Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Mag83

I could listen to the New Zealand accent all day long. And I don't know why but Yorkshire accents are so attractive to me. I'm from N.Ireland so it's a pretty niche accent to be attracted to lol

Reactions: 7

Custard cream

Horrible...

Ellie Goulding and Jess Glynn's singing voices. Awful. Ellie sounds like a sheep being strangled and Jess is so nasally and whiny. I don't understand how either of them sell records.

Anne-Marie's fake Latino / Carribbean singing voice when she's from Essex. Ugh.

Then Billie Eilish and Ariane Grande. Never heard of enunciation, they mumble and murmer every song. Just awful.

Dr. Sarah Jarvis off Jeremy Vine's TV and radio show, you can hear saliva sloshing and clicking in her mouth when she speaks.

Zoe Ball, always sounds out of breath presenting on the radio. It makes me anxious.

Katie Price, so monotonous and lacking in pitch, pace, or enthusiasm. Like that boring priest who does the department store tannoy on Father Ted. 🤣

Piers Morgan. 🤮

Lovely...

Liza Tarbuck, sounds so warm, bubbly, sincere and fun. Love listening to her.

Tom Jones, in fact any Welsh accent is lush.

Julien Baptise from The Missing. Sexy accent and calming tone.

Paddy McGuiness / Peter Kay. I find the Bolton / Burnley / Wigan / Lancs accents quite sexy. But not the Manchester accent funnily enough.

Agree about Kim Woodburn, she's sort of posh Scouse. Like my nan.

Micky Flanagan. His accent and delivery are just adorable. I love his voice and accent.

Jo Whiley, great radio voice.
Ooh yes, Julian Baptist’s - love his voice and accent!

• Heart

ClockworkDolly

VIP Member
It has probably been said before, but Gemma Collins, crikey what a garbled mess that accent is. I’m from Essex and believe me, she is not a good representation of people from the county. The further north you go, the better they speak. However, we all have some kind of accent, but to not be able to articulate yourself properly, there is no excuse for that. Gemma Collins sounds so thick.

• Haha

Jaggythistle

I love Paul Mcganns voice.
Not normally a fan of a Liverpudlian accent, but his is very slight.
He seems to do a lot of voiceover work, so I can't be wrong:cool:

Reactions: 6

Notaninstamum

I adore Geordie accents. The comedian Ross Noble is my absolute favourite.

I also love Kirstie Allsops voice. So soothing & calm but harsh when she wants to be 😆. I also love Will Arnett, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen & David Tennants voices.

Fruitshop

I like a Brummie accent. Everyone seems to hate it. I won't lie and say it's the most attractive 😁 but I do like it! I like South African too.
Despise the Brooklyn/NY accent so, so much.
I like a brummie accent too! Never thought i did until I spent a week in Birmingham…. SO FRIENDLY

Kimberina

Another vote for Joanna Lumley - her voice is lovely - I like James Norton’s too, there’s something about a posh sounding accent!

Also quite partial to Geordie and Irish!

Katie Price’s voice goes through me 😬 same with the Towie lot (no offence to anyone from that neck of the woods!)

Mollie King-How did she end up on the radio? other than being one of the Saturdays
She is just an awful presenter, how she got the job is beyond me! Is it bad that I’m hoping Maya Jama takes her with her? 😂

KINGAA

VIP Member
Glad to know I’m not to only one who thinks Ariana Grande mumbles - I have to read the lyrics when I listen to her music

• Haha
I'm not sure if he counts as a full on celebrity but the youtuber Stampy has such an annoying voice and laugh. Jimmy Carr is up there with the voice and a truly terrible laugh. Also can't stand Michael McIntyre and Alan Carr ugh.

I like nice mellifluous voices, regional accents that are warm, rhythm, tone and even a little musicality in the voice help it to flow. Maureen o Hara had a voice like that. Voices with character or gravitas too like Ian McShane, Sean Connery or Ian Mckellen. Struggling to think of more at the mo.

Margo_Channing

VIP Member
Celeb voices I love (it's a long list I'm sorry)
David Tennant
Jeremy irons
Judi Dench
Helen Mirren
Gillian Anderson
Liam Neeson
Natasha Richardson
Richard E Grant
John Green (the guy who wrote The Fault in our stars)
Helen Bonham Carter
Rachel Weisz
Jemma Redgrave
Vanessa Redgrave
Rachel Tucker
Emma (from the wiggles)
Stephen Fry
Hugh Laurie
Peter capaldi
Piers Brosnan
Emma Thompson
Andrew Scott
Kate Winslet
Louis theroux
Duchess of Cambridge
Princess Diana
Dolly Parton
Adele Haenel
Paul o grady

Celeb voices I hate...
Nearly every single person on loose women with the exception of a few

Katie price
Gemma Collins
Charlotte Crosby
Lady C
Piers Morgan
Laura krunsberg
Catherine Russell (stupid bitch threw jemma Redgrave under the bus also her voice is just ugh!)
Kathleen Turner (used to like it now its just nope)
Stacey fucking dooley
James corden
Ariana grande
Alfie deyes
Jojo siwa
All of the Kartrashians
Tanya burr
Donatella vesarce
Cilla Black
Holly Willoughby
Philip Schofield
Ant and Dec

willow2012

I absolutely LOVE a good voice, especially a low voice that sounds like a mix of silk and just the right amount of gravel - Jon Hamm, George Clooney, Will Arnett are all very good examples. Scarlett J is the typical female example.

I haven’t noticed him mentioned on the thread, but I really like Jude Law’s voice. I might be alone on that one!

Forgot to say voices I hate... anyone nasal. Keir Starmer. David Beckham. Chris Evans (as in TV presenter, not Captain America). Ugh.
YES JUDE LAW