Celebs with ugly/attractive voices

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
dislike the voices of
Jane Horrocks …squeaky
oc maboosi ( I’ve spelt this phonetically as I have no idea how to spelt it)….squeaky

love
jeremy irons…pity he’s a knob
laurence fox…ditto
Rachel Stirling …Diana Riggs daughter
neil Nunes…radio 4 presenter

Reactions: 5
Dislike
Olly Murs, Rylan, Theresa May and Julia Gillard, who both sound quite similar to me. Shrill and nervous.

Heath Ledger, Olivia Hussey, Alec Guinness, Kate Moss, Andy Whitfield, Agyness Deyn, Ian Dury.

I like a Brummie accent. Everyone seems to hate it. I won't lie and say it's the most attractive 😁 but I do like it! I like South African too.
Despise the Brooklyn/NY accent so, so much.

Reactions: 5
I like a Brummie accent. Everyone seems to hate it. I won't lie and say it's the most attractive 😁 but I do like it! I like South African too.
Despise the Brooklyn/NY accent so, so much.
I like a brummie accent too! Never thought i did until I spent a week in Birmingham…. SO FRIENDLY

Reactions: 6
dislike the voices of
Jane Horrocks …squeaky
oc maboosi ( I’ve spelt this phonetically as I have no idea how to spelt it)….squeaky

love
jeremy irons…pity he’s a knob
laurence fox…ditto
Rachel Stirling …Diana Riggs daughter
neil Nunes…radio 4 presenter
Why is Jeremy Irons a knob?

Reactions: 4
Richard Armitage’s voice is just silky and beautiful. Much like the man himself.
He’s from quite near where I live. Husband has the name Armitage in close family so he did ponder at one point if he might be related (he’s not sadly)

---

Being the Northern lass I am, I like a Northern accent. I am very strange in that I do love Scouse accents. I lived there for some time and I was engaged to a Scouse guy.
Lee Latchford Evans from Steps has a lovely accent. Although he’s originally from the Wirral and his accent is mostly pretty neutral now, you can occasionally hear a slight Scouse inflection on some of his words and I love it.
Sam Fender- ohhhh! He’s from the same place in the North East as my mam and his accent is ‘propa belter’ Love his singing voice too.
While it’s no secret on here that I am a humongous fan of Freddie Flintoff anyway his accent makes me weak at the knees. 😂I’ve met him twice and both times when he spoke to me I was like oh my actual life, mop and wet floor sign
Danny Dyer. Another one who could recite the list of bin collection days in my ear and have my knicker elastic melting 😂😂

Dislike- Sarah Millican. Far too screechy for my liking.
David Beckham. My ex was from the same part of London and went to school with Becks. Although he had an accent he spoke nicely, unlike Becks.
Anyone who mumbles/speaks too quickly. I’m very hard of hearing and I rely quite heavily on lip reading. Although I can hear bits and if someone speaks clearly and in my line of vision I can have a good conversation, a lot of the time it’s quite difficult.

Last edited:
I love two Radio 2 newsreaders' voices. Harvey Cook's is warm and cosy and Jason Kaye's is more boyish and cheerful. I just Googled Jason Kaye and kept getting images of Jason Kay from Jamiroquai - a whole different kettle of Jasons!

Reactions: 2
I just watched Happy Valley series 1 and 2 on the i-player.
Shirley Henderson's voice is weird.
When she was Moaning Myrtle in Harry Potter, I thought she was acting, but no, it's her actual voice.
I wouldnt want to listen to an audio book narrated by that voice.

Seriously, an accent is one thing, but the tone or timbre of a voice, what do you do about an unpleasant one?
Can elocution lessons change the tone???
Came on here to say the same! So odd

Annoying - Natasha Raskin-Sharp, the TV presenter. Her voice just sets my teeth on edge for some reason.

Reactions: 1
Jay Baruchel has one of the worst, most grating voices I've ever heard.

Reactions: 1
Why is Jeremy Irons a knob?
I was going to ask the same thing.

I dislike Shirley Henderson's voice too. The girl who played Sinead in Corrie. Andrea MacLean. And I'm sorry, cos she is a lovely person IRL, but Kaye Adams, sounds is if she has a bllcked nose all the time.

Then Billie Eilish and Ariane Grande. Never heard of enunciation, they mumble and murmer every song. Just awful.
They're the absolute worst when it comes to diction! Drives me batty since they're ALWAYS on the radio!

---

I adore Geordie accents. The comedian Ross Noble is my absolute favourite.

I also love Kirstie Allsops voice. So soothing & calm but harsh when she wants to be 😆. I also love Will Arnett, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen & David Tennants voices.
I could listen to Jade Thirlwall and Perrie Edwards talk Geordie all day, no lie. I love a good Geordie accent, as well as Yorkshire and Scouse.

I know it's probably unfair of me to judge because a lot of people can't help it, but a lisp is a surefire way for a voice to absolutely make me bonkers.

Attractive:
—Tim Curry
—Leonard Cohen (he could read the dictionary and I bet he still would have sounded attractive)
—Kim Gordon (love deep female voices)
—Carl Barât of the Libertines (lovely voice, horrible enunciation though)

Ugly:
—Not ugly per se, but I always have great difficulty understanding the Gallagher brothers, especially Liam. He always sounds like he has something in his mouth.
—Anyone with vocal fry