Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
I am pretty sure I met Wanda Ventham (Actress & Benedict Cumberbatch's mother) in Clapham when I asked for directions. She was outside her house, a terraced house that was very well kempt. Very polite but didn't seem to know where the local pub was. šŸ¤£

Reactions: 4

I am undercover

Chatty Member
Ooh last post just prompted me - Iā€™ve met Calum Best when I was much younger. He was absolutely lovely but surprisingly on the shy side. Better to look at in the flesh.

Reactions: 4

quinzel

VIP Member
I would LOVE to know the details! Iā€™ve heard so much about him being an absolute bellend
Didn't have much interaction with him but there was just a general air of "don't you know who I am", total dickhead vibes. Looked at people like they were dirt!

• Wow
Reactions: 3

Hunnyangel

Why wouldnā€™t he take his place in the queue? Itā€™s not like a b lister trying to get into the vip section of a club. He would look a right twonk if he tried the donā€™t you know who I am at Costco. Although perhaps Holly and Phil might give it a go.
Well yes but you never know with some as you say look at holly and Phil šŸ˜¬

SwimmingPigs

Chatty Member
Roxanne Pallet! I was at a Jason Manford stand up gig at MEN arena in Manchester around 2010 and were were in the foyer before being allowed to go into the actual arena. I was waiting for my boyfriend and I was quite dressed up. She was near me and I recognised her from her emmerdale days. I looked at her and smiled and I swear she gave me the dirtiest look up and down ever and wouldnā€™t stop staring at me. I could feel her staring at the corner of my eye and I looked again and she was still staring in a really bitchy way so I asked her what her problem was. She said something along the lines of ā€œIā€™ve not got a problem, donā€™t speak to meā€. My boyfriend came over and I quickly told him what had happened and he said if youā€™ve got an issue, please speak up and called her a silly bitch šŸ˜­ She then moved away.
I donā€™t think she was as well known back then, I only knew her through emmerdale. She had an AWFUL vibe about her and I just felt the nastiness oozing out of her. I believe every single story from ex cast mates and celebs of bad encounters theyā€™ve had with her. She made me feel so self conscious and like dirt and we hardly even spoke.
She was very small and petite, pretty but overpowered by bad vibes if that makes sense!

:eek: Who was she with?

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
Quoting this as I know the family who owned the tile company (now sold) and it is 100% true about Holden. Holden was an entitled bitch about it and expected her tiles to be free after the wrong ones were delivered by mistake. The owner made it into a huge joke after she pulled the 'don't you know who I am card' and even did a sale themed around her name for new customers. She even wanted a customer service advisor to be sacked for making a jokey response on Twitter. She has no sense of humour. I think they handled it really well and pulled Holden down a peg or two in the process. They even got extra business afterwards which was good because they have a critically ill disabled child in addition to other wee ones so extra money always helps.
I think what you see is what you get with Amanda, she can be a Madame but is a decent person overall, unlike Holly Willoughby who is as fake as Katie Price's bosom.

Reactions: 2

Little Fluffy Clouds

Forgot to add in

Ugly

Katie price - have posted yonks ago but a long time ago when I was married went to Sandals Exuma with ex-h.

Returning guests and you get white glove dinner service if returning guest. A Sandals host, upon my curiosity told me how much they despised Katie price and the whole her being banned thing was wholly down to her attitude

Bahamas Royal resort. Lovely guy who worked there and our table was p bland so got all the gossip through him. Circa 2013. She got a ban anyway and refund as long as she did not return..
Slight digress but if you can get to a Sandals even at basic level it is phenomenal. Not just for the KP skank Goss. The food is blow your mind

1001 others

VIP Member
Camilla Sacre-Dallerup - such a lovely, lovely lady! So pretty and just very genuine.
I didn't realise she's an HSP ... she hides it very well!

Peachsquish

VIP Member
Calum Best is indeed very lovely. Beautiful manners and very charming.
I have met Ronan Keating, but it was at a signing so he was nice. Iā€™ve heard others say heā€™s a nasty piece of work though.
Iā€™ve met so many famous people- I think Iā€™ve mentioned a fair few on various threads so itā€™s probably easier just to round them up as it were.

Lee Ryan- as mentioned above, lovely guy. Iā€™ve been following him for years and he knows me now. He once stopped my wheelchair having a nasty accident and was incredibly lovely to me when I had cancer.

Duncan James- absolute queen bitch. I do not like the guy. Heā€™s sweet as sugar if he thinks heā€™ll get something out of you, though. Usually having his enormous ego massaged.

Jamie Redknapp- lovely but an absolute flirt.

Freddie Flintoff- also lovely but shy to the point of being abrupt. I read in his book that heā€™s anxious around people who he thinks might like him, and he can come across abrupt for that reason. The first time I met him I was so nervous I was almost in tears (I suffer with severe social anxiety) and I think he clocked that too. Actually funnily enough it was exactly one year today that I last met him when I was in the audience for Top Gear.

Danny Dyer- heā€™s an absolute geezer. I met him after his show at the Harold Pinter theatre and although he nearly set fire to my wig with his cigarette when he hugged me, heā€™s very lovely. Has time for anyone who wants him but seems genuinely bemused by all the attention he gets.

James Arthur- an absolute sweetheart who genuinely loves his fans, but he can be hard to get near. Doesnā€™t seem to like it when others are ā€˜more famousā€™ than him as heā€™s used to being the centre of attention. However if you can grab his attention heā€™s a darling.

Lee from Steps- heā€™s a bit arsey. Lovely to look at, but arsey.

Chris Ramsey- love him to bits. Used to have some mental convos with him but ever since that very unlovely wife of his got ideas above her station heā€™s not like he used to be. I saw him at the NTAā€™s but I donā€™t think he recognised me.

Roman Kemp- we are distantly related so my experience is probably a little different but harking back to the days before I told him and I was just another fan, heā€™s always in a huge hurry but will stop for a quick autograph or photo for anyone who wants it. Heā€™s very sweet too.

Stephen Mulhern- heā€™s weird. Not keen on him at all. My mate is utterly obsessed with him and heā€™s nice to her when heā€™s got his persona on but the rest of the time he pretends to be talking on the phone and he isnā€™t, he just thinks heā€™s better than everyone.

Ant and Dec- Dec is a darling. Heā€™s lovely. My relatives lived near him when he was growing up and when I spoke to him about them he remembered their names without me telling him. Ant is weird. Not keen on him either.
Weird how for Ant?
The Stephen one sounds funny, always the hope that someone will ring whilst he's pretending to be on the phone.

• Haha

LydiaDeetzHat

VIP Member
Iā€™d love to think he did and was just being a bit flirty with her šŸ˜‚
---

I once read an amazing anecdote about him, where he wound the window of his limo up on the hand of a fan asking for an autograph and the fanā€™s mum just stormed over and slapped him in the face. I really hope it was true.
For anyone who may be interested in Ronan Keating, we used to drink before the football at the pub opposite the old Riverside studios. They used to film /broadcast some pop tv show over there - cant recall the name. Apparently one day Danni Minogue was said to be there so my mate Dave the Plumber sent me over to get her autograph. As I approached the door was blocked by Ronan Keating. To which.. yet again I surprised myself I remarked.... get out of my way you talentless midget!

Reactions: 1

Ravenstown

VIP Member
I'm surprised to hear that about Roger Daltry. I know a few people who've met him over the years and he was pretty unpleasant to each of them.

• Wow
Reactions: 1