Carrie Hope Fletcher #94 are you just...like this?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Surely it isn’t just my hospital that puts pain up your bum straight after labour as pain relief?! My friend prewarned me so I know it’s not just me hahaha

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
Surely it isn’t just my hospital that puts pain up your bum straight after labour as pain relief?! My friend prewarned me so I know it’s not just me hahaha
I can confirm I had this too post C section, was mortified but by that point I didn't care and let them!!

Reactions: 1
Not saying it isn’t but also just the same as every other woman who gives birth. However we don’t all then have to wait for our midwife to get us pain a couple of days later because we’re too tight to pay for them. I’m sure John or Debbie could have even stretched to some cocodamol from boots if her ladyship was that bad.
She obviously didn’t mean paracetamol or ibuprofen. They cost nothing. She was clearly talking about the stronger pain that only a doctor or a midwife can give you.

Reactions: 8
Carrie and Joel are more than capable of phoning the GP or Midwife for help if she needs it

Reactions: 9
Everyone handles pain differently. Sometimes you will be offered some, but often you have to ask for it yourself. Carrie expects everything to be handed to her on a silver plate. Just ask for extra pain killers if you're in pain??

Reactions: 12
Hi idiots (Carrie and John),

1.Go to your nearest supermarket
2. Find the medicine
3. Buy whatever one works best personally
4. Go home
5. Take these with liquid
6. Wait
7 if this does not work, call 111 or your local GP
8. Follow instructions

Reactions: 20
Wait… why are they calling a midwife when she’s no longer pregnant?? I’m so out of the loop.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s quite clear I think that Joel does the bare minimum with Mabel - given he’s posted a picture of him solo cuddling her on the sofa, a story of them out for a walk, and a story of him trying to settle her on a supermarket trip. This would suggest he’s documenting the first time he’s done all these things cause if you were doing them everyday you probably wouldn’t think it’s worth documenting on SM, which given she’s a month old seems a bit ridiculous.
but is it Carrie refusing to share Mabel so he can help, or him just being clueless/useless?

Wait… why are they calling a midwife when she’s no longer pregnant?? I’m so out of the loop.
if it was a couple of days after birth you’re still under midwife care. in the trust i’m under they visit you the day after you come home, then a further 2 occasions within the first two weeks. if everything is all good they then discharge you from midwife care into the hands of the health visitor.

if it was a couple of days after birth you’re still under midwife care. in the trust i’m under they visit you the day after you come home, then a further 2 occasions within the first two weeks. if everything is all good they then discharge you from midwife care into the hands of the health visitor.
yeah but she’s not within the first two weeks?

Reactions: 6
Who is only concerned with baby, not mother right?

Pretty sure you get discharged from the midwife service after 6 days - sometimes it can take longer! My discharge appointment wasn't until day 21...

Re the whole "our midwife" scenario, I do wonder if she paid for a private midwife because she wanted a homebirth. There's no guarantee with an NHS midwife that there will be someone available to facilitate a homebirth, depends on the demands of the service.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.