CBS Oprah interview - Meghan Markle & Prince Harry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There is no way in the fires if hell she didn’t read or see any reports about her and didn’t google Harry or his family. 😐
There was an interview she did years ago where she was asked if she'd prefer to date William or Harry, and she said William, so how she can claim not knowing who he was is anyone's guess!

I remember it being shown on the news around the time of them either officially dating or getting engaged.

Reactions: 4
I think perhaps people don't understand that Meghan couldn't just get therapy when she needed it most, because a request like this would have to go through the Queen, and she has now said in the interview her request was denied as it would look bad. Diana was suffering from bulimia, passing out at events, self harming, throwing herself down the stairs and was still refused any real help at first, they just tried to get her to take Valium and she refused because she was pregnant. When she finally did get counselling her counsellor was secretly on retainer with the press for £1000 per week to reveal her secrets. Is it really a stretch of the imagination to think that Meghan would be refused help when she asked simply due to how it might look or sound if the public found out?

Have been listening to a podcast about Diana so that parallel just really stood out to me today after seeing the highlights of the interview.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
As someone who lives with MH conditions, I’m always shocked (but not surprised) when someone says they didn’t get any MH help. It just seems very juxtaposed against her MH charity work with Harry, Kate and William - was she physically stopped from getting private MH help?

Reactions: 3
It's interesting that Meghan is vilified for apparently having an obsession with TRF and engineering a romance with Harry when Kate Middleton took a gap year so she'd be in the same year as William at St Andrew's and even changed her uni choice when his went public...
Did Kate pretend not to know anything about William though? Did Kate say she had no idea what she was getting into?

Did Kate pretend not to know anything about William though? Did Kate say she had no idea what she was getting into?
What exactly did Kate "get in" too? Seems to me, she's living a life of leisure? Shows her face once or twice a month at useless "royal events" then disappears for the rest of the month? Am I missing something? Kate has been moulded and groomed by her parents, she knew EXACTLY what she was marrying in to and knew exactly what was expected of her. Meghan is NOT from the UK and has no idea of the RF's procedures, protocols, rules and not to mention, unequivocal racism. Most Americans don't even know Europe is a bloody continent!

Not to mention, Kate was seen as the future Queen of England (by the press) STRAIGHT away. There were stories of how she was meeting with the Queen regularly every weekend during their engagement - how radiant she looks, how fitting her and Wills look together, how they're "childhood sweethearts". No mention of the times William cheated on her at university, tugged her along for the ride and she ran after him like a headless chicken.

I guess Kate is what people call a ✨golddigger✨

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Would she really have known she would have her passport, keys and driver's licence taken from her? And not have been able to access therapy? Really? She is a person in her own right and joining a Royal Family doesn't trump her personhood.

Reactions: 7
As someone who lives with MH conditions, I’m always shocked (but not surprised) when someone says they didn’t get any MH help. It just seems very juxtaposed against her MH charity work with Harry, Kate and William - was she physically stopped from getting private MH help?
I find it strange too... but thinking about it maybe she didn’t want anything leaking to the press maybe?! I know the palace wouldn’t help financially as she was not an “employee” but I would of thought Harry could of helped her. I don’t know, but palace HR needs investigating if they’re turning away MH issues, what else? I mean we can take a wild guess!

It's interesting that Meghan is vilified for apparently having an obsession with TRF and engineering a romance with Harry when Kate Middleton took a gap year so she'd be in the same year as William at St Andrew's and even changed her uni choice when his went public...
kate and Meghan aren’t that different from one another 😂 probably why they didn’t get on.

Reactions: 4
Would she really have known she would have her passport, keys and driver's licence taken from her? And not have been able to access therapy? Really? She is a person in her own right and joining a Royal Family doesn't trump her personhood.
But she was able to fly to her baby shower in NY and Serena’s US open final also in NY? This is the reason they say “don’t complain, don’t explain”, they sound ridiculous.

Reactions: 7
Maybe not physically stopped but if no one in the family believed her or if they thought she should just "deal with it", that feels like not getting help. Also, I would imagine that any MH professional she consulted would 100% tell her to get out of the situation she was in, which is what she did in the end!

• Sick
Reactions: 2
What exactly did Kate "get in" too? Seems to me, she's living a life of leisure? Shows her face once or twice a month at useless "royal events" then disappears for the rest of the month? Am I missing something? Kate has been moulded and groomed by her parents, she knew EXACTLY what she was marrying in to and knew exactly what was expected of her. Meghan is NOT from the UK and has no idea of the RF's procedures, protocols, rules and not to mention, unequivocal racism. Most Americans don't even know Europe is a bloody continent!

Not to mention, Kate was seen as the future Queen of England (by the press) STRAIGHT away. There were stories of how she was meeting with the Queen regularly every weekend during their engagement - how radiant she looks, how fitting her and Wills look together, how they're "childhood sweethearts". No mention of the times William cheated on her at university, tugged her along for the ride and she ran after him like a headless chicken.

