Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

SuperhansKnitting

Chatty Member
First post from longtime lurker

Around the time Cutting It was being filmed in Manchester, I encountered Les Dennis at the bus stop outside the Spar. He was singing to himself really quite loudly as if he wanted to be noticed. Intriguingly, his eyebrows looked like they'd been drawn on by a toddler with a sharpie.

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Little Fluffy Clouds

Ugly
Jimmy Saville - I'm 47 now but was 17 ish, in Blackpool. He had done a charity thing. He was stood outside with a group of young children near horse shoe bar. Got his autograph though he made my skin crawl. Major bad vibes.

Rolf Harris - prior to the Saville. Me and bro got took to show at Preston Guildhall, waited backstage with mum. Autograph again but no vibes though really disgusted he another bad one.

I know Liam Gallagher is a bad un. I had a friend who was related to Liza Ghorbani. Met her mum and one of her other sisters (decent people). Liam does not give a f about his daughter Gemma and made that family life hell. Cannot say more but he is a c u next Tuesday.

Nick Knowles - in my past life I spent a lot of time at BSB (British Superbikes) 2015 to 2016. Nick was in Shakey Byrne's garage one day, he gave major ick too. Arrogant, icky and just did not enjoy his presence.

David Moyes - not a personal meet though he met an old friend of mine and enjoyed her "company" whilst happily married (I know it takes 2 but we don't always know)

Good

Keith Flint Prodigy - RIP Keith. Sterling all around bloke. Followed him via Prod, Glasto 95, various gigs and met him and got hugs and kiss at BSB 2016. He managed a team. ❤ Him. Bumped into him in my rave days at Hippodrome club too, just top geezer.

Zac Foley EMF - sadly now deceased but I won tickets to see Adamski at Ritz In Manchester in my youth. EMF new, Derry signed baseball cap I bought, I crushed on Zac and even had his home address in Cinderford we wrote a while in innocence but he sadly committed suicide.

Keith Duffy - worked at a shithole place in Lancs that had awards for best place to work (bought) he visited. Handsome in real life and I got geeky starstruck once with him but got good vibes.

Jimmy Carr - Southport convention centre. Lot smaller than thought but funny man and had a laugh.

Sean Lock - as above but different venue. Sadly, RIP again.

Carl Fogarty - decent down to earth

Shakey Byrne - as above

Im rambling but it's been mostly random but JMO. ☮

Think more but my 2 puccenworth x

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Libbylulu

VIP Member
Had a few meet ups and dinner with Sir Bobby Robson and his wife. Absolutely lovely people. No airs and graces, funny, interesting and very interested in whoever he was talking to.

Rebel Wilson. Nice lady, much quieter and shy than her persona.

Geoffrey Boycott. Complete arse!

Sian Philips. Professional, quiet, polite

Stephen Merchant, nice guy

• Heart
Reactions: 13

Grols

At the risk of giving my age away, many years ago I met Johnny Mathis. He was very shy but gracious and lovely with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 12

ejf26

First time writing a post on tattle, so please excuse any typos.
I’ve had a couple of “celebrity” encounters and my mum has aswell.
My mum once spoke to Princess Diana. Some members of the royal family we’re getting a private train to ascot and my mum worked at the ticket office. Andrew didn’t even acknowledge my mum and her friend,Fergie just smiled and Diana had a full on conversation with my mum. My mum was star struck and said she was just lovely but seemed slightly uncomfortable. She also met Boris back when the Olympics was on and he apparently was surprisingly nice and brought everyone a tea/coffee.

I’ve met David Cameron on a school trip to Westminster, had a class picture outside no.10 and he came walking back to number 10. From what I can remember he stayed and answered any questions we had for him.

Met Bradley Walsh at a panto. Really funny bloke and not over confident with it.

Don’t know his name, but Mr poppy from Nativity 😂he spoke to my brother who had a speech impediment for a really long time. My brother was only 4 - don’t think he remembers it😂

Saw Sam and Billie Faiers in a restaurant, didn’t speak to them but they are very pretty in real life.

I only vaguely remember this, but according to my mum we was once in the security queue at the airport with Dawn French. She was apparently making jokes to everyone, even if they were businessmen who had no interest in her.

