Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

thegirlscout

VIP Member
I saw an advert for The Voice Kids and I heard Paloma Faith talk and instantly wanted to jump out the window

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14

Botafogo

Nice-
Ainsley Harriott-So cheery
Jodie Whittaker-Earthy and homey
Adrian Dunbar-Great for the grillings on Line of Duty
Janette Manara-Lovely Latina influence
David Tennant-Gritty
Nadine Coyle-I am sure a bit marmite but I love it.

Terrible-
Mollie King-How did she end up on the radio? other than being one of the Saturdays? Especially bad the deeper it gets
Gregg Wallace-OTT loud motormouth
Ruth Langsford-Her jaw must ache, sounds like she's attempting to eat a watermelon
Harry Styles-Singing fine, talking just sounds bored all the time.
Helen Skelton-Just something quite childish about it
and the worst of the lot-Robert Peston-What is going on there?

Last edited:
Reactions: 13

ShowMeYourFeline

Chatty Member
Which speaking voices do you like and dislike? I feel bad saying this as someone with an unattractive voice, but:

• Kate Quilton, phlegmy and nasal and exacerbated by her unfortunate northern accent.
• Alice Roberts, I cant stand the way she says some of her vowels, mostly “o” and “ou” sounds. It’s almost enough to make me not watch her programmes. There was always something I didn’t like about her as a person either.
• Carol Klein. I feel bad about this one because I like her as a presenter and as a person. I can overlook her voice, but it is ugly.
• Sangeeta Bhabra. When she first joined Meridian news I couldn’t believe she’d got the job with that nasal voice. I thought, maybe she’s just got a cold, but it never went away.
• Richard Osman: I absolutely love him, but can’t bear the way he makes his “c” and “k” sounds. So much saliva in the back of his mouth.
• Piers Morgan, plummy and strangulated. You can hear how small his mouth is.
• David Cameron, a horrific, worse version of posh that is common among politicians. I hate his emphasis on certain words and syllables, and the way he says “economy”.

Lovely voices:

• Miranda Hart: an acquired taste among voices, I find it deep, characterful and interesting. I like listening to her.
• Kim Woodburn, her voice is stunning, like a natural, more attractive version of Joanna Lumley. She should do audiobooks.
• Neil Oliver, lovely Scottish voice that I could listen to for hours. He does that thing that Brian Cox tries to do of making everything sound wonderous, but Neil does it naturally, and better.
• Mark Labbett: his voice and facial expressions remind me so much of one of my friends, and the familiarity is comforting.

RumNCoke

Chatty Member
Absolutely agree about Jess Glynne! Honestly how did anyone give this goat a record deal?

Cannot understand a single word ariana grande says.

I love Sarah Paulson as an actress but when she whinges/cries I need to mute.

My favourite voice is Evan Peters

• Haha

Diva18

I dislike Joe Swash accent and Gemma Collins. Love Sean Connery's accent. I met Sean Connery.. His voice is even better in person.

PoleStar

Chatty Member
Voices I hate:

Jamie Oliver, too uncultured.
Russell Brand, can't stand him or his grating voice.
Katie Price, coarse and common.
Adele, I hate her speaking voice and her foul language, not big nor clever. As a singer I can take her or leave her.
Jimmy Carr, he just sounds smarmy no matter what he's saying.

Voices I love:

Sir Trevor McDonald, so rich, smooth and velvety - could listen to him all day.
Joanna Lumley, just love her posh voice.
Miranda Hart, sounds soothing and characterful.
Fiona Bruce, always sounds gentle and very calming, even when she's reading the most shocking news stories.
Lenny Henry, I find his voice cheering and "sunny".
Dr Janina Ramirez, just has a wonderful style of delivery, wish she was on television more often.

Gillybean42

VIP Member
The actress Shirley Henderson... idk why but her voice sends shivers down my spine o_O. It's so creepy/scary.

Watch from 1:45
Agree!! Her voice is really creepy! I just watched her in The Nest tv series and found her whole character creepy lol

Reactions: 12
Horrible:
Holly Willoughby - squeaky and fake cheery
Sarah Jarvis - clicky saliva thing
Peston - drips with arrogance and grandiose
Matthew McFadyen - Feel like he's putting on extra poshness ditto for Ben Fogle.
Gemma Collins - 'fink' 'fought' hate the non pronunciation of th correctly.
Joan Bakewell - pronounces 'hours' like 'arrrrse'
Osman: clicky saliva thing too

Nice:
John Hamm - low beautiful
Scarlett Johansson - also low beautiful
Idris Elba - growly and sexy
Sindhu Vee - might be my favourite accent ever

Also, let me introduce you all to David Corenswett, who aside from being an absolute dreamboat looks-wise, has the best, lowest, sexiest voice I have ever heard.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Im surprised no ones said David Beckhams voice as a dislike. I like posh voices or Australian accents. 😊

Cosmo69

Chatty Member
Anyone with vocal fry is unbearable. And that means the majority of female celebs these days.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
I'm a big fan of Ben Wishaw's voice. Q in James Bond and as Paddington. Honestly the most perfect voice for Paddington.

• Heart

Eirawen

VIP Member
I like - Huw Edwards, Kirsty Young has a lovely soothing Scottish accent, I also tend to like Geordie accents I am not mad about Cheryl whateverhersurmaneis now but I like hearing her speak.

I don't lilke
Steph McGovern and Fearne Cotton - nails scraping blackboards
Zoe Ball and Stacy Solomon - they breathe too loudly
Russell Brand very Mickey Mouse
Katy Price - moronic monotone
Mark Wright - not so much his accent but his voice just grates
Noel Gallacher - sounds like he has a pint of spit swilling around in his mouth

Eirawen

VIP Member
When Jesse Glyn sings I have to turn tv/radio off, cannot bear her.

Don't like Stacy Solomon speaking she is all breathy like she's a pervy phonecaller in her spare time.

• Haha

Hevs75

As a bonafide luton girl, I dont talk like stacey Dooley who lived a street away from me, i think her accent is a bit OTT
I love Mark Strong's voice great actor and wonderful voice

Greygardener

Chatty Member
Theres a singer I think shes fairly new out. She sings about castles or something, maybe Freya? Her voice just grates on me I cannot listen to her at all. I'm sure shes a smashing girl but I just wish she would stop.

• Heart