I guess Kate is what people call a ✨golddigger✨
What else do you want her to do? Literally Royal life is showing up to charity events, ribbon cutting of parks and keeping quiet the rest of the time. The highlight of the Queens year is going on vacation - to Scotland! Also there is a difference between the heir and the spare. Margaret was always allowed to do more then the a Queen. Look at Charles and his life, the man wasn’t allowed to marry whom he wanted and his passion is gardening and waiting for his mom to die. God knows what Will is into, probably moving rocks from one end of the palace to another.

Kate will be queen and mother of a king one day so of course she gets to meet the Queen. What goes on in their private personal marriage and relationship is irrelevant to everyday British life. As long as Will and Kate show up, smile and say some nice words that is enough.

You forget that Megan has a IR degree from a top university in the US. She also worked in a US embassy. Please stop portraying her like some uneducated bumpkin. Megan has been divorced before so she knows that marriage is not an easy ride. They could have both chosen before the wedding to have a simple, non royal celebration and life. But they didn’t, so what is the point of publicity complaining now?

Reactions: 8
Look at Charles and his life, the man wasn’t allowed to marry whom he wanted and his passion is gardening and waiting for his mom to die. God knows what Will is into, probably moving rocks from one end of the palace to another.
I'm crying at this comment 🤣

Reactions: 6
Just my opinion. As I said, I am not a royalist and I’m just voicing my thoughts on what I saw when I watched the interview. No need to come at me for it.

“One sided” as in, the Royal Family. I’m not talking about the press. They’ve made some pretty big accusations about members of Harry’s family, knowing that they won’t just come out with a tell all interview of their own, because that’s not how it’s done in the RF.

I also find it curious that none of the questions asked were about Megan’s relationship with her father.
That is crucial for me. They have criticised his family a lot for lack of support and understanding and I in no way feel that it would be an easy family to marry in to but come on............. her family have betrayed her in the press at every turn. Sold stories about her. Said vile and nasty things about her in the press. Charles walked her down the aisle when her father was banned. And not a single question about her own family. That says it all for me.

Just my opinion. As I said, I am not a royalist and I’m just voicing my thoughts on what I saw when I watched the interview. No need to come at me for it.

“One sided” as in, the Royal Family. I’m not talking about the press. They’ve made some pretty big accusations about members of Harry’s family, knowing that they won’t just come out with a tell all interview of their own, because that’s not how it’s done in the RF.

I also find it curious that none of the questions asked were about Megan’s relationship with her father.
That is crucial for me. They have criticised his family a lot for lack of support and understanding and I in no way feel that it would be an easy family to marry in to but come on............. her family have betrayed her in the press at every turn. Sold stories about her. Said vile and nasty things about her in the press. Charles walked her down the aisle when her father was banned. And not a single question about her own family. That says it all for me.

Reactions: 5
None of the stuff I've seen seems to match up. She left because archie didn't get a royal title but surely she should have known that it was always only the eldest son's children who was going to get a title because they changed the rule after Princess eugenie and Beatrice were born?
Legally speaking (and is the case with all members of the family, rather used to be given outside of the Royal family since the Norman Conquest since thats when it all started in 1066 led by William the Conqueror the Aristocracy that is) no one can be given a title until marrying, prior is a style only

Where have you been, Kate and her mom were called a whole bunch of names “waiting Katie” “social climbers”, “kate and the diet she did to be skinny”. I mean go back and you will see. People forget because Kate put up with it in silence, and now people like her. Remember that rumor about how her husband cheated on her with her best friend - congenitally leaked from “close sources”.
Or even the Duchess of York once being called by the press Duchess of Pork literally was nicknamed that

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1
I would imagine it could be a stigma around it. Like they're all too perfect and it's not a good image to have or speak up about it. It's clear Diana was very sad and more so towards the end. I'd imagine she had no help either and I know back then MH wasn't as spoke about but I don't believe anyone was ever there for her within the RF

The people commenting that she is lying about her mental health and over exaggerating her issues with the press, are probably the same people who posted Be Kind when Caroline Flack committed suicide.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Loving the Irish Times review, totally accurate 👌
And I would hazard a guess that the majority of the Commonwealth would say similar. In saying that I'm invested in the royals, its such a tit show :ROFLMAO:

None of the stuff I've seen seems to match up. She left because archie didn't get a royal title but surely she should have known that it was always only the eldest son's children who was going to get a title because they changed the rule after Princess eugenie and Beatrice were born? They thought the British taxpayers should fund their security after they chose to go and live elsewhere? Erm no thanks hun. Him saying her being like his mum is gross tbh. Also they talk about her being refused counselling by the Royal family but Harry's said he's been in counselling for years?? I think the bit about him being too dark is awful but what are we meant to do about it? Genuinely what are we meant to do? What was the purpose of this interview? No one I know in real life cares and its not exactly like we're all going to storm the Palace.
Why do you think they want you to do anything?

Reactions: 5