Carrie Hope Fletcher #92 I had a dream my life would be so different from this hell I’m living

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So to sum up before the new thread...

Carrie's a narcissistic
Joel's a twit
Nobody cares what your/your sprogs middle name is
Nobody cares how quickly after giving birth you were out/had visitors

Can we all please, please behave so we don't need to see Joel in a waitrose bag again!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
jesus christ people. we literally do not care if you and all of your siblings, cousins and children are named after your great aunty janet or not. passing down names is not narcissistic behaviour. no one is suggesting it is. what people ARE suggesting is that carrie herself is so bleeping self absorbed the notion of her giving the baby her name is just another part of her narcissistic personality as a whole

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
I second this. I had a 1:1 with PBC and it did more harm than good. I was terrified about giving birth and very vulnerable when pregnant Louise pe gland and Hannah michalak before that had gone on about how the pbc makes birth a few deep breaths and poof baby out it’s all in the mind. Siobhan kept telling me how any interventions lead to further interventions and should be avoided at all costs, long story short my babies cord was failing and when told I needed to be induced (went on to emergency section) all I could think of was the horror stories she’d told me. I put myself in debt paying for the course because I was so scared of giving birth and vulnerable being in an abusive relationship. The endorsemements from LP and HM were glorified unstated ads which happened to come just before she was launching a new side to the PBC and growing the business. Biggest mistake I ever made wish I’d spent the money on a decent pram etc but I was so terrified and influenced in the worst possible way. Sorry to go off topic I feel very strongly about PBC and how immensely damaging it is. Hypbobirthinf in itself can be wonderful but should include any scaremongering
Wish we could PM to share experiences on here, I won’t share publicly but I hear you ❤ a friend that is training to be a doula is spouting some very questionable advice from her training IMO and I think a lot more reality needs to come from the midwives who do this day in, day out!

Anyway back to Carrie before the new thread and this is locked - I’m sure we’ll hear all the am dram of her birth before too long and I for one am here for it, love a good birth story 🍿 and one from a narc should make some good reading 😂

Reactions: 9
Now that we're just about to start another thread can we leave family names' discussions, eventual quarantines before meeting a new born, and all that Mumsnet crap in this one?

WE 👏🏼 DON'T 👏🏼 CARE 👏🏼
can this include labour stories too? please and thank you

Reactions: 38
So to sum up before the new thread...

Carrie's a narcissistic
Joel's a twit
Nobody cares what your/your sprogs middle name is
Nobody cares how quickly after giving birth you were out/had visitors

Can we all please, please behave so we don't need to see Joel in a waitrose bag again!!!
The Waitrose bag is like a thread punishment 😭

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I think he’s rhetorically suggesting there couldn’t be any other reason to love Christmas.
Ah, I thought maybe John's birthday was in December or something. Just generally being tragic then.

On another note. I'M JUST BACK FROM THE GYM. I WOULD LIKE SOME MAGAFANS TO START A FANFARE ABOUT HOW BRILLIANT I AM AND TELL EVERYONE THAT I CAN DO NO WRONG.

#activelifestyle #marathonqween #notlikeotherrunners

• Haha
Reactions: 19
off topic but i’m so sorry you felt so scared about birth (a very normal worry) that you were essentially preyed on by them into thinking any intervention was a bad thing. i hope baby arrived safely in the end and you’re all doing well now. i’ve downloaded the PBC’s online resources as i’m due in 5 weeks but reading all these things are making me very aware to take it with a pinch of salt
Long as you didn’t pay you’ve got nothing to lose some of the mantras I loved but Siobhan kept explicitly saying how horrendous interventions and to ask questions and not be pushed into anything. As long as you bear in mind that yet interventions carry risk but they don’t do them for no reason. My daughter is almost 6 now and the light of my life. I hope and I’m sure it will everything goes ok for you, every birth is different (my c section was amazing poorly baby aside😂 first time in 20 years I hadn’t had pain). Sending you much love and sorry if I’ve derailed thread
---
can this include labour stories too? please and thank you
my bad. I was just replying as what I had to say was relevant to Carrie as my experience was with the same hypnobirthing company. Head hurts too much to work out how to hide under a spoiler

Reactions: 6
Birth stories
Middle name stories
Demon midwife tales
Every time I see a paragraph start ‘when I…’. I just skip on by.
This thread is becoming 🥱🥱🥱

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Long as you didn’t pay you’ve got nothing to lose some of the mantras I loved but Siobhan kept explicitly saying how horrendous interventions and to ask questions and not be pushed into anything. As long as you bear in mind that yet interventions carry risk but they don’t do them for no reason. My daughter is almost 6 now and the light of my life. I hope and I’m sure it will everything goes ok for you, every birth is different (my c section was amazing poorly baby aside😂 first time in 20 years I hadn’t had pain). Sending you much love and sorry if I’ve derailed thread
---

my bad. I was just replying as what I had to say was relevant to Carrie as my experience was with the same hypnobirthing company. Head hurts too much to work out how to hide under a spoiler
I think Siobhan is a dick and she peddles some really stupid stuff. I wish she had a thread on here! I’m so sorry this happened to you 😫
---
Don't worry I'm putting myself in timeout ♥

View attachment 2796116
Thank u for ensuring I will have nightmares tonight 🥲

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.