Celebrity Big Brother 2024 #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She has spoken.
Anyone would think she’d been captured by terrorists. She should have just turned up, it would have been fine, it was a happy night, no one would have been out to get her: the wheels on the bus go round and round, they’re not programmed to do otherwise.

Reactions: 18
All she did was get called out I don’t get what the big deal is 😂 it’s like people have never watched BB before

Reactions: 19
I think Ekin-Su is still recovering from the shock of being evicted so early on and NOT BEING THE ACTUAL WINNER.

Imo, this is what happens when certain types of parents pump up their little princes & princesses to believe they're the most perfect things and the best things ever in the whole wide world. Nothing at all wrong with parents encouraging & supporting their children and instilling a sense of confidence - that's what parents should do - but some go way beyond that and have their kids believing they can do, and have, and should have anything (job-related, etc) they want. When the children find out this may not be the case, they go into complete meltdown. I've seen this happen myself with a friend's children, unfortunately.

Life is a challenge - and oh boy, is it ever! Sometimes, if we're lucky, we're winners - sometimes we're losers. As the Americans would say: suck it up. And keep trying. It's what most of us call 'living in the real world'.

Reactions: 21
Jade Goody's 15 year anniversary coincided with the CBB final last night. Can you believe it?!

Please, please 🙏 get your regular smears ladies. 5 minutes might save your precious lives.

X

1000002381.jpg

1000002382.jpg

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 25
I presume that his family or friends or both were nearby. They would have been called on like the others who went in for the actual rendezvous, with the other housemates.

So it was a sudden departure but then he got to see them off camera, as soon as he left. I didn't see it as being all that bad tbh.
He said that he got to see his sister for one minute before he had to go into hiding. He was evicted around 9pm.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I think Ekin-Su is still recovering from the shock of being evicted so early on and NOT BEING THE ACTUAL WINNER.

Imo, this is what happens when certain types of parents pump up their little princes & princesses to believe they're the most perfect things and the best things ever in the whole wide world. Nothing at all wrong with parents encouraging & supporting their children and instilling a sense of confidence - that's what parents should do - but some go way beyond that and have their kids believing they can do, and have, and should have anything (job-related, etc) they want. When the children find out this may not be the case, they go into complete meltdown. I've seen this happen myself with a friend's children, unfortunately.

Life is a challenge - and oh boy, is it ever! Sometimes, if we're lucky, we're winners - sometimes we're losers. As the Americans would say: suck it up. And keep trying. It's what most of us call 'living in the real world'.
10000% this

She's now peddling on a PTSD, bullying narrative and if she goes down that route, expect a bleeping roasting.

She's in a the same book as roxanne pallette in my eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 15
10000% this

She's now peddling on a PTSD, bullying narrative and if she goes down that route, expect a bleeping roasting.

Did Levi ever expand on the alleged micro aggressions? I didn’t see any bullying in the house. They all seemed to get on fine.

EDIT micro bullying.

Reactions: 4
And he got a feature episode on the live show which shows him on really good light, he's a nice young man.
I didn't see that but I agree, and he was there last night, with a big smile on his face.

Ekin-Su could probably learn a thing or two from him. I haven't read the latest from her but honestly she would have been far better off, imo, to appear last night along with the rest of the housemates.

Reactions: 12
Yes, I always remember Jade's anniversary. And of course her CBB was unfortunately the most notorious (I thought on the night that Jedward and Gemma Collins were posting whilst having their roast dinner, that the Louis controversy might in fact give 2007 a run for its money, but it wasn't to be).

I thought, back then in 2007, and still do, that Jade was demonised too much. Yes, absolutely, it's not at all acceptable to refer to someone as 'Shilpa Poppadom', but when Jade yelled 'go back home then' to Shilpa, it wasn't like she was telling a British resident to return to the country of their ethnic origin. Shilpa had come into the house with a rather superior attitude, and had mentioned more than once how she had servants to cater for her in her home in India. and was very much looking forward to returning to her lifestyle there.

Jade was under a great deal of pressure, embarrassed by the behaviour of her mum, whom she cared deeply about. She said to Ken Russell, shortly after she entered the house, that she was scared her appearance on CBB might ruin everything for her children. She hadn't wanted to return to Big Brother at all, but the producers made an offer she could hardly refuse - to pay her grandparents for their appearance. It was a crazy set-up, and I felt that she paid a very heavy price for her bad-tempered outbursts, whilst her cronies cheered her on, and even riled her up, but they mostly got away without any consequences.

The biggest fight was over the use of Oxo cubes. And a chicken that Shilpa insisted would be cooked in a half an hour.

