CBS Oprah interview - Meghan Markle & Prince Harry

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
who says it needs to be taxpayers money, I’m sure they have money for themselves and the purpose of the interview is that A LOT of people wanted to hear from Harry and Meghan without the censorship of TRF and they’ve got it. It doesn’t need to big a big song and dance. They were basically asked to interview and they said yes

“It’s very one-sided” and that’s what the press did Meghan from the start it was all one-sided from their view. Now I guess this interview is to hear from Meghan.

“They wanted privacy” as in they get to control of what they want to share and they want to be open in a way they see fit.

Anywaysssss people are so concerned about Harry and Meghan like there’s not a whole n*nce in the family that they should be spending time sorting out
Just my opinion. As I said, I am not a royalist and I’m just voicing my thoughts on what I saw when I watched the interview. No need to come at me for it.

“One sided” as in, the Royal Family. I’m not talking about the press. They’ve made some pretty big accusations about members of Harry’s family, knowing that they won’t just come out with a tell all interview of their own, because that’s not how it’s done in the RF.

I also find it curious that none of the questions asked were about Megan’s relationship with her father.

Reactions: 12
It's interesting that Meghan is vilified for apparently having an obsession with TRF and engineering a romance with Harry when Kate Middleton took a gap year so she'd be in the same year as William at St Andrew's and even changed her uni choice when his went public...
Where have you been, Kate and her mom were called a whole bunch of names “waiting Katie” “social climbers”, “kate and the diet she did to be skinny”. I mean go back and you will see. People forget because Kate put up with it in silence, and now people like her. Remember that rumor about how her husband cheated on her with her best friend - congenitally leaked from “close sources”.

Reactions: 14
I’m confused about the double wedding. Most of the rifts between Megan and the family allegedly started around that time regarding decisions on the day. If you had a private wedding for just the two of you why would you care about the fake one for the public enough to make you cry?

Reactions: 4
who says it needs to be taxpayers money, I’m sure they have money for themselves and the purpose of the interview is that A LOT of people wanted to hear from Harry and Meghan without the censorship of TRF and they’ve got it. It doesn’t need to big a big song and dance. They were basically asked to interview and they said yes

“It’s very one-sided” and that’s what the press did Meghan from the start it was all one-sided from their view. Now I guess this interview is to hear from Meghan.

“They wanted privacy” as in they get to control of what they want to share and they want to be open in a way they see fit.

Anywaysssss people are so concerned about Harry and Meghan like there’s not a whole n*nce in the family that they should be spending time sorting out
But it was taxpayers money they were asking for. By asking the royal family to fund security, they were asking for taxpayers money because that's the money the royal family have. The British public support the royal family financially through the Sovereign Grant.

Reactions: 6
Kate put up with it in silence, and now people like her. .
but that’s the thing, Kate shouldn’t have had to put up with it in silence. People are quick to say Kate was treated the same as justification for everything Meghan’s had To put up with but this should never be the case. It shows that even people that don’t like Meghan still know the media are toxic as they always bring up when it happened to Kate. So I am glad Meghan is standing up for herself, and not putting up with it in silence so that people will like her. I’m glad she’s letting people see how toxic the RF can be. I’ve never bothered with the RF, but after their defence of Andrew I will NEVER ever respect any of them or what they stand for.

Reactions: 16
Here is my take:

- Harry disliked his Royal life, couldn’t wait to get out of it yet wants titles for his kids, also wants security paid by the British people.
- Megan: everyone was nasty but the Queen was nice and lovely. I don’t know much about the Royal family but from watching the Crown I know the Queen is”The Firm”.So who are the nasty, racist pricks that held her hostage.
- Racism claim: Harry’s kids are so far removed from the throne that it doesn’t matter what color or shade they are, so can’t see how that would matter. Unless you come and say “so and so said it”, then why bring it up at all?
- Mental health - didn’t Harry and William have that charity that deals with mental health and suicide? Is this a dig at that? Why would Megan need approval from “the Firm” about mental health when those appointments are confidential. Harry self professed he has had therapy for years, so why would his wife be not allowed.
- Simple life: yes right, your simple life in a wealthy town in SoCal.
- no mention of Megan’s family.
- Harry said he had to take Netflix deal to provide for his family. This folks is the real pearl in this interview: turns out Royal life does not prepare you for real life, there is no real skill in how to curtsy and knowing which fork to use with with course. The job market for “ex royals” apparently is slim pickings. Wonder who provides their health insurance, does he have a 401K, good dental?

all in all, I don’t see what the point of this was. The Royals are powerful and they play the long game. The tabloids will run this for a month tops and then what?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Putting EVERYTHING to one side,
I’m not sure how they can accuse someone of being racist, but refuse to name who it was,
You’re not protecting someone, you’re accusing everyone with a move like that.