Last one, met the man who plays Captain James in Our girl, honestly the nicest man. He was genuinely shocked that I knew who he was and was so humble… and very good looking 😉

Reactions: 12

thunderlightningx

I met Hugh Jackman in London about 3 years ago. Literally the nicest man ever. Spent ages talking and seemed genuinely interested in chatting. He smelt amazing too *swoon*
never heard a bad word about him when you hear of people who have met him! Lots of other celebs name him as a complete gent

Reactions: 11

FenellaTheWitch

VIP Member
I was hoping that too 😂
Ant is very distant and almost cold with how he comes across whereas Dec is totally the opposite, warm, friendly and engaging.
A friend of mine met them both not so long ago whilst filming something and said exactly the same. Dec was lovely but Ant kept very much to himself.

Ant can thank his lucky stars that being with Dec saved his career. It seems everyone adores Dec, not so much Ant.

redstraw16

VIP Member
I physically walked into Tracey Emin, she was walking around a corner and because I was looking to see if I could cross the road ahead I walked straight into her. She scoffed at me as if I’d slapped her even though I’d apologised and she wasn’t paying attention either… 😅

Pete Doherty, very weird energy but I think this was before he was sober so that’s probably why, came across like he always had somewhere to be when you spoke to him, nobody where I lived liked him after his huskies killed a neighbours cat but he still kept parading around with them.

John Partridge (Christian in Eastenders) on a very busy train, sunshades on, a guy tried asking him for a pic and he made a point of looking at him then putting his EarPods in to ignore him, made the rest of the journey really awkward.

I’ve met Dermot O’Leary twice, both locally and backstage at an X-Factor show. Both times he was lovely, so was Sharon Osbourne, very warm, and she was the same on another occasion I met her. Louis Walsh was refusing to speak to anyone backstage or come out of his dressing room unless he absolutely had to, and when he did his tone of speaking to people was terrible, just a very rude man.

Tyga (rapper, Kylie’s ex) at Ministry of Sound years ago, both him and his team got the absolute arse on when we wouldn’t let our very drunk 18 year old naive friend go backstage with him and them, and he himself basically called us all bitches because none of us would go back with him, does NOT handle rejection well.

• Heart

Hinkypunk2003

Mark Owen - many, many years ago, I was sitting in a salt cave and Take That’s Mark Owen came in with his son (who was then a toddler). Mark sat next to me and me, the dumb cow that I am, asked if he came to the salt cave often 🤣🤦🏻‍♀️ He said it’s usually the boy’s mother who comes to the salt cave as his son has breathing problems but they came regularly. Anyway, Mark had no control over Elwood (think that was his name) whatsoever. Elwood kept being naughty and completely ignored Mark when he told him off. Mark then started flicking through OK! Magazine and was reading an interview with Peter Andre when his son opened the door and left the room. Mark didn’t even notice! After a few seconds, I nudged Mark and told him that his son had left and Mark immediately threw his mag down and ran out of the room. He found him and when Mark came back, he told us he was leaving and wished us well in life! He was very humble and down to earth. I don’t know why I wasn’t offered free Take That tickets for “saving” his son though - who knows where he would have ended up if I hadn’t said anything to Mark?! 😂

Have also met Darcy Bussell in Wimbledon when her kids came running up to meet the puppy I was walking. She was lovely and friendly and told me that they had 2 dogs called Lolly and Pop (I think).

Met Joely Richardson briefly when she was walking a dog - tall and polite.

Patsy Palmer nearly ran me over (my fault) when I was running across the road outside Elstree studios. I saw her again soon after in a card shop and I apologised to her for running in front of her car. She was fine about it and gave me an autograph 😆

I also went to school with Owais Shah who used to play cricket for England. Not academic at all but a nice bloke.

• Heart

hehehe

VIP Member
I think what you see is what you get with Amanda, she can be a Madame but is a decent person overall, unlike Holly Willoughby who is as fake as Katie Price's bosom.
I'm not getting "decent person overall" from any of these Amanda stories no.

