CathyReaywrites (formerly thatsinglemum)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I wish I had such little self awareness. Must be bliss.

Also "Please read the following before you interact with me" 😂😂😂. Why can't any of these cranks just be normal?

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Changed her Instagram name.. anyone else think she’s actually fuming Cosmo didn’t ask her to write the article and that’s why she’s felt the need to add ‘writes’ in there 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Changed her Instagram name.. anyone else think she’s actually fuming Cosmo didn’t ask her to write the article and that’s why she’s felt the need to add ‘writes’ in there 😂
It’s all just so desperately tragic, isn’t it? She’s convinced the reason she doesn’t get offered these writing jobs is because every magazine editor is an ableist scumbag, but in reality it’s because her writing just isn’t very good and she’s not a very nice person 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
With the whole Cosmo thing, I interpreted the journalist asking for 'women or non-binary people' as essentially asking for stories from anyone who doesn't identify as a man. She seems to have completely misinterpreted that aspect!

I agree that the response from Cosmo was impressive and it really looks like they are trying hard to do the work. I'm sure Cathy would say it's not up to me to pass judgement on this though because of my 'privilege' (as she clearly sees disability as a hierarchy and constantly overlooks hidden disabilities/chronic illnesses)

Reactions: 10
The reality is, while it would be great if every organisation and publication was inclusive, Cosmo is under no obligation to even respond to her to the degree that it did. If she doesn't like how its articles are produced she's free to not buy or read it. And let's be honest, no reply would have made her happy. She didn't have any sort of substantive response when they replied to her anyway and was quite obviously out of her depth. She's very fortunate we live in an age where we can weaponise identities to legitimise our arguments because she's certainly not saying anything worthwhile at the minute.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
FE7052E4-951C-4C55-9B78-9B536E9F239B.png

Just like you saying you’re queer then, Cathy?

Also, do people specifically say they don’t want cis-het men, is that actually a thing? 🙃

FE7052E4-951C-4C55-9B78-9B536E9F239B.png

Just like you saying you’re queer then, Cathy?

Also, do people specifically say they don’t want cis-het men, is that actually a thing? 🙃
Adding that she has expanded on this further on Twitter. The mind boggles even more. Have you unpacked YOUR cis-het female privilege Cathy?

Also, still utterly baffled that people will only seek out bi/pan men and heterosexual men are banned. Assuming this is her who is stipulating this in her own dating profile as it seems something she’d do.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
I have never, not once in my offline life heard anybody utter the words 'cis-het', or even 'cis' for that matter, unless they're muttering angrily about idiots academics in their ivory towers coming up with new tit to confuse people. Regular people doing the daily grind of life just don't have the TIME or the energy for all of this utter bullshit and luxury beliefs. They're for people with way too much free time and mental space on their hands.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I do online dating, I suspect with significantly more success than, and I have only met two "cis het" men in my career being a massive tart who would consider bleeping a man, and both of them are just filthy and like doing things that are "taboo", not desperately trying to attract woke bores like her for her breathtaking natural beauty.

She just makes tit up for content.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
So she’s finally got herself to the hairdressers and (surprise!) is pissed off because the hairdresser has dissuaded her from getting a hairstyle that won’t suit her head shape. I mean, that’s literally their bleeping job. I went to the hairdresser once and she rightfully told me I’d look like Lord Farquad if I got a Bob. I can only imagine she’d be pissed off if she got the ridiculous style she’s got her heart set on but ended up looking like a tit... you can’t win with this woman!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Reminds me of that song in the TikTok trend

“So I'll give myself a name, something stupid and pretentious....”

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She's like a bleeping teenager."My name doesn't reflect who I am blah blah bullshit".

Well, it's your name and you've had it for three and a half decades so it's as much you as anything else you whopper.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I might be wrong but is cis het not just someone who is straight and were born a man. I didn’t realise it was weird to be attracted to them.

Reactions: 10
I might be wrong but is cis het not just someone who is straight and were born a man. I didn’t realise it was weird to be attracted to them.
I had to Google it as had no bloody clue what the whinge bag was on about and that's what I took from it. I realise I may have some research to do as I'm still none the wiser.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.