ranks without buying a lot themselves so would have to be satisfied with potentially earning little more than the commission off a bottle or 2 a week or even month despite putting hours in trying to make it work. The huns have all started sharing that we are getting close to Xmas so it's an excellent way to make money (before hinting at cars, bonuses and trips - none of it "free"), but it is becoming a quickly saturated market, so short of buying and gifting an influencer a significant amount in the hopes of being shared (like the body shop one involved with Mario), how are those with small followings going to stand out?

FM has definitely gone under the radar in terms of MLM exposés so far (probably due to the big accounts doing this being American), but it is definitely beginning to be noticed and discussed.

And yes, you'd like to think big accounts would do their homework and only get involved if it is reputable, but Gretchen Rossi of Real Housewives fame is peddling Monat, VP with her 4.6mil followers (last time I checked) got involved with a travel MLM encouraging her followers to become 'independent travel agents' in the middle of a global pandemic whilst the travel industry is facing a lot of redundancies, and there are others doing various other things (was Chloe Ferry not selling Herbalife? I recommend a doc called Betting on Zero for that expose). I don't think they think of the people beneath them. I'm not suggesting they go into it with the intention of causing harm to those they recruit, but it is very easy for them all to do proper research on MLM structures now and no excuse to recruit using their influence.

Anyway, I don't want to de-rail so am stepping off my soap box. I have no issue with them selling the products (although it obviously feeds MLMs to buy!) and said that at the start of my related comments here. They are in a perfect position to sell and do well with their following, and that is great for them - just don't use the influence and power you have over people to suggest they can 'run their own business', and be easily eligible for all the incentives at no cost to themselves, especially if they have small followings.
What does “MLM” stand for please?

Reactions: 1
What does “MLM” stand for please?
Multi-level marketing. Basically a pyramid scheme but with a product to make them legal (currently - I've seen in the US one if them has the Washington Attorney General taking them to court! 🤞 it may be about to lead to further regulation/big change).

• Wow
Multi-level marketing. Basically a pyramid scheme but with a product to make them legal (currently - I've seen in the US one if them has the Washington Attorney General taking them to court! 🤞 it may be about to lead to further regulation/big change).
Thankyou , was getting confused with “FM”
And “MLM” wow that’s something serious stuff mind 😮

"I spent the whole weekend without my phone"
Two stories later
"It's mad how many times I went to click on Instagram"

Shut up 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Obviously having new gifted from elsewhere . Disgusting there’s nothing wrong with the ones she has

I'm actually surprised she didn't buy into the current Lenor/Bold gimmick (although she's maybe read the army's reviews already!)...

I get that loads of people use them, and they are convenient, but at what point are all these home accounts/cleaning accounts going to take some responsibility for their influence and start promoting financially and environmentally sustainable means of cleaning and stop using chemical laden wipes??

The reason she didnt buy hinchs new rose wonderland is purely because she wants to distance herself from being likened to her.
And these bloody timers are driving me mad. Most people film before during and after..what's the big deal to make it look perfect, it's a bloody door ffs

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.