Reactions: 10

EllenDeGenerate

Chatty Member
I saw Morten Harket up close at a services station in Ireland a couple of years back. He's beautiful. By the way, he was holding a copy of Sally Rooney's Normal People. Can't exactly say I met him though😁 Unfortunately.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Lurkerlurker2019

Chatty Member
Roxanne Pallet! I was at a Jason Manford stand up gig at MEN arena in Manchester around 2010 and were were in the foyer before being allowed to go into the actual arena. I was waiting for my boyfriend and I was quite dressed up. She was near me and I recognised her from her emmerdale days. I looked at her and smiled and I swear she gave me the dirtiest look up and down ever and wouldn’t stop staring at me. I could feel her staring at the corner of my eye and I looked again and she was still staring in a really bitchy way so I asked her what her problem was. She said something along the lines of “I’ve not got a problem, don’t speak to me”. My boyfriend came over and I quickly told him what had happened and he said if you’ve got an issue, please speak up and called her a silly bitch 😭 She then moved away.
I don’t think she was as well known back then, I only knew her through emmerdale. She had an AWFUL vibe about her and I just felt the nastiness oozing out of her. I believe every single story from ex cast mates and celebs of bad encounters they’ve had with her. She made me feel so self conscious and like dirt and we hardly even spoke.
She was very small and petite, pretty but overpowered by bad vibes if that makes sense!
I saw her at friends fest a few years ago. Lapping up the press attention and walking around like she owned the place. Absolutely vile woman.

Reactions: 9

Halfafritter

Oh loving this thread! I’m sure I’ve got lots I can’t remember, here’s a few, nothing very exciting…

Danny Jones (mcfly) - bumped into him Christmas shopping at westfields, really nice guy, got a photo. Georgia his wife was lovely too

Jamie Laing & Sophie Habboo - met through work, both really lovely and exactly as they come across online to be honest. He gave me some candy kittens 😂

DJ Fat Tony - again through work, hadn’t heard of him before, but really wonderful, kind man. Pleased I know who he is now, he’s cool!

Piers Brosnan - crashed our boat into his punting, he made a joke, seemed very nice

Philip Schofield - this was maybe 10 years ago? Up himself, smarmy, made me feel uncomfortable, like I was blessed to be in his presence

David Haye - met at an airport, had a photo with my other half, friendly enough

Lee Ryan - really friendly, cheeky, I liked him!

Calum Best - nice guy, friendly, not very intelligent

I’ve met quite a few footballers through work, all very humble and almost shy actually. But I don’t like football… just Jack Grealish and I haven’t met him sadly!

• Heart

House of Tea

VIP Member
I met Jake wood at Costco during lockdown there was a huge queue we were waiting to go in and he just went and took his place in the queue really nice guy….. also met joe pasquale a few times he really is lovely… he performed at hopton holiday park when I was a child. Also met Duncan goodhew my mum has a pic somewhere at pontins I believe when I was a child. All really nice ppl
Why wouldn’t he take his place in the queue? It’s not like a b lister trying to get into the vip section of a club. He would look a right twonk if he tried the don’t you know who I am at Costco. Although perhaps Holly and Phil might give it a go.

• Haha

maharini

Amelle Berrabah - lovely. Met her a few years ago and she was very chatty, she also said I had lovely eyes. She is tiny in real life!
Jenny McAlpine - also lovely. Sister has met her a few times and said she is always very friendly.
Noel Edmonds - vile. Came into Co-op and said 'Excuse me, if anybody touches, talks, or even looks me, I’ll leave!'. He couldn’t handle the lack of attention and furiously left after less than 2 minutes.
Antony Cotton - awful. Very unfriendly towards staff and thinks he’s better than everyone.
I can second Noel Edmonds as a complete tosser. Did a Christmas kids thing with him and he was absolutely horrible to everyone and completely up his own arse.

Reactions: 8

FoxyBingo

VIP Member
An aside : My brother met him on their sun holiday years ago. He was very kind to my nephew, and posed for photos. My brother said he was a gentleman. When they got home, they got a beautiful photo enlarged and professionally-framed, of Frank and my nephew standing at the waters edge together. Its such a happy image, and how I like to remember my smiling beautiful nephew - he died in his sleep a two years ago. 💔
What a wonderful memory - I am so sorry for your loss x

• Heart

BobbyBoos

VIP Member
Kimberley Walsh, Nadine Coyle & Nicola Roberts - Absolutely lovely
Sarah Harding (RIP) - Quite rude, she was only interested in seeing the girls she'd met previously, this hurt me for a v. long time (I'm a huge GA fan) and took me ages to get over until I watched her on CBB.
Liz Hurley - a bitch.

• Sad