Carrie Hope Fletcher #8 Cinderella will be a flop, so buy a Cherry Coke from my Tuck Shop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to @Kitt for the new thread title with 29 likes!
I did have to shorten it slightly to fit it in.

1623707296781.png

Carrying on from here:

Latest news: Boris the fairy godmother has given Andrew his wish, looks like he gets to open Cindermehla when all the other theatres are still wondering what's going on!

Last thread we had numerous Guylian and Doughnut Time giveaways, a book trolley, and now a theatre tuck shop. What next, will she get hold of a rickshaw bike or a tuk-tuk and start running her cast to and from the tube station?

Oh and other members of the Fletcher family disgraced themselves by taking £30k furlough cash, despite so many more deserving people going completely without support.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Thanks to @Kitt for the new thread title with 29 likes!
I did have to shorten it slightly to fit it in.

View attachment 617913

Carrying on from here:

What next, will she get hold of a rickshaw bike or a tuk-tuk and start running her cast to and from the tube station?
😂😂😂😂 you know it’s only a matter of time

Reactions: 1
Time to up those likes...
Prove that her half a million followers aren’t bought

Reactions: 4
Read her post about gaining weight. As someone with a history of EDs, I fully understand how awful it is when people make unwanted comments on your weight. But it's never changed my opinion that she was too fat for Veronica. If she was skinny for Heather's they'd have stuck a black wig on her and kept with the original character design. But because she had gained weight which was obviously not something they could alter they changed the character to fit her look. I'm sorry but in my opinion the actress should fit the part, not the other way round

Reactions: 14
There is absolutely nothing wrong with weight gain but the acting like she's far bigger than she is, has to stop. She's probably a size 16 and that's a normal size.

She is not healthy however and that's not good for a young, impressionable audience.

You can tell she's insecure about it but trying to blame the pill or pretend she's not bothered about it, makes me sad that she's so insecure about herself.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
It’s interesting to see the reaction from MT actors, producer, directors etc on social media regarding the potential full opening. They feel a sense of entitlement has been given and I don’t blame them

Reactions: 11
Is she supposed to be on makeup for Cinderella in those stories with the head wrap? Because that’s her usual makeup.

Reactions: 3
Hi! Long time lurker, first time poster. I used to post a lot on GG a few years ago when Karen Carrie was in Heathers (I was nym in GG) and a few weeks ago I found this new forum.

ALW's entitlement makes me sick, I've seen than same kind of entitlement in rich people during all the pandemic. It's like they feel like rules are for everyone else but them and they even feel like they're doing a very brave thing when they're putting other people's health in danger. As a nurse who has gone through the worst of the pandemic and has seen really sad situations at work, I'm just mad and angry and amazed at how priviledged ALW's and Carrie's life during the pandemic must have been. Sure, they haven't had any job during this time, but still they hadn't lost their homes or haven't become poor. I know people who has died, who haven't worked for months and they were pretty close to become homeless, people who have gone through real loss in the end. And these pricks are all pouty because they can't get a full house on the opening night (HA, as if) because of safety restrictions. I'm just... I can't.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think it’s disgusting ALW has been vile all week in the papers saying he’ll just do what he likes regardless of the rules and then he gets rewarded by being part of Boris’ pilot scheme thing. Always the dickheads who get away with stuff.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
What’s happening with Cam Mac? He can’t be very happy!
Les Mis (concert) is open and running, and as far as I can see from the seating plans, they've been sensible and it's with reduced capacity / lots of seats out of use for the forseeable. So presumably the delay just means a few more weeks of maintaining the reduced capacity. ALW could simply have opened Cindermehla with similar reduced capacity and then there would have been no problem.

As it is, looking at the MANY seats that are still available for Cindermehla I think ALW has missed a trick here, he had a ready made excuse for reduced audiences wanting to see his new show, but no he has banged on about wanting to open to a full house so what is he going to say when audiences are so poor a week later.

Pre-pandemic I went to the theatre in London to see something almost every.single.week. (made careful use of a lot of offers!). However I've got nothing booked at all still. I just don't fancy sitting right next to random people for three hours, or the mask wearing, or all the fuss of temperature tests and one way systems and rigidly allocated entry time slots etc. I'll wait a few months and I suspect an awful lot of other people are too. Not to mention there's still minimal international travel so not many tourists around to buy the seats. I think ALW is absolutely nuts to have made such a song and dance ( ;) ) about it. Should have just waited a few months more like Frozen and all the other very big shows have!

ALW banging on about wanting to be allowed to sell every seat in the house, what makes him so sure that there are people around that want to buy every seat in the house though. I'm not seeing that they do!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
The scrutiny for the show will be bigger than ever now with it being a pilot project. If it flops, the whole industry might suffer.

The whole show is just such a wild card - ALWs music plus Emerald Fennell making the story might still be something good. But if it's not, it basically proves to the nay sayers that theatre is useless.

Reactions: 15
I just checked and Cam Mack has Les Mis Concert open already, next to open is Phantom at the end of July, then all the others are late August or even later.

No doubt he's still claiming a lot of furlough, but him waiting a few months more to reopen the shows seems more sensible than ALW's approach.

Reactions: 6
The scrutiny for the show will be bigger than ever now with it being a pilot project. If it flops, the whole industry might suffer.

The whole show is just such a wild card - ALWs music plus Emerald Fennell making the story might still be something good. But if it's not, it basically proves to the nay sayers that theatre is useless.
I don’t really care about alw or carries career if it goes to pot but I don’t think emerald fennel’s career will be suffered that badly as she’s never really had anything controversial or bad to begin with (also I really loved promising young women, and when she was in the crown)

Loads of posters for Cinderella around central London, that graphic design is awful!! I could have done better with my A in Art GCSE

• Haha
Reactions: 12
What’s happening with Cam Mac? He can’t be very happy!
He's saved a bunch of money by cutting the original creative team, musicians and actor contacts from Phantom and Les Mis. The mans only interested in screwing over those who make more money a year than he thinks is right in these shows.

Reactions: 6
He's saved a bunch of money by cutting the original creative team, musicians and actor contacts from Phantom and Les Mis. The mans only interested in screwing over those who make more money a year than he thinks is right in these shows.
Will this be noticeable to the audience who have seen the shows before? I had read that Phantom wouldnt be the same and would be like the tour version to save money but I don’t know how true that is?

Reactions: 1
I just checked and Cam Mack has Les Mis Concert open already, next to open is Phantom at the end of July, then all the others are late August or even later.

No doubt he's still claiming a lot of furlough, but him waiting a few months more to reopen the shows seems more sensible than ALW's approach.
There's another time pressure on Cinderella though — Emerald Fennell is pregnant, so going to previews and doing any re-writes would be difficult when she's had the baby.

I can understand why they want to open it, and sympathise that it would be miserable for a brand new show to have a half empty opening night. But there isn't a lot you can do really!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.