CBS Oprah interview - Meghan Markle & Prince Harry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know there's a thread for them already but it's savage and kinda scary over there.

Thought it would be better to have an impartial thread for the program here for when it airs in the UK. I've seen all the tweets on Twitter from Americans and I'm blown away!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I watched it and still in shock

Meghan: “There were several conversation with Harry about what [Archie’s potential darkness] would mean or look like”.

But yeah, let's see if ITV don't edit it

But all I know for sure, the press own the royal family and not the other way round

Reactions: 9
Saying she never googled Harry and was too naive and not knowing who he was for me is where she loses all credibility. Especially when you consider he behavior and comments on her blog about researching people etc, before even meeting Harry. Playing the innocent victim one step too far. It's all very vague, and the comment on Kate (knowing she can't respond) is convenient.

Reactions: 27
Saying she never googled Harry and was too naive and not knowing who he was for me is where she loses all credibility. Especially when you consider he behavior and comments on her blog about researching people etc, before even meeting Harry. Playing the innocent victim one step too far. It's all very vague, and the comment on Kate (knowing she can't respond) is convenient.
She knew exactly who Harry was! She's been obsessed with his mother since she was a child

Reactions: 17
Never forget she's an actress. Not a very good one, but nevertheless, this is just another role and script for her.

Reactions: 20
I'm not going to watch or listen to the reports about it.

But for two people who hate the media and did not want to be in the public eye, they are doing a good job of it.

Reactions: 27
None of the stuff I've seen seems to match up. She left because archie didn't get a royal title but surely she should have known that it was always only the eldest son's children who was going to get a title because they changed the rule after Princess eugenie and Beatrice were born? They thought the British taxpayers should fund their security after they chose to go and live elsewhere? Erm no thanks hun. Him saying her being like his mum is gross tbh. Also they talk about her being refused counselling by the Royal family but Harry's said he's been in counselling for years?? I think the bit about him being too dark is awful but what are we meant to do about it? Genuinely what are we meant to do? What was the purpose of this interview? No one I know in real life cares and its not exactly like we're all going to storm the Palace.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
I bet Piers Morgan will bust a gut this morning.
Won’t be watching the show.

Reactions: 3
Piers Morgan is a painful watch this morning. Absolutely hate the man.

I’m interested to watch the interview and also see how the palace respond. I really quite like Harry and Meghan and don’t blame them for stepping back with how the press have treated her.

I am shocked about the revelation that they had a private wedding 3 days before the televised one. A bit of a slap in the face for everyone that was so excited to see the royal wedding, which wasn’t really the royal wedding.

Reactions: 15
I haven't watched yet but from the comments, it does sound like theres an attempt to sort of frame Meghan as the new Diana.

There a few things that don't quite work for me on this though. Allegedly, much of Diana's unhappiness came from being unsupported by her husband - Meghan has that. Also Diana was incredibly young whereas Meghan is more mature and has even been married before. I also do not believe she didn't know anything about the Royals or the Royal family - Diana passing away alone was a global news story that still echoes today.

The racist comments around Archie's skin tone are gross. That's absolutely awful.

Reactions: 13
It's interesting that Meghan is vilified for apparently having an obsession with TRF and engineering a romance with Harry when Kate Middleton took a gap year so she'd be in the same year as William at St Andrew's and even changed her uni choice when his went public...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
None of the stuff I've seen seems to match up. She left because archie didn't get a royal title but surely she should have known that it was always only the eldest son's children who was going to get a title because they changed the rule after Princess eugenie and Beatrice were born? They thought the British taxpayers should fund their security after they chose to go and live elsewhere? Erm no thanks hun. Him saying her being like his mum is gross tbh. Also they talk about her being refused counselling by the Royal family but Harry's said he's been in counselling for years?? I think the bit about him being too dark is awful but what are we meant to do about it? Genuinely what are we meant to do? What was the purpose of this interview? No one I know in real life cares and its not exactly like we're all going to storm the Palace.
they don’t expect anyone to do anything lol, they’ve been censored for a long time and even to a point this interview a lot still probably be held back. It wasn’t ever meant to be a tell all, a lot of people wanted to hear from them and this is probably the first time they’ve been able to do it.

whether or not it’s taxpayers money you’d think they’d want some security for people in their family but I guess not and we can probably imagine why🥴

Reactions: 1
I think it’s important that we as the general public know about it. The royal family are awful. They have deep dark secrets, they’re nothing like the image they portray to the world.
Well we all know this already. We know this because we saw Diana's death. We already know they are racist, Harry included. I don't know a single person who believes the royal family doesn't have deep dark secrets. This interview made absolutely no difference to that.
they don’t expect anyone to do anything lol, they’ve been censored for a long time and even to a point this interview a lot still probably be held back. It wasn’t ever meant to be a tell all, a lot of people wanted to hear from them and this is probably the first time they’ve been able to do it.

whether or not it’s taxpayers money you’d think they’d want some security for people in their family but I guess not and we can probably imagine why🥴
Well if they don't expect anyone to do anything why do the interview? Nobody seems to know what the purpose of it is under then to give the media something to talk about.

If they wanted security for their family then they should've funded it. It being taxpayers money does make a difference as Harry's had his entire life funded by British taxpayers. Its unfair to expect taxpayers to once again foot the bill for his lifestyle choices.

I’m going to watch tonight (even though it’s all over the news and I’ve read the ‘highlights’). Unsure what the real purpose of the interview is tbh.

Reactions: 4
It’s all very one-sided since the Royal Family likely won’t be able to respond with their version of events. Also felt like she was acting and wants to portray herself as the new Diana. They wanted titles for their children but then they didn’t? They wanted privacy now they’re on Oprah? Which is it?

I’m not overly invested in this spectacle, nor the royals themselves, but I think they’ve just burned all their bridges with the RF with that interview.

Reactions: 19
I too am unsure what the real purpose of the interview was to be honest. I'll definitely be tuning in though! Although I am finding it very interesting reading other peoples views (it's nice for it to be a two sided debate on here, rather than in other places where it just feels like a hate campaign towards Meghan).

Reactions: 8
Well if they don't expect anyone to do anything why do the interview? Nobody seems to know what the purpose of it is under then to give the media something to talk about.
who says it needs to be taxpayers money, I’m sure they have money for themselves and the purpose of the interview is that A LOT of people wanted to hear from Harry and Meghan without the censorship of TRF and they’ve got it. It doesn’t need to big a big song and dance. They were basically asked to interview and they said yes

It’s all very one-sided since the Royal Family likely won’t be able to respond with their version of events. Also felt like she was acting and wants to portray herself as the new Diana. They wanted titles for their children but then they didn’t? They wanted privacy now they’re on Oprah? Which is it?
“It’s very one-sided” and that’s what the press did Meghan from the start it was all one-sided from their view. Now I guess this interview is to hear from Meghan.

“They wanted privacy” as in they get to control of what they want to share and they want to be open in a way they see fit.

Anywaysssss people are so concerned about Harry and Meghan like there’s not a whole n*nce in the family that they should be spending time sorting out

Reactions: 16