Reactions: 22
but that’s the thing, Kate shouldn’t have had to put up with it in silence. People are quick to say Kate was treated the same as justification for everything Meghan’s had To put up with but this should never be the case. It shows that even people that don’t like Meghan still know the media are toxic as they always bring up when it happened to Kate. So I am glad Meghan is standing up for herself, and not putting up with it in silence so that people will like her. I’m glad she’s letting people see how toxic the RF can be. I’ve never bothered with the RF, but after their defence of Andrew I will NEVER ever respect any of them or what they stand for.
What is Kate’s choice? Kate will most likely be Queen one day or at the least mother to a king. It would be stupid to criticize the very institution she married into and her husband and son will lead one day.

The Royals defending Andrew is not a shocker, what’s shocking is why the law doesn’t go after him? We all know the answer to that.

I’m not sure how they can accuse someone of being racist, but refuse to name who it was,
But not the Queen, apparently she was always super nice.

Reactions: 3
I haven't seen the interview so I'm just going off what I've read a few headlines. What does she mean when she says she didn't know who Harry was? She hears 'Prince Harry' and doesn't correlate that to the British royal family? How many other royal families are as mainstream as the British? The royals are all insular and close minded who've only been around people of similar social status their whole lives so I don't doubt that they're all racist including Harry, remember the nazi uniform fancy dress? You can't pass that off as a lapse in judgement. Too many steps went into that to make it possible and then be naive enough to think no one would take photos?

I don't understand why Megan can't get mental health treatment. Surely, she can afford to go private either in the UK or Canada at least. You're telling me there is no respectable mental health professional that can treat a famous person and maintain confidentiality and follow privacy laws? They would put their professional career on the line to out details about Megan? No way.

Reactions: 8
Exactly. They dropped a bomb with that one, now people are slavering at the mouth over it and accusations flying everywhere over who actually said it. That and the gender reveal are exactly the kind of big revelation content that interviewers like Oprah want to boost their ratings and keep everyone talking.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Megan can't get mental health treatment. Surely, she can afford to go private either in the UK or Canada at least. You're telling me there is no respectable mental health professional that can treat a famous person and maintain confidentiality and follow privacy laws? They would put their professional career on the line to out details about Megan? No way.
Harry has spoken about undergoing therapy to cope with the loss of his mother. It sounds completely false that she couldn't get mental health care.

Reactions: 12
I believe them... Jesus Christ I wish piers Morgan would shut the duck up about them.. it’s getting very tiresome now... 🥱

Reactions: 13
Harry has spoken about undergoing therapy to cope with the loss of his mother. It sounds completely false that she couldn't get mental health care.
I agree, it's false. Her husband set up a mental health charity so he's sort of an advocate for it and has been in therapy himself. We know a man with his position and status in high society would be looked down upon for not being able to cope on his own. All those high society elderly are 'stiff upper lip' people but Harry did it anyway and was praised for it.

I'm guessing it was more of the royal family wanted her to go to a specific, royal approved, provider and Megan refused because she thought they would report back to the royal family. By that logic why are the royals giving birth and getting treatment at hospitals with non royal healthcare workers? Why don't they have their own funded and trained medical staff on call at the palace or where ever?

• Heart
I have not seen all the interview but already I am a bit fed up.

There is no way that the royal family would not help someone who was reporting to be suicidal and no way that Harry would not have stepped in to DEMAND help for his wife - what Meghan want's she get's remember. I am not saying that she wasn't in that frame of mind which is horrendous - I have been there myself - but remember Diana threw herself down the stairs when pregnant with William. Also Diana said in her interview she threatened the Royals by her popularity - this is the same narrative that Harry uses - it's ludicrous. Meghan did not have the same level of press intrusion that Diana did - Diana was married at 19, pregnant at 20 and she was HOUNDED. Plus lets not rewrite history - Diana was killed in France being chased by FRENCH paps, in a car driven by a drunk driver and did not have a seatbelt on. Meghan has never been subjected to that.

