Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
I could listen to the New Zealand accent all day long. And I don't know why but Yorkshire accents are so attractive to me. I'm from N.Ireland so it's a pretty niche accent to be attracted to lol
God, no. The Northern Irish accent is sooooo hot. I mentioned Andy Cairns on another thread. Perfect example, his voice / accent is gorgeous.

People go mad for an Irish accent, which I agree is beautiful. But so is the NI one. 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 8

Unsubscribed

VIP Member
I'm glad someone else mentioned Ruth Langsford - I literally can't stand her voice it feels painful as if she has lockjaw. I must mention it everytime I see her presenting.

I also dislike Gemma Atkinson's voice too muscline

Joe Swash
Holly Willoughby
Mark Owen - high pitched and can't pronounce his Rs
Alex Jones

Voices I like
Joanna Lumley
Brad Pitt
Fern Britton
Morgan Freeman

ladymary

Can I say the whole geordie shore gang of girls. Charlotte crosby her voice in that. Some of them were really attractive girls but their voices. Really chavvy girls. Can't believe all the guys wanting to ride them. How could you 😂 I've never watched it but back a few years when it was really popular you'd see it all the time and their voices 🤢 maybe that's why the guys maybe riding them all the time trying to keep their mouths shut 😂 attractive girls with unattractive voices. Couldn't listen to them

I can't believe how it was such a popular show. They were complete sluts in the show. That was the point of it. They even had to try and get a guy to come up with them to the "shag pad" get them into bed. I remember one sagged a guy and then had another guy into her bed right after. I seen a clip of a show years ago where Charlotte and her parents were watching her on the show in bed with a guy. Her parents were watching her being banged and charlotte covering her face with a cushion. It's awful crap. Can't believe how popular it was. Now that some of them are more mature and influencers bet they regret it now. Sorry I know it's just about voices but it was disgusting filth!

That stupid thing they did the "slut drop" and all the girls my age were doing in clubs and that. Really good job encouraging that. The early middle 2000s was weird. You couldn't show that now. I cannot stand Charlotte crosby. Ever since seeing her on that disgrace of a tv show. I couldn't believe when she'd open her mouth, how could someone want to ride that. Filthy nasty girls. I hated it.

Last edited:

Rockin' Robin

VIP Member
Lovely voices
Ken Doherty the Irish snooker player.
Joanna Lumley.
Caroline Quentin

Horrible voices
Johnny Vegas
Janet Street porter
Stacy Soloman & Joe Swash
Normally I like Welsh accents, but Joanna Page (Gavin& Stacey) has a really grating voice.

My mind has gone blank, I'll come back when I can think of some more.

Last edited:

suspecrobot

Which speaking voices do you like and dislike? I feel bad saying this as someone with an unattractive voice, but:

• Kate Quilton, phlegmy and nasal and exacerbated by her unfortunate northern accent.
• Alice Roberts, I cant stand the way she says some of her vowels, mostly “o” and “ou” sounds. It’s almost enough to make me not watch her programmes. There was always something I didn’t like about her as a person either.
• Carol Klein. I feel bad about this one because I like her as a presenter and as a person. I can overlook her voice, but it is ugly.
• Sangeeta Bhabra. When she first joined Meridian news I couldn’t believe she’d got the job with that nasal voice. I thought, maybe she’s just got a cold, but it never went away.
• Richard Osman: I absolutely love him, but can’t bear the way he makes his “c” and “k” sounds. So much saliva in the back of his mouth.
• Piers Morgan, plummy and strangulated. You can hear how small his mouth is.
• David Cameron, a horrific, worse version of posh that is common among politicians. I hate his emphasis on certain words and syllables, and the way he says “economy”.

Lovely voices:

• Miranda Hart: an acquired taste among voices, I find it deep, characterful and interesting. I like listening to her.
• Kim Woodburn, her voice is stunning, like a natural, more attractive version of Joanna Lumley. She should do audiobooks.
• Neil Oliver, lovely Scottish voice that I could listen to for hours. He does that thing that Brian Cox tries to do of making everything sound wonderous, but Neil does it naturally, and better.
• Mark Labbett: his voice and facial expressions remind me so much of one of my friends, and the familiarity is comforting.
I love Alice Roberts’ accent. Bristolian I think.

Stacey Solomon and Joe Swash make my ears bleed. I couldn’t spend even 30 seconds in their house!
Also Gemma Collins and Mark Wright. There’s a theme here... 😂

Oh, and Stacey Dooley. Hideous.
I agree re Stacey Dooley. Horrendous.

Reactions: 7

maharini

Alex Scott, the sports presenter. For heavens sake, whoever thought to give her a presenting gig?
Rochelle Humes sounds unintelligent and looks and sounds permanently smug.
Paddy McGuinness - grim in every way.
Jeremy Vine. Another person whose presenting career is a mystery to me. Awful.
Sarah bloody Cox. So many vocal tics and much other awfulness. Jo Whiley. Smug & bland.
Love love love Andrew Cotter, Neil the Scottish archaeologist, Lisa Tarbuck, Eddie Mair. Hmm. There’s a theme emerging with the men….

NextLoisLane

Dislike: any vocal fry type

Love: Sean Pertwee . husky loveliness. He does lots of voiceovers as well as acting so it's not just me.

• Heart

Boredofgrey

VIP Member
I'll say it again. Sean Pertwee for me. It helps he's very attractive too.
My husband looks like him. ❤❤ In his cold feet era. Sadly with his Black Country accent he doesn’t sound alike!

Back to voices - I like a comforting voice, David Attenborough and Huw Edwards have calming authoritative voices.
Alan Rickman beats them all for me though.

• Heart

Nadia Vulvokov

Chatty Member
Like:

Annie Mac
Idris Elba
Kirsty Young
Paolo Nutini - Speaking and singing
Sam Fender - same!
Cillian Murphy - he has the most natural beautiful irish accent
Kate McKinnon

Dislike:

Lorraine Kelly
Piers Morgan
Vicky Patterson
Jimmy Carr
Russell Brand
Jack Monroe

ChickenLicking

VIP Member
I just watched Happy Valley series 1 and 2 on the i-player.
Shirley Henderson's voice is weird.
When she was Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter, I thought she was acting, but no, it's her actual voice.
I wouldnt want to listen to an audio book narrated by that voice.

Seriously, an accent is one thing, but the tone or timbre of a voice, what do you do about an unpleasant one?
Can elocution lessons change the tone???
I don't like Shirley Henderson's voice either.

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Nice
Moira Stewart
Trevor McDonald
Anthony Hopkins

Not
Stacey Dooley
Janet Street Porter
Scarlett Moffat
I totally agree with Joanna page suggestion. I think her accent is emphasized and put on.
Alan Carr’s laugh- so put on

Miss Demeanour

Chatty Member
Theres a singer I think shes fairly new out. She sings about castles or something, maybe Freya? Her voice just grates on me I cannot listen to her at all. I'm sure shes a smashing girl but I just wish she would stop.
Is it Freya Ridings you mean? Sounds like she's gargling cotton wool balls? 😣

• Haha