And Jade's mum, God help her - yes, she was a bit of an eejit (and still is, apparently), but when she entered the house she said 'pleased to meet you' to everyone. Sure, she never seemed to manage to pronounce Shilpa's name correctly (which is not acceptable...but um....'Colson', 'Coulston', 'Colchester' anyone?) but she tried to do her best at the start. When she left the house, in a shock eviction, in her bare feet, Jade must have felt so awful. She'd had a lifetime of looking after her mum, and now this....

And yet, Jade wasn't bitter about the whole sorry mess afterwards.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

There was a mum at one of my school sports days once who went to the teacher and demanded her kid got a medal as well for "His great effort" and how it wasn't fair for her son to watch his friends get medals when he didn't have one. It was just pathetic. That kid then turned into a horrible, arrogant teenager and I hate to think how he is now. Encourage children but don't make them believe they are the best of the best

Reactions: 14
Yes, I always remember Jade's anniversary. And of course her CBB was unfortunately the most notorious (I thought on the night that Jedward and Gemma Collins were posting whilst having their roast dinner, that the Louis controversy might in fact give 2007 a run for its money, but it wasn't to be).

I thought, back then in 2007, and still do, that Jade was demonised too much. Yes, absolutely, it's not at all acceptable to refer to someone as 'Shilpa Poppadom', but when Jade yelled 'go back home then' to Shilpa, it wasn't like she was telling a British resident to return to the country of their ethnic origin. Shilpa had come into the house with a rather superior attitude, and had mentioned more than once how she had servants to cater for her in her home in India. and was very much looking forward to returning to her lifestyle there.

Jade was under a great deal of pressure, embarrassed by the behaviour of her mum, whom she cared deeply about. She said to Ken Russell, shortly after she entered the house, that she was scared her appearance on CBB might ruin everything for her children. She hadn't wanted to return to Big Brother at all, but the producers made an offer she could hardly refuse - to pay her grandparents for their appearance. It was a crazy set-up, and I felt that she paid a very heavy price for her bad-tempered outbursts, whilst her cronies cheered her on, and even riled her up, but they mostly got away without any consequences.

The biggest fight was over the use of Oxo cubes. And a chicken that Shilpa insisted would be cooked in a half an hour.

And Jade's mum, God help her - yes, she was a bit of an eejit (and still is, apparently), but when she entered the house she said 'pleased to meet you' to everyone. Sure, she never seemed to manage to pronounce Shilpa's name correctly (which is not acceptable...but um....'Colson', 'Coulston', 'Colchester' anyone?) but she tried to do her best at the start. When she left the house, in a shock eviction, in her bare feet, Jade must have felt so awful. She'd had a lifetime of looking after her mum, and now this....

And yet, Jade wasn't bitter about the whole sorry mess afterwards.
It so refreshing to read the same perspective I've always had about Jade Goody and THAT CBB. She made mistakes, yes but she was crucified! Yet the other two got off scot free. It was appalling and I've often wondered would she have ever regained her popularity had she not died? She still to me is one of the BB icons. Nikki Graeme being another. Both young women sadly no longer with us which is heartbreaking.

Going back to Jade, it always irritated me that Jade had to pay the price in the bullying, yet the bigger witches were Jo and Danielle! The production made a huge error in taking in Jade's family, her Mother (awful misguided, woman) and the boyfriend later, husband Jack at the time.

How Jade was treated after CBB was appalling. But yes she showed remorse and humility in the backlash.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
10000% this

It's a convenient deflection tactic when things don't go their way and it can also be a nice earner for them in the future. No doubt #bekind will get trotted out and Caroline Flack will also get a mention.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Seeing as Jade Goody has been mentioned.
Ekin-Su thinks she’s been bullied, etc then she should take a look at how the newspapers reported on Jade when she was on civilian BB. It was vile, truly vile. Thank goodness social media didn’t exist back then because the press were bad enough, calling her a pig, etc. It was shameful.

Reactions: 26
It so refreshing to read the same perspective I've always had about Jade Goody and THAT CBB. She made mistakes, yes but she was crucified! Yet the other two got off scot free. It was appalling and I've often wondered would she have ever regained her popularity had she not died? She still to me is one of the BB icons. Nikki Graeme being another. Both young women sadly no longer with us which is heartbreaking.

Going back to Jade, it always irritated me that Jade had to pay the price in the bullying, yet the bigger witches were Jo and Danielle! The production made a huge error in taking in Jade's family, her Mother (awful misguided, woman) and the boyfriend later, husband Jack at the time.

How Jade was treated after CBB was appalling. But yes she showed remorse and humility in the backlash.
Obviously Jade got it worse in other ways but Danielle lost her relationship over it

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.