This is a grown woman - they spat their dummies out because they couldn't cash in on being royal and are now mud slinging. It was an incredibly one sided interview - she also does not blame herself for the breakdown of her relationship with her father - he went on national TV begging to see her - if she misses him so much surely she could build bridges?

And to think that all that pomp and ceremony of the Royal wedding, the money spent, the a-list celebrities some of whom have admitted they had no idea why they were invited to the wedding - George Clooney being one of them. I am angry that they got married in private beforehand, very very angry as it made a complete mockery of everyone who supported them - and they wonder why people do not like them - contradiction after contradiction. Climate changers on private jets, wanting privacy and speaking to Oprah - they want fame and money.

There are people losing everything because of Covid but Harry was annoyed about being cut off and having to get $100m netflix deal for protection? How protected was he on an open top bus with Corden - didn't need security then - anyone could have taken a pop at him - its America remember everyone and their granny has a gun! Its total bullshit woe is me crap.

One thing I will say however is that if they were not going to name who Harry had that conversation with about Archie then they should not have mentioned it. If it is true it is HORRIFIC and quite frankly they should be called to account - but saying it would be very damaging to them is passive aggressive behaviour and a classic narcissistic trait. They are clearly alluding to the fact that it was a senior Royal as if it was a member of the household or staff they would have said.

I think this will damage their reputation far more that the royal family's and I just don't know why they did it. And what falsehoods were the palace spreading?

• Heart
Reactions: 11
There is no way in the fires if hell she didn’t read or see any reports about her and didn’t google Harry or his family. 😐

so when you’re clearly telling a lie on one hand, why believe the rest.

Reactions: 10
I just don’t think we are getting all the facts. The press were horribly racist to Meghan, yes. However, I can’t help feeling like Meghan came onto the scene all of a sudden, wanted fame, seemed to upset a lot of people, and now is speaking to Oprah which doesn’t match the narrative of wanting a quiet life. I don’t think we are ever going to get the truth.

They both deserve happiness and therapy, but dragging their family and ex-staff though the mud like this is just unnecessary. And before anyone comes at me, I think other RF issues like Andrew definitely need sorting out, the RF are not perfect by any means. Imo, Meghan strikes me an a narcisisst. This has nothing to do with her race, sex etc, I just read her as cold, an actress, not genuine. None of us know them in real life, none of us know what has actually happened, so we can only go from body language and what they put out there for us to hear.

ETA:
I suppose they have the right to say their piece, but, after this, they should go live a quiet life doing good things they say they want to do, and the RF should also take a look at itself, because its reputation is very questionable too.
What we should not have is years and years of this dragging out because it serves no-one, just breeds discontent and hate on all sides.
So to summarise, I don’t think Meghan is as genuine as she makes out, but, if leaving the RF with Harry means they are happier, then good, go live your lives.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I know there's a thread for them already but it's savage and kinda scary over there.

Thought it would be better to have an impartial thread for the program here for when it airs in the UK. I've seen all the tweets on Twitter from Americans and I'm blown away!
The crazies have arrived girl
Knew this thread would be derailed

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I “watched” the other thread ready to have a good conversation about the interview after it aired here but I was scared away straight away 🤣 I’m going to be so tired tomorrow though, 10:50pm is way past bed time!!

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The crazies have arrived girl
Knew this thread would be derailed
100%.

I will reserve judgement until I've watched the interview but I still don't see what Meghan EVER did for the British public to dislike her so severely? Right off the bat, when they weren't even married, she was labelled as "smug" "know it all" "demanding" - Where did this all come from bc as far as I know ALL Meghan's friends and people in Hollywood are jumping at her defence saying the complete opposite. Only her family has said negative things about her and its clear where their intentions lay. RIGHT from the start, the British media treated her completely different to how they've treated ANY other royal spouse.

I don't believe she didn't google Harry. Anyone would have known who he was/is. I don't know exactly what she said as it hasn't aired her yet but I can only imagine she meant she didn't go digging for information on him like she could have after she started dating him. One Google search and she knows his whole life.

I do believe the problem is racism but people clearly arent ready for that discussion. Harry the same Prince who yelling the racial slurs overseas, the same man to call out the racial inequalities in the RF? Who would've thunk it?

Last edited:
Reactions: 9