Carrie Hope Fletcher #8 Cinderella will be a flop, so buy a Cherry Coke from my Tuck Shop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I completely get that she probably didn’t think twice about this (not sure if that makes it any better though) but for some reason after last nights news the combination of the caption and the smug face just irks me… read.the.room.
Me too. So incredibly smug.

Reactions: 11
Smugness most definitely runs in the Fletcher family. Tom and Gi always look actually the same.

If she wasn’t well liked by other performers before she certainly won’t be for much longer.

Reactions: 7
Also can't understand why ALW didn't just delay the press night from 14 July by one week to 21 July, and thus after the current expected "freedom day". Just one week! And have an extra week of socially distanced previews. No big deal and might do the show good. A big launch and press night two days after "freedom day", all tarted up to be "reopening theatre post-covid with a brand new show" would get him loads of news programme coverage.

Reactions: 12
From Theatre Board:
Poster 1:
Anyway, in other Cinders news according to her socials CHF has opened a tuck shop for the cast in her dressing room! This is in addition to the mini-library she set up a couple of weeks ago. You don’t have to pay for the book or some “tuck”, you just have to write something positive in Carrie’s Book Of Happiness and she’ll give you cola and a bag of cheesy wotsits. The cast must ADORE her. I hope they’re squeezing some rehearsals in along with all of this 🙂.

Poster 2:
She comes across as an utter nightmare and such hard work, honestly.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Just posting incase anyone hasn’t seen…
OOF and yet Cinderella has got the wave of the wand to have a special run with full houses -_-
I know the saying all press is good press but I don't think it can apply here anymore. Between smugness, COVID and a dodgy tag lines. This could have been a fantastic show butttt they've butched it elsewhere.

Reactions: 6
I know the saying all press is good press but I don't think it can apply here anymore. Between smugness, COVID and a dodgy tag lines. This could have been a fantastic show butttt they've butched it elsewhere.
Before all of this I wasn't that interested in seeing cinders, but now its the last show I'd want to see. I really don't think any good can come of ALW and Carrie running their mouths about this, its just putting people off the show even more

Reactions: 10
I’m not sure if this will end well for ALW and Carrie. An awful lot of people seem to have turned on them after this pilot announcement and there is some resentment about the special treatment ALW is getting from the government. What a mess.

Reactions: 8
But if Cinderella is the only show to open as pilot performances, would she take a stand against it?
Just on a scroll through my Twitter nearly all of the tweets I’ve seen from Whats On Stage is “X west end show announces it will open despite road map change” - obviously there are details to each case and I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t read each of the articles, all of these shows have sold tickets already so I’m assuming they’re shifting seats to do social distanced seating I’m assuming so even though Cinderella won’t be the only show, it seems to be the only show getting this slight of negative press which might make the situation even worse for them

Like someone mentioned above, I don’t see why ALW didn’t either just move press night or have a back up plan of socially distanced seating before kicking up a fuss - I know it’s not sustainable but he’s not scraping for this show and as I just said, before he kicked up a fuss. Other shows (Prince of Egypt, SIX Tour, Hairspray, the main ones I’ve seen) seem to have some form of back up plan that will let them open during July so why can’t the apparent head of all west end theatre as he seemed to consider himself at the start of the pandemic 🤷🏼‍♀️

From that tweet, Carrie seems to be saying that if Cinderella can open to full-capacity, other theatres should too, or if other theatres can’t open, neither should Cinderella. I do agree with her. I don’t agree that theatres should open to full capacity just yet (all the shows I have booked are socially distanced apart from Cinderella, because naively I just assumed it would be socially distanced). But I do agree with her when she basically says ALW shouldn’t be an exception. She seems to be defending other shows. I don’t think she’s in a position to be able to argue this with ALW and refuse to do the show until other shows can open to full capacity, as she is the face of the show, she’s on the front of the theatre, and she could risk getting fired. So I understand her on this one. Actors don’t get the same freedom that producers get, they basically just get paid to show up and do as they’re asked, so I doubt she has a choice here.

Reactions: 7
She mentioned Gi on her IG post and I went to check her, someone turned off the comment section that was calling her out, very Fletcher of her.
Tom did the same thing with his latest Instagram post today as well. Switching off the comments so that people won’t find out what you did seems a bit sneaky.

I really wanted to send this reply under Carrie’s tweet but don’t want to get blocked, so I’m putting it here:

‪Lol you foul hypocrite. You’re in the test pilot show. You stomped your doc martens and cried that Boris was unfairly targeting Cinderella. Give me a break with this virtue signalling bullshit. You’ve only ever cared about one thing in theatre and that thing is yourself.‬ Don’t act as if you suddenly are the great defender of actors when, while your costars have had to work extra jobs on top of training at home, you’ve smugly sat by and posted pictures of your cats.

Reactions: 15
From that tweet, Carrie seems to be saying that if Cinderella can open to full-capacity, other theatres should too, or if other theatres can’t open, neither should Cinderella. I do agree with her. I don’t agree that theatres should open to full capacity just yet (all the shows I have booked are socially distanced apart from Cinderella, because naively I just assumed it would be socially distanced). But I do agree with her when she basically says ALW shouldn’t be an exception. She seems to be defending other shows. I don’t think she’s in a position to be able to argue this with ALW and refuse to do the show until other shows can open to full capacity, as she is the face of the show, she’s on the front of the theatre, and she could risk getting fired. So I understand her on this one. Actors don’t get the same freedom that producers get, they basically just get paid to show up and do as they’re asked, so I doubt she has a choice here.
It’s all words
No one likes to be the pariah of the west end on this
You seriously think if they’re allowed to go ahead ALW and Carrie wont?
I’ll have more respect if she puts her money where her mouth is for once
It’s seems Twitter agrees

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Read her post about gaining weight. As someone with a history of EDs, I fully understand how awful it is when people make unwanted comments on your weight. But it's never changed my opinion that she was too fat for Veronica. If she was skinny for Heather's they'd have stuck a black wig on her and kept with the original character design. But because she had gained weight which was obviously not something they could alter they changed the character to fit her look. I'm sorry but in my opinion the actress should fit the part, not the other way round
Then they wouldn't have had to transpose the score down so that she could sing it and potentially wouldn't have used some of the lyrics from the censored version performed by kids - likely done because Carrie's fans are so young. But on the other hand, we never would have seen "Dead Girl Walking" turned into panto :)

• Haha
Reactions: 5
It’s all words
No one likes to be the pariah of the west end on this
You seriously think if they’re allowed to go ahead ALW and Carrie wont?
I’ll have more respect if she puts her money where her mouth is for once
It’s seems Twitter agrees
I certainly think that ALW will do whatever it takes, regardless of safety, because he’s a greedy, selfish bastard. But the cast don’t have a choice. It’s like my friend who works in retail; when the lockdown started, the shop she worked in stayed open. Most people argued that it wasn’t an essential shop but the company argued that it was because they happened to also sell sandwiches. So my friend and her colleagues had to keep going to work in what most people would agree was a non-essential shop, back when only the essential shops were allowed to open and only ‘key workers’ were allowed to leave their homes for work. She wanted to refuse to go in but if she did, she’d had been fired. Because you just go in when your boss tells you to. I would assume theatre is the